Beta Build: 56310 / 56387

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, November 2, 2013.

1. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Yeah I noticed that as well. It's not as bad as a few patches ago, but it still happens sometimes that I zoom out "too much" and suddenly all icons are gone and I am blind.
    But the possibility to show the icons always on lower zoomlevels is pretty awesome.
  2. leoslav

leoslav New Member

I tried 2 games against the AI after the new update. I'm playing on a MacBook Pro 2012 15" with retina display, running on OSX 10.8.4.

HDR still not working but AA was working.
    I had no strategic icons whatsoever at any zoom level.
    Impossible to display the green dots for metal zones.
    Still no full screen.
    I couldn't see the building queues while pressing shift.
    The second game didn't have AI at all. I searched everywhere but they weren't there on any planets.

On another note, I can't seem to have the same nice graphics that I see on every snapshots...

EDIT: So it seems that disabling cinematic fixed the green dots and the queues.
    Last edited: November 3, 2013
  3. masterdigital

masterdigital Uber Alumni

There is a bug with the s.icons ( they disappear at orbital zoom levels). I have already fixed it, so it will be gone in the next patch (which will probably happen Mon/Tues).
  4. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

THANK GOODNESS. Thanks a lot for the ETA as well ^^
  5. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Will this patch add in all of that legit stuff that you were working on as well?
  6. Ortikon

Ortikon Active Member

i think i already said this earlier in this thread, but again, that AI has improved so much in this build. Had a great game on a moon. I find making waterless maps with the current AI is the way to go for now. It has a better time figuring out the pathing etc. I set up a game against 2. One of them was completely aweful and the other AI destroyed him immediately (purging the lesser ai for the glory of the supreme ai conglomerate apparently). The rest of the game I was forced into an intense defensive stance. Whenever I had managed to make a section of my perimeter impenetrable, he would begin sending forces through the weekest hole in my defense. This happened about 3 times at about 10-15 minutes per change of strategy. Eventually i drove my forces in and crushed him, his base wasnt all that tough with some careful planning. Still a very fun and active game. I was always moving and having to jump around to keep the base sealed in.
  7. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

I didn't have very many problems that weren't obviously caused by computer stress with this game. So i notice only slightly less drops, but hear that some who experienced constant terminations see much less, right?

This is the difficult stuff, making the game function right. If it takes them a month to get it to play a game reliably, it would take them less than the month after to add units and ui and game lobby things.

Most other modders have made very good uis when all put together into one, so for the devs to do it would be possible in a day of work. This is why i don't sweat it, if they didn't have it the day before release they could squeeze it in by launch. As long as the game works better and better.

Also, a whole lot of us play vs ai heavily, I'm surprised with its priority that it functions so well at this stage...
  8. mrmaximo

mrmaximo Member

so when will Orbital get its big update?
  9. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

When we have an update. :)
    Corang likes this.
  10. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Build 56387

Changes
    • Resolution scaling values renamed (see above post by meloditude)
    Bug Fixes
    • FS#195 - Pressing Backspace in game (to terminate/destroy) a friendly unit causes me to be kicked
    Last edited: November 5, 2013
    Schulti, thetrophysystem and Clopse like this.
  11. superouman

superouman Post Master General

What happens when you delete your comm to end the game in a 1v1?
  12. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Exactly what you'd expect to happen :p.
    The title of this bug is a little misleading - the actual issue was if you pressed backspace during the game, you would return to the main menu.
  13. drangus

drangus New Member

Hell yea, trees and rocks show up now on OS X!
  14. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

I havnt seen anybody mention it, but is anybody having problems with vehicle and commander icons not appearing? Stationary units bots and air unit's icons appear.
  15. dragonzdoom

dragonzdoom Member

Thank you for the new patch, what you changed seems to have given the game more stability. I can now play a game for as long as I like, where before, 15 mins or so, it would have a message that the game froze.
  16. whisperr

whisperr Member

I've just played an hour long game against one AI. Well, I won but with nukes (AI didn't build any anti-nukes). Overall it was a great game. AI is getting better and better. It's fantastic! The game played very smoothly with uber settings, FXAA on, HDR on 1920x1200 resolution.