Beta Build: 59607

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, January 16, 2014.

1. liltbrockie

liltbrockie Active Member

Yeah my infernos do not do anything to buildings.. not sure about units
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  2. ooshr32

ooshr32 Active Member

Not so. Orbital fabbers are interplanetary and can build gates.
  3. doud

doud Well-Known Member

The new T1 tank is even not firing :(
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  4. Xagar

Xagar Active Member

Area patrol for my bots didn't seem to work at all, also parts of hotbuild seem to be broken by this patch.
  5. roflcopter9000

roflcopter9000 New Member

So many new things! It just keeps getting better and better! :cool: Thank you guys for all the work you are putting in, I've been looking at the forums all week and watching the play tests as well. GREAT JOB! :D
  6. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Probably best to disable all mods until they've been updated for this build.
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  7. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

yeah area patrol for my tanks did not work either.
    Hotbuild1 keeps working though. I think all my mods either keep working or I fixed them already.

The new balance is really new. I only played one game vs the AI, but I think I can tell this will be completely change anything and something is pretty much guaranteed to be imba.
    I mean 25 metal walls. Seriously? They are like a turret hp buff :D
    Also units are so damn cheap now. Gonna spam all day.
  8. Arachnis

Arachnis Well-Known Member

First of all: Most amazing build that I've played, yet.

Now the bugs:
    New vehicles don't autofire. I think they fire when they're told to. Atleast the t2 one.
    No strategic icons for the new units.
    No strategic icons in orbital view.

Everything else is JUST AMAZING, I think. I love the teleporters.
    They made interplanetary combat possible. They changed the game so much.
  9. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

None of those are playable, or I'm an idiot.
  10. ooshr32

ooshr32 Active Member

Is Inf. Repeat build in for factories?
  11. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Yes.
    ooshr32 likes this.
  12. brandonpotter

brandonpotter Well-Known Member

Everyone is awesome <3

Only real issue I had in my first game with the teleporters, was that the Commader kept' glitching' after leaving a teleporter, and repeatedly walked off the ramp. When he was finished, he would warp back to the gate, and walk down the ramp again. This was coninuous, and I couldnt use the commander for the rest of the game...

Love how the Teleporters shorten interplanetary travel :3
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  13. Dementiurge

Dementiurge Post Master General

Many strings have been updated for localization. It probably won't affect mods, but it gives a compelling reason to update them.

I also smell a potential translation project coming.
  14. shredder5

shredder5 New Member

Confirmed here: Infernos and Vanguards don't seem to do damage. Otherwise there's a lot to be happy about with this build - teleporters and T1 orbital seem to make a big difference to the perceived speed of the game, and gunships and T2 anti-air are both welcome additions
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  15. forrestthewoods

forrestthewoods Uber Alumni

If anyone gets this bug this is what you can give to me to help fix it.

1) The system editor settings for the planet the bug occurred on. (example below)
    2) A screenshot clearly demonstrating where on the planet the teleporter and stuck unit are.

The bug seems to only happen with commanders and it only happens in certain circumstances. We thought it was fixed but unfortunately that does not seem to be the case. :(

Anyone who provides information leading to a successful repro on my dev machine will be awarded one billion imaginary and non-redeemable internet points.

If you do encounter this bug you can destroy and reclaim your teleporter and it should fix your commander. Not an ideal solution but it should get him unstuck until a real fix can be implemented.

Example System Editor Settings
    Earth:
    Seed: 6339
    Radius: 800
    Height Range: 42
    Biome Scale: 92
    WaterHeight: 39
    Temperature: 49
    Last edited: January 17, 2014
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  16. torrent888

torrent888 New Member

I seem to have another bug, too.
    The orbital radars are not working at all. Both of them. Especially noticable with the Adv. one.
    I can confirm a few other stuff ppl here noticed, like new units only firing when they touch the enemy, but don't do any damage at all.
    Yeah, but anyway, the orbital radars... has anyone else got this bug or is it just me?
  17. eukanuba

eukanuba Well-Known Member

OK, after having stayed up past my bedtime to play a game, these are my observations:

1) I will be tired at work tomorrow. I have a new job too so this is not ideal.
    2) Flak possibly too powerful? T2 bombers now appear useless.
    3) Building stuff in orbit is fiddly as hell and quite frustrating.
    4) Orbital now seems much less intuitive, but this may just be because it's new. The main issue is definitely #3 though, it's hard enough to ID and select orbital units as it is, having to then queue up build orders in the air is super fiddly and imprecise.
    5) Radar sat nerfs - as far as I can tell the adv. radar sat now gives a small amount of vision (comparable to the Novax in SupCom FA), and displays everything else as blips. Combined with the new fiddliness of assembling an orbital fleet this makes finding enemies on other planets very hard, and not in a fun way.
    6) Teleporter is incredibly good fun. In the game I just played an asteroid was used on the main planet by my opponents, so I had a tricky job rebuilding all my power on another planet. A second asteroid was prepared by me for Halley use, and by using the teleporters it was very easy to shift units around across the three remaining bodies and also to evacaute the asteroid when I decided to fire it. An excellent unit that really adds to the feel of playing an interplanetary game of cat and mouse.
    7) Other new units - all seem welcome, no issues to report. Of course thanks to Uber for fleshing out the unit roster a bit.

So my conclusion after one game is that maybe the radar sat was better as it was before, and orbital construction needs some serious revision to make it user-friendly. If there was factory-style build list you could access for orbital and then select the number of fabbers to use on a given project this would make it much easier to manage, but it would be a bit of a departure from the usual feel of TA-style games, and that might not be a good thing. It might end up feeling a bit like The Settlers without having the usual direct control over your units. Anyway, just a first-pass suggestion. :)

PS. The craters left by asteroids are splendid.
  18. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

You left click (select) the first gate and then right click the second one. It worked for me on my first try. Of course it got blown up before I could use it, but hey.
  19. arm2thecore

arm2thecore Active Member

Wow. Just, wow. Very impressed with the professionals that you are, Uber!

Coming along SO nicely.
  20. Planktum

Planktum Post Master General

I'm going off topic but... Piranha Games could learn at lot from Uberent! I still can't believe that one of my favourite game franchises (Mechwarrior) has been ruined by a bunch of incompetent developers.