Beta Build: 56821

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, November 12, 2013.

1. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

I agree that when the terrestrial stuff is basically invisible (=no icons on orbital zoom level) they should not be able to receive any commands at all. Even if you already have them selected. Giving commands while blind is bad.
  2. pieman2906

pieman2906 Well-Known Member

It would also make box selecting orbitals a lot less... hazardous.
  3. Slamz

Slamz Well-Known Member

I feel like "Orbital Layer" should be a toggle with a button on the UI and a hotkey. Maybe a 3-position button:
    Orbital only
    Terrestrial only
    Both

Although really just "Orbital Only" and "Both" is probably sufficient. Orbital rarely gets in the way. It's usually finding my orbital stuff that's hard. Finding tanks is easy.

I also would like to see:
    * THE NAME OF THE PLANET I AM CURRENTLY LOOKING AT (and maybe a designation like "4-2" meaning the 2nd moon of the 4th planet....for systems where people name every object "New Planet")
    * The whereabouts of my crap in space. Maybe with an ETA.

I had a terrible time with a game last night trying to figure out what was going where or which of the 4 identical moons I was even looking at short of zooming out to the system level and clicking on them name by name.

Maybe there should be a "destination reached" sound for orbitals that have reached a new planet, too. I hate having to just keep checking back ("are we there yet??").
    stuart98 likes this.
  4. Slamz

Slamz Well-Known Member

New bug! (?)

Team game, 2 per team, 2 teams. We were discussing where to start when the game suddenly started. I hadn't picked a landing spot yet. The game started and I just plain ol' did not get a commander. I was still on the team and could control "our" stuff but only my teammate's commander appeared.
  5. masterdigital

masterdigital Uber Alumni

I agree on all counts. However, we currently focused on bug fixing and stablity. I expect to start on new UI features Monday.
    Arachnis and stormingkiwi like this.
  6. elitedanzel

elitedanzel Active Member

Yeah, looks like if you don't place your commander and hit ready, you get none.
  7. eukanuba

eukanuba Well-Known Member

Yep, this happened to me too.
  8. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

It's always started the game automatically as far as I recall, or is the fact that your commander not deployed the new bug?
  9. eukanuba

eukanuba Well-Known Member

Yeah, I started a team game, was busy sending a message to my team-mates, and when the game started automatically I had no commander.
  10. Slamz

Slamz Well-Known Member

I think what changed is that they greatly lowered the time it waits before auto-deploying. I don't think I've ever run out of time before.

BUT, previously at least, when someone was disconnected at the start, it would always drop their commander on "A".
    Quitch likes this.
  11. Arachnis

Arachnis Well-Known Member

Found two bugs in this build: Holkins doesn't target ships (I think that is a bug) and Umbrella doesn't shoot at all.

Edit: wrong thread :D
    Last edited: November 15, 2013