Beta Build: 56821

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, November 12, 2013.

1. Nayzablade

Nayzablade Active Member

Woot, nice Raevn! Aussie here as well :) Also, nice patch, hehe
  2. dragonzdoom

dragonzdoom Member

Last edited: November 13, 2013
  3. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Was a change made to vehicle fabbers? I thought they used to spend differently than bot fabbers, but when I checked the stats on both unit types building an energy facility it was 10 metal and 1000 energy for both of them.
  4. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

They always were the same.
  5. Quitch

Well shut my mouth!
  6. azuna1

azuna1 New Member

Well that is new just a few config but tons of empty games :D more games than players actualy[​IMG]
  7. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Is it intended that the orbital layer only is shown when I have my commander selected? xD
  8. Quitch

Those HDR striped shadows are back, I'm sure they were gone in the previous build. AMD GPU here.
  9. sulphuraeon

sulphuraeon New Member

Wow. What a nice build. I haven't really played in a while. But this build is just awesome. Performance is great, it looks great. Feels so much more like a nearly finished game. Thank you, Uber. You guys rock.

One suggestion: Could you make something like a lock to the orbital layer when an orbital unit is selected? I find it a little bit difficult to distinguish the orbital units from ground units.
    corteks likes this.
  10. Arachnis

Arachnis Well-Known Member

Really great job with the performance, guys.
  11. masterdigital

masterdigital Uber Alumni

There is an option to hide non-orbital (aka Terrestrial) unit icons when you zoom out to the point where the orbital shell would appear. Try changing the UI setting: Show Terrestrial -> Range Dependent.

We are still working out how to handle to the orbital layer. So suggestions are welcome. Actually, making the terrestrial unit filtering tied directly to the orbital shell is a good idea.
    thetrophysystem and corteks like this.
  12. warrenkc

warrenkc Active Member

But what if you need to target something on the ground with an orbital unit?
  13. mushroomars

mushroomars Well-Known Member

*flaps arms* make orbital use the same mechanics as planets! It would be fun! And there's already support for it!
    cwarner7264 likes this.
  14. maxpowerz

maxpowerz Post Master General

zoom out select unit, zoom in, attack
  15. Ortikon

Ortikon Active Member

Mouse with free spin middle button is perfect for these kind of games.
  16. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

That would have been my suggestion. I wouldn't even mind if you only saw the orbital shell if zoomed out to it. It wouldn't be the best way, but it would basically render it as a view between single-planet and star-system maps.

Planet view, zoom out far enough you see orbital shell view, zoom out far enough you see star system map. add a button to switch quickly.

Honestly, the best idea would be some ingenious testing of when you need to see it or not, and having it automatically show it and/or automatically zoom you to or from it when you select/deselect something based on what it does. Difficult though.
  17. masterdigital

masterdigital Uber Alumni

So I only hide icon of the terrestrial units (and this behavior is optional and disabled by default). You can still target terrestrial units if the icon is hidden (you don't have to zoom in).
    Last edited: November 14, 2013
    maxpowerz likes this.
  18. zweistein000

zweistein000 Post Master General

Yes and to me this is kinda annoying as my brain always defaults to: I can't see the icon therefore I can't select it. The Result of with can be as big as me sending half of my army into enemy turrets because I have selected it while trying o only select my satellites.
  19. kryovow

kryovow Well-Known Member

that behaviour actually is counter-intuitive. Agree with zweistein here
  20. Dementiurge

Dementiurge Post Master General

Clicking somewhere on the orbital layer to move a satellite, only to find that you clicked on a unit on the terrestrial layer which corresponds to a drastically different location on the orbital layer, could also be counter-intuitive.