Beta Build: 56310 / 56387

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, November 2, 2013.

1. ZobiOneKenobi

ZobiOneKenobi New Member

Just got a new bug with the update, moon doesn't orbit around their respective planets, everything in the system is orbiting around the sun. Before launching a game, I check my system in the editor, all was ok

I also notice that previewing the planets in the editor is now really fast, 1 or 2 seconds for a small planet/moon, it was 10 or 20 before
  2. nobrains

nobrains Member

Looks like tree imposters gone wrong.
    coldworks likes this.
  3. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

The new feature that turns selected units icons to blue is confusing when you are playing against a blue player :/
  4. coldworks

coldworks New Member

After my second match against AI,
    With the revamped aiming mechanism, I noticed tanks are not as easily overrun by hordes of bots anymore.

The AI has indeed improved, but it's still too dumb to actually bother protecting its commander.
    At the end, it walked right into my tank horde.

I did notice it seemed to handle its bot harassment army with more intelligence.
    At one point, it finished mopping up some of my mexes, and when I sent my commander after them, they altered their course, instead going after some more mexes, and away from certain doom.
    Either this was a coincidence, or really awesome AI work.
  5. shotforce13

shotforce13 Well-Known Member

Yup if they stop nothing but base defences can hit them now, the aim is way off of weapons
  6. gadarn

gadarn New Member

My unit icons are not working making it nearly impossible to manage my base when games get large. Also, none of my queued construction is showing up, nor are pathing. I've tried playing with UI options but it doesn't seem to help.
  7. shotforce13

shotforce13 Well-Known Member

turn off cinematics in the UI tab, that will fix your problem.
    shootall and gadarn like this.
  8. nixtempestas

nixtempestas Post Master General

Hmm, turrets are now kinda worthless. way to let the starcraft nuts boss you around...
  9. Vernam7

Vernam7 Member

recent EA decisions to shutdown victory games and the latest command & conquer game, proves once more why professional teams alone with the help of community and kickstart, like UBER, can produce miracles!

thanks for the patch and your constant work guys.
  10. Telvi

Telvi Member

I like the new update, its awesome when the ki is going to smash the entire planet, but if in the middle of a battle the connection to the server get lost is this realy annoying.

Will there a offline modus if the game is finished?
  11. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Yes, when game finished you'll able to play offline or though LAN.
  12. trracer

trracer New Member

No Nvidia SLI performance fix? I know the game is in beta but it's unplayable for me. Disabling SLI is not really an option.
  13. drangus

drangus New Member

Just played a game, fantastic build, very smooth at max everything (besides HDR and AA, not working yet on my Mac). Can not wait to see the effects in the final for when you smash a moon into a planet, its just so much fun!
  14. bgolus

bgolus Uber Alumni

There's a know bug with the feature LODs ("imposter trees") that sometimes it'll display as the wrong features. Usually it ends up as trees as the wrong trees so it's nearly invisible, and other times it's trees as metal spots and it's really really obvious.
    shootall likes this.
  15. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Do you mean the game is unplayable even with SLI disabled?
  16. bgolus

bgolus Uber Alumni

I believe I have HDR working for Mac now, but it didn't make it into this build. Hopefully the next build should have the updated shaders. FXAA I'll have to look into more but there's a bug right now that sometimes the game ignores the option in settings and doesn't turn it on no matter what that needs to be fixed.
    shootall likes this.
  17. trracer

trracer New Member

No, but I don't want to disable SLI.
  18. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Your decision I guess.
  19. masterdigital

masterdigital Uber Alumni

Cinematic mode should hide all in-world UI elements (strategic icons, focus paths, health bars) unless there is a bug... regardless tooltips for these features will come along shortly.
    bradaz85 likes this.
  20. masterdigital

masterdigital Uber Alumni

Sounds like a client crash. Does it do this every time?