Beta Build: 58678

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, December 18, 2013.

1. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

You would have paid it anyway. So what's the problem other then that they: "suck balls."
  2. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

Forget the exact build power of the silo as I never build them, but doesn't this make the Anti nuke much slower to build as you are losing the build power of the anti nuke "factory". I know the just throw more fabbers on it argument but making a bad unit worse doesn't seem to be good for the balance side of the game.
  3. Infrabasse

Infrabasse Active Member

The launcher will probably end up having a selection of missile types to choose from, so no. Although that may come with an advanced launcher.
  4. beer4blood

beer4blood Active Member

I think you guys are wrong on the anti.... its still cheaper by a good deal, and now if you forget to que up you at least have some protection.....

Special buttons for new commands????
  5. Clopse

Hasn't it already been stated several times in this thread that the price is the same as before. Unless raeven is wrong.......LOL. :p

The new reminders when the silo is built will help with you forgetting either way.
  6. Infrabasse

Infrabasse Active Member

Nuke def has a build rate of 36, and advanced bot 30, not much difference considering you'll probably be building the silo with more than 1 bot. Energy consumption however is 56.2 per metal vs 100 per metal for a T2 bot, so you'll just need more power. The gain in micro is great though and I don't feel like the nukes are OP anymore. Anti nuke now has a decent range and it can shield a large amount of key structures. So build compact bases and use anti nuke or spread your **** around and don't use anti.
    Not much difference. I don't see how the nuke def is now worse,
    beer4blood likes this.
  7. Clopse

So you need extra fabbers, so now it costs more?
    Quitch likes this.
  8. Infrabasse

Infrabasse Active Member

Oh come on. You don't build a bot to build an anti nuke and then delete the bot once you're done.
    But yes it does cost more power assuming you used to wait 8 minutes to let the silo build the missile on its own.
    Last edited: December 18, 2013
  9. beer4blood

beer4blood Active Member

I was agreeing.... disagreeing with those who think the included missile at the same cost, is a step in the wrong decision.

I was asking what the New controls are so I can be ready when I get home...... I'm assuming, shift, click and drag???? How does one switch between line, and area build????

Thanks in advance, this will save me a game vs ai ;)
  10. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

Just click and drag. Different units are set with their own behavior (line or circle), and can't be changed in-game.
    beer4blood likes this.
  11. Martenus

Martenus Well-Known Member

I don't know where to post a bug, but I tested the new desert planets and units often got stuck in the rock formations. The pathfinding in these areas is quite bad.

Also, two of my air factories after finishing a production of a plane got "stuck". The planes were stuck in like "undocking" the factory, they couldn't be moved, I had to destroy them.

Also, sometimes I got the area command blue circle stuck to my mouse for some times. I gave an order to some units, and whener I selected them after again the circle would appear under my cursor, it was not giving more area commands to the units, just the blue circle graphics were stuck to my cursor.
  12. Infrabasse

Infrabasse Active Member

Probably linked to the same and still existing bug where sometimes whatever building you just queued up gets stuck on your cursor. Even stays stuck once you select a different unit. Building another one or something else fixes that, but still a bug.
  13. vackillers

vackillers Well-Known Member

I guess it must be me.... I still think the lava planets look terribly poor.. the coloring is just way too much orange or too much red, or not enough yellow! the colour just looks completely off!
  14. LavaSnake

LavaSnake Post Master General

Really, I thought it had a nice "hot" look and the red rocks matched well with the lava lakes.
  15. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Isn't that enough?
  16. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

Well. At least it's a known bug.

Thanks for the hard work guys!
  17. zack1028

zack1028 Member

Raevn; got some pictures of the New Deep-space radar for you to add....

Open:
    Screenshot resize (2).png

Closed:
    Screenshot closed resized.38.35 (2).png

Hope they work!!!!
    Raevn, LavaSnake and Quitch like this.
  18. Infrabasse

Infrabasse Active Member

If you dislike them so much then don't build them and build nuke instead. You can't expect to defend all of your stuff with anti nukes, if you're planning to be safe from nukes, build compact around anti nukes, especially your power. Your factories can be brought back up in no time if you have the eco to support it.

What I do dislike though is the IP nuke often has to fly over the surface half way around the map to reach its target making it unpredictably vulnerable to pretty much any random anti nuke on the planet.
  19. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

That's stupid. Argue from a balance perspective or save your breath, unless you think I enjoy not using the full roster. Which would also be stupid.
  20. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General