Beta Build: 56821

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, November 12, 2013.

1. Sorian

Sorian Official PA

I am waiting for the build task to be updated to reclaim before building. After that goes in then the AI will be updated to ignore wrecks that are in the way of building.
    stormingkiwi and thetrophysystem like this.
  2. burntcustard

burntcustard Post Master General

Aaaaaaand bot micro is back. It seems like the target leading was at least nearly removed? Any ETA on when it might be put back in? Was it just removed because of the standing-still-units-not-getting-hit bug?
  3. Slamz

Slamz Well-Known Member

wat.

I'll try right clicking but ctrl-clicking to selectively add and remove things from a list is industry standard. I knew it would work in PA the first time I played without even looking at keyboard shortcuts. Tell these "some ppl" to name one other program that de-selects individual items from a list with right-click. Also, tell them I, Slamz, hate them and my people declare war on their people.
  4. Vernam7

Vernam7 Member

weird, there is no longer a button in the ui to create a game!???o_O:confused:

and the small but really annoying bug remains when you click the B to watch the video, then before end close the window with the video, the entire game freezes.:mad:

this was confirmed by many and my specs are in my sign.
  5. WindNinja

WindNinja New Member

Does anyone else see a ton of games of type 'Config' in the ubernet lobby? I searched around but couldn't find any reports of this.[​IMG]
    yoshd likes this.
  6. selfavenger

selfavenger Active Member

Loving the new build. Issue with the green starting zones is gone and the HDR feels alot more subtle. The dark side of planets looks really cool

Cheers Uber dudes.

-Todd
  7. popededi

popededi Well-Known Member

Love the new orbital fighter model.

Thanks for the update, I'm gonna go check out what evil deeds the AI is committing this time around.
  8. superouman

superouman Post Master General

I always got the same problem, i can't move it with wasd and arrow keys. I only used debug camera which i thought was the normal freecam.
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  9. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

This build was horrible
    ... for PA Stats at least. So many things in the ui changed. Took me over 4 hours to fix it all.

A few nice clean ups in the code though. I like it :)
  10. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

I had almost burned you at the stakes for blasphemy. What ever am I to do with all this kerosene I liberated for such a task?

I suppose a fire without a heratic could still be an enjoyable bonfire to camp beside nonetheless...
  11. cola_colin

You could fuel your rocket engines to move asteroids with it I guess.
  12. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

Break out the marshmallows!
  13. cola_colin

I wonder how they would taste when you roast them above burning kerosene.
    websterx01 and Raevn like this.
  14. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

The AI appears to use different commander models now. Also its mobile AA spam has been fixed I think.
  15. SXX

SXX Post Master General

You mean it's completely disable on all GPUs, or only on AMD?

If it's only on AMD how can I bypass this check? :oops:
    Open drivers don't have bunch of bugs AMD drivers have.
  16. carn1x

carn1x Active Member

I'm seeing this too, however I'm also seeing plenty of standing-still-units-not-getting-hit bug as well so I don't think one was sacrificed for the other.
  17. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

Have gotten the bugs carnx1 mentions too. Factories forgot their queues and pathing not 100% with the new craters. Howeve the planets look real nice and performance seems quicker.
  18. bgolus

bgolus Uber Alumni

Most of the FX were done prior to HDR existing so there wasn't even the ability to define HDR brightness. The rocket trail on the nukes and orbital missiles is the only effect to get setup to work with HDR. Ironically it was still done before HDR was implemented but it works fairly well. I need to do a quick pass to fix a number of the obvious issues with effects post HDR.
    ace63 likes this.
  19. mabdeno

mabdeno Active Member

Not too sure on the new craters. Sometimes bots move through them, other times they just dance around on the edge or go follow the exact contour of the crater around the edge. Oh and sometimes they get stuck trying to get out.

Another thing I noticed is I could hear my tanks firing when I zoomed in on the other planet at the exact same co ordinates as where the tanks are on the home planet. (thanks orbital layer for allowing me to determine that.)
  20. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

1) I agree... I didn't know the exact application, clearly. It's helpful in some situations. Particularly if both players have similar colours.

I guess you could make it customisable? Team colours could be set to your preference (to always be white vs black etc,)

I don't know - I like seeing all my enemies as one colour, regardless of where they came from. Potentially confusing if they are duking it out I guess. But I prefer the non-rainbow effect.

Also on the subject of the UI - there is an issue with show unit icons - for me it always makes your selected units cyan. It's great. Unless your opponent is cyan.

2) ...Right... Shift clicking to add to selection, ctrl clicking to remove from selection is widespread across the genre. Like another user says, it's intuitive. You do all your unit selection with left click, you allocate orders with right click.

Do you deselect units by right clicking individual units? because that's counter-intuitive - that's the way you give the order to assist another unit.

It's not a biggy, I can get used to it.

3) Thanks... it is now allowing me to move position with the arrow keys... but height still doesn't work. (Default mapping was r and f wasn't it? I can't see the option in the settings any more)

This has always been an issue. Also in previous builds if you change planets and select all idle fabbers, or select your commander, it zooms in on his position on the planet you are looking at, not the planet they are located on. Likewise for selection groups.
    Last edited: November 13, 2013