Beta Build: 58678

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, December 18, 2013.

1. SXX

SXX Post Master General

There is damn good reason: Uber want to provide functionality which actually works and not that's partially broken. E.g they only implemented this feature and it's still have bugs and require more work on it.

When they make basic functionality done they'll able to get more options.

PS: Also don't forget that implementation of such things on real 3D maps is way harder than on height map game like Spring.
    cola_colin likes this.
  2. Slamz

Slamz Well-Known Member

Why is that stupid?

If anti-nukes had 4x their current range and 1/4th their current cost, I would still build nukes. The ability to destroy your incoming attack or your encroaching fabricators or your new startup on the moon or just the idea that I can bomb enough of your anti-nukes to open the way for my nukes would still mean nukes are entirely worth building.

I could still build 6 of them and blast some corner of your base off the map, opening the door to my Levelers to come in that way.

They're just so powerful and useful that I think you'd have a hard time accidentally balancing too heavily against them.
  3. zack1028

zack1028 Member

I think that this talk of nukes needs to be somewhere else not in this thread..... This thread is supposed to be about the new build, not "How anti nukes and nukes need to be balanced"......

As far as the dev's have said... they are going to balance the anti nukes and nukes later.... but for right now they're working on game play, bugs, new building and new units...... Not balancing the game..... Why, well for all we could know they could release a unit or building that changes the balance of the anti nuke or the nukes itself.......

They were gracious enough to balance it out a little!!!!!

Don't waste time complaining about something that's unchangeable as of right now.....:D
  4. zweistein000

zweistein000 Post Master General

Time for my feedback: I have just played an 30 minute troll game vs AI while killing time. I have played on my Sol inner planets map which has 4 planets and 3 moons (7 bodies ranging from 75-almost 1200 radius). I must give huge kudos to the performance team! This system used to run on 15 FPS on my computer, but I now get relatively good FPS (the load time is huge still, but it's 7 planets!). Also I love the new area commands but they do not work properly in water since they are drawn along the bottom of the sea rather than the surface. The new orbital and deep space radar looks sexy, no arguments there, the notification system is nice but now I have nowhere to put my Commander HP UI (which is a mod anyway). Another thing that sometimes happens and is annoying is that the circle of area commands sticks to the mouse wont disappear until you make another command. All in all it was a nice patch, looking forward to playing on lava planets after a long time :D
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  5. dragonzdoom

dragonzdoom Member

I get the terrible Windows message pa.exe has stopped working, and then it is closed.
  6. SXX

SXX Post Master General

When exactly it's happen? On startup or in menu or in-game? Do you use Steam or Uber launcher? Is you using your desktop with AMD HD69XX?

If possible open this directory:
    C:\Users\YOUR_WINDOWS_USERNAME\AppData\Local\Uber Entertainment\Planetary Annihilation\log\
    And upload your log files here.
  7. dragonzdoom

dragonzdoom Member

It starts ok, I end up clicking to play against the AI, click Publish. it goes to the next screen I place myself in the game, wait a little and then it comes up with that message. I am using HD 6950.
    Last edited: December 18, 2013
  8. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Is that happen every time on any system? Did you tried to load some other system?

I find your old DxDiag, but still need to be sure that you're running game on same desktop.
  9. dragonzdoom

dragonzdoom Member

The first time it happen as soon as I clicked Publish. And it happen also when I tried to enter my game already in progress. I thought restarting the computer may fix the problem, after that it done it the way I explained. This is a new DxDiag file. The old one is only online here.

Looks very busy, I will play another game and come back later.

Attached Files:

Last edited: December 18, 2013
  10. acetylene7

acetylene7 Member

This notification system is looking good, I sadly haven't had a chance to test it yet. Will there be any sort of notification list you can scroll through? It would be cool if you could designate part of a screen / a whole screen with a list of notifications. Smartphones already have a very good model for these that would translate well to PA in my opinion.
  11. ooshr32

ooshr32 Active Member

Update your drivers.
  12. kznv

kznv New Member

Ok, I'm installing my card's latest drivers... curiously enough, the Nvidia 650M is not listed in DXDiag as the main video card... also, the game now crashes on the first TOS screen.... :( anyway, updating drivers and directX to see if that works...

Attached Files:

13. SXX

SXX Post Master General

First I recommend you to update drivers for Intel HD4000 as well:
    https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23405

Then check this video how-to:

And configure your drivers to run PA.exe on high performance Nvidia graphics card. If you running game from Steam you need this executable:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Planetary Annihilation\bin_x64\PA.exe
  14. kznv

kznv New Member

Thanks ! It's working now :D

Now the only problem is I get disconnected every now and then after some 30 minutes playing... must my ISP...