Beta Build: 57703

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, November 27, 2013.

1. supremeoverlord

supremeoverlord Member

I thought so to for this patch to but yet again another disappointment from Uber.:(
  2. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

That's not fair. It was the community who decided a big update meant new features or unit types. Uber never said so or implied as much.
    corteks, carn1x and drz1 like this.
  3. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

in fact garat said _bigger_ update. Not big update. It was a community made thread that transformed the word into big, implying funny things.
    Quitch likes this.
  4. ace63

ace63 Post Master General

Seriously? People feeling entitled again and are disappointed because they did not get what they wanted RIGHT NOW?
    Some people are funny...
    ZobiOneKenobi, carn1x and drz1 like this.
  5. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Stuff happens. I did this at first, and honestly I felt bad for them when I realized what happened, not angry just sorry I let hype get all built up over a false thought. It makes one think about things before overreacting.
    lokiCML likes this.
  6. popededi

popededi Well-Known Member

I was just saying in another thread, that the last live stream gave great insights into the design philosophies and priorities of the dev team, and it strengthened my suspicion that the whole december release thing is nothing but an estimate made in the early planning process. I'm quite happy now with this, as I'm quite sure that PA will only be released when it's done.

This makes me less impatient and speculative regarding the beta updates, as I won't be expecting the game to suddenly jump into a finished state with 40 more units and proper galactic war and perfect balance between two betas in the next 3 weeks. So less jumping to conclusions from minimal info, a bit more proper beta testing from here on.
    Quitch and lokiCML like this.
  7. supremeoverlord

supremeoverlord Member

If you really look at it uber only has less than a month to finish the game. You don't have to talk for me. Did I say i wanted something RiGhT NoW NO? I BID YOU GOOD DAY
    Stormie likes this.
  8. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Saying you are disappointed says you wanted/expected it with the build just released. As cola_colin said above though, this was never promised or claimed by Uber.
  9. Stormie

Stormie Active Member

Thats the problem. they have already said theyll release it when its ready, the december specification was an arbitrary selection. unless the game is finished in December (somewhat unlikely) they will not AND ARE NOT OBLIGATED to release.
  10. Arachnis

Arachnis Well-Known Member

I'm glad that we have more even spawns now,
    but the problem is that it's possible to guess where people have spawned now by looking for those 5 metal-spot formations.
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  11. popededi

popededi Well-Known Member

Can I like this twice?

Yup, I think our objective for the next couple days is to hammer this revelation home in the heads of most forum members.
  12. supremeoverlord

supremeoverlord Member

I don't care if they take 20 years to make a game. Don't reply to this.
  13. supremeoverlord

supremeoverlord Member

OMFG
  14. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

Frankly, once the bugs are clear the game WILL be ready to be released.

It just won't have fancy gadgets.
  15. kryovow

kryovow Well-Known Member

I feel like with this patch bombers are even worse than before, yet I see the potential of carpet bombing. Maybe the attack command on bombers should be like drawing a line on the ground. The bomber then flies over this line and drops his load? (at least for manual attack commands this might work good, its like air strikes in Company of heroes for example)

Pathfinding of ships is horrible, i had a game on a 80% ocean planet yesterday, it was really annoying xD and why cant we build holtkins and nukes on water? holtkins would be the only good defense tower vs adv. ships right now.

Other than that, the patch really feels nice. although, when I get higher than 1000 units it starts to lag. Had an army of 600 tanks moving together that was great, but laggy^^
  16. Nullimus

Nullimus Well-Known Member

Artillery should not be able to target subs. I think this will get rolled back or be special cased for the commander only.
  17. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

Artillery shouldn't be seeing subs, and if they can then why not?
  18. AyanZo

AyanZo Active Member

no more glitched metal? that's good, I wonder if the 'cant built adv mex atop basic mex for some sea mex' is still present.
    Last edited: November 30, 2013
  19. ace63

ace63 Post Master General

I hope all these units targeting the sea floor is just a temporary thing until more counters for submerged units are in place. Lets hope for torpedo bombers :)
  20. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Targeting and being able to hit are two different things. Also be aware that as soon as something enters the water (but isn't submerged yet) is counted as on the sea floor.