Beta Build: 59607

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, January 16, 2014.

1. thetdawg3191

thetdawg3191 Active Member

everything here is fantastic. except a few things:

flak cannons have the same range and cost as regular AA.

naval units got ludicrously slow.

that's all i have right now, will edit as more BS is found.
  2. Arachnis

Arachnis Well-Known Member

Advanced satellite doesn't seem to work anymore.
  3. pieman2906

pieman2906 Well-Known Member

Nope, you can just send an orbital fabber and build a second teleporter directly onto the surface from orbit.
  4. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Flak damages AOE. Didn't try yet, hopefully a very wide AOE (like a quarter of the entire range-field hopefully).

4 flak will kill 8+ planes better probably, and 4 missiles will kill 1-2 planes better (one at a time). Also, flak is dedicated anti-air right, while missiles are hybrid.

Generally, I forsee them both getting heavy use. Depending on details though, I suspect cost may get tweaked or other stuff.
  5. Arachnis

I assume that the astreus will be able to use an area load command in the future, which will allow you to load up entire armies when needed. This will help invading planets where it's difficult to set up a gate.
  6. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

This is speculation on my behalf, but most people speculate that the astraeus was a tool to test interplanetary in the beta. It is obviously a non-sensical unit. Wouldn't be suprised if it is being phased out.

But why waste that model and everything? They should reapply it to an air transport or something lol.

Currently, have you ever noticed orbital factory literally fires it into the upper atomesphere, then it just suddenly zero-g's and can float down or up anywhere? Why fire it into the atomesphere anyway? Why even have rockets when this gravity-defying thing can enter and leave atomsphere anyway? Why not have astraeus bring up constructed orbitals, minus the splash of rockets into the ground afterwards?

I know a lot of what I mentioned changed, but not the actual floating nonsense of the astraeus itself.
  7. camycamera

camycamera Member

found an orbital fabber bug, two actually

i spammed a lot of them while testing to help build an advanced radar satalite, it was building then the fabber's green stuff weren't hitting the satalite, making it not build at all.

also i accidently found a crash bug when i tried to move fabbers around but accidently clicked on a teleporter on the surface, crashing the match/ causing the match to "loose connection" (crash).

so don't try and order orbital fabbers to go into teleporters lol
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  8. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

An orbital fabber costs twice as much, so actually while that is an option, it isn't as quick.

Ooh I encountered that bug lol. Thought it was the weirdest thing ever.
  9. Arachnis

I still somehow dislike the fact, that you have to use orbital fabs to build an orbital fighter.
  10. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

I imagine this is a stop-gap, as an Orbital Factory has been mentioned in the data files for some time now. My guess is the factory would be built by the fabber, and would in turn build the fighters.
  11. Arachnis

I see, this makes sense.

But with an orbital factory coming, and possibly other structure-like units for the orbital layer, we'd really need some kind of change to the UI to be able to tell orbital and the other layers better apart imo.
  12. Slamz

Slamz Well-Known Member

Anyone else seeing waaaay more lag in this build? Like extreme amounts of it relative to last build. Dunno if it's due to more units, area commands or what but in late T2 the game starts to become unplayable. Not frames-per-second lag but large delays in server response and jumpy updates.

Talking about 5-way FFA on scale 4 planets or so.
    Last edited: January 17, 2014
  13. Dementiurge

Dementiurge Post Master General

Probably just because so many people are playing it right now. Imagine if 40-player games were still possible....
  14. kryovow

kryovow Well-Known Member

hm as bombers get even cheaper, I think the Commander will even more often fall to a bomber snipe... Of course fighters are also cheaper, but that wont change the fact, that you can build big armies of bombers faster, giving the enemy less time to react.
  15. Caricifus

Caricifus Member

Just found a new bug, posted it into the Bug tracker:
    FS#2952 - Anti Nuke Failure
    Hello!

Just played a game on a two planet system. This happened at 1:00AM (GMT-6) if that will help with a possible replay recovery. My compatriot and I were getting rocked and went to the other planet. On the other planet we expanded quite well. I had two anti nukes up and was building merrily. Along came an enemy nuke at around 29 minutes in. It landed not 10 feet away from my anti nuke (and my commander) and my antinuke just watched it happen.

I was aghast and agog, but sure it wouldnt happen again. I walked my commander over to my other anti nuke to have him help build its second missile. Then another enemy nuke came at around 34 mins. This nuke waltzed right past my anti nuke and killed me...

What is up with these super powered interplanetary nukes? Please help!
  16. MCXplode

MCXplode Active Member

Antinuke launcher cost has now changed to 21780 -- don't know if this was intended but nukes launchers would have total dominance over antinuking, shifting the balance just a tiny bit:oops:
  17. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

That happened in the last patch already. It is like this because the antinuke has a preloaded antinuke in it.
  18. MCXplode

MCXplode Active Member

no more construction sub with lower energy usage? and navel fabbers really slow moving
  19. piquedram

piquedram New Member

awesome! Can't wait to test! :D
  20. carnilion

carnilion Member

very nice build! teleporters make a huge difference in interplanetary transport. but had a few problems allready names by others too :
    1. new land vehicle units didnt shoot. not the t1 and not the t2 ones
    2. adv radar satelite is now nearly useless. its visible range is way to small. it is good it doesn't cover the whole planet anymore since that was too op, but it should cover up an area maybe like the t1 ground radar at least, so if you manage to conquer the orbital space over the enemy base you can mostly see his whole base and not only this ridiculus small spot.
    3. i had a bug where i couldnt get the strategic icon for the enemy commander (big surprise when game endet because i fired a nuke to his base and didnt see his com was there)