Beta Build: 56310 / 56387

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, November 2, 2013.

1. Sorian

Sorian Official PA

Known issue. Fixed internally.
    shootall and EdWood like this.
  2. greendiamond

greendiamond Active Member

if this was starcarft that wall price increase would have been extremely significant but here that isnt too much of a drastic change especially since most reasonable game play only has a few walls per defensive front. the heealth drop on the other head will be extremely effective at making them more competable
  3. shotforce13

shotforce13 Well-Known Member

:( it broke a couple things in my game. since the patch i have a weird issue with none of my build-able units can hit the AI's dox bots, even my commanders aim is off, they just shoot over top of the dox's heads.

advanced artil tanks cant hit them either there shots are way off too....dont know what happened but i havent had any issues since beta began.......kinda bummed
  4. dragonzdoom

dragonzdoom Member

Hello all,

I may have found a bug. I only signed in entered my Password, and flicked through the Commanders to choose the one I want to play. When I came to the Commander that has 4 legs (sorry don't know Commanders by name as yet), and tried to pass it, the game froze. Windows 7 went into search for problem mode, game closed after that.

Please let me know if you need more info, I can always try to recreate it, to get more info.

Great game, reminds me of Total Annihilation in more ways than one.

DragonzDoom
  5. Tontow

Tontow Active Member

I can haz bandwidth?
  6. Ortikon

Ortikon Active Member

AI is rolling in with tanks like its nobodies business. Getting pwned suddenly and its a good thing.
    thetrophysystem likes this.
  7. maxpowerz

maxpowerz Post Master General

The AI needs to throw a few Anti-Air units into its Bot/Tank assaults.
    If i trap the AI on an Island it doesn't build any units to protect against air raids, it still builds missile towers but with the mad swarm of bot and tank it has trapped on the island none of them are ever Anti-Air, meaning after a 30min match i can swarm the AI commander with say 200ish Air units (mostly bombers) and boom easy win.
    I think if he had more Anti-Air in the mix it would make it much more difficult for me to smash in a massive air raid....
    (Maybe a 4 to 1 ratio might be good, 4 land attacking units, then 1 Anti-Air unit, then repeat build, or have AI scout and assess your air power based on amount of air factory's you have then have it build lots more Anti-Air units)

@uberent,
    If anyone has access to saved matches your end, if you can watch the chrono replay, in my last match today you will see me air rush the AI.. lol
    Last edited: November 2, 2013
  8. Sorian

Sorian Official PA

It does that on my local build.
    thetrophysystem and EdWood like this.
  9. maxpowerz

maxpowerz Post Master General

SWEET :) ;)
  10. kryovow

kryovow Well-Known Member

FA walls only blocked shots of small units and only protected t1 pd effectively.

PA walls block even artillery shots from time to time. this really makes them worthwile even for lots of metal
  11. kryovow

dunno if this is a common bug or a one time thing:

[​IMG]
    stevedaman1228 likes this.
  12. halosas

halosas Member

I like to play with caps lock on so I can see all queued buildings how do I turn back on please.
  13. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

I'm back! just downloaded the latest version and having a look-see. Last build I played was 54631, so there's nearly 2000 builds worth of changes to check out :)
    cwarner7264, SXX, shootall and 5 others like this.
  14. Dementiurge

Dementiurge Post Master General

It happens always. Commanders shoot a little -too- straight, and dox are just small enough for it to matter.
    Quitch likes this.
  15. Dicerbot

Dicerbot New Member

I don't have a modded game but i just had the same problem, on top of that the spawn sites had also disappeared so i couldn't even start the game

my game settings were 2 AI commanders in the AI mode and a scale 4 and a scale 2 generated planet
  16. kryovow

another bug: I found a metal planet XD

Shows incredible amount of metal spots if you zoom out to a certain level, of course you cannot build on them

[​IMG]
  17. arm2thecore

arm2thecore Active Member

Still doesn't work on my Linux box, just freezes after clicking "Accept" on the intro screen. I miss this game...
  18. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

Yeah it looks as though target leading has been implemented, great when the units are moving, but really stupid when targets are still. Hopefully this is fixed soon, as you are been rewarded not to move bunches of dox at the minute.
  19. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

Thank goodness, I have been eagerly awaiting your return so I can actually make a patch update video properly.
    Raevn likes this.
  20. coldworks

coldworks New Member

Great job on the AI, guys, it totally managed to overwhelm me just now.
    Does seem like defenses have been reduced to paper weights though... Made out of wet paper.