Beta Build: 55430 / 55493

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, October 16, 2013.

1. Schulti

Schulti Active Member

Same here with a HD7950.
  2. ghostflux

ghostflux Active Member

Try pressing End and then Home.
  3. eukanuba

eukanuba Well-Known Member

Still not sure I understand entirely. Say my native res is 1920x1080, does that mean that adjusting resolution scaling would mean I could set it to 1440x990 for instance?
  4. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Okay there is task created about black screen with AA: PA#2504
    Post your DxDiag*s in comments, let see if all AMD users have same problem or not.
  5. SXX

SXX Post Master General

As long as I understand - yes, but when I posted it I don't yet seen menu. Currently I have no idea how scaling works at moment because on my Windows laptop -2 result in black screen and freezee and on Linux too. :)

So no idea how it's works atm.
  6. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

If SXX doesnt know, no one knows.
  7. monkeyulize

monkeyulize Active Member

I have a 280x, which is a 7970. Definitely seems like an AMD issue.
  8. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

I know, or at least I am pretty sure I know.
    -2 renders the screen in a lower resultion and scales it up to match the desktop resolution, +3 _probably_ renders a resolution higher than your desktop and scales it down. I am pretty sure about the -2 part, as it is pretty visible when I set it to -2. The difference between +3 and +0 is far lower.
    SXX likes this.
  9. padde1996

padde1996 New Member

I get this everytime I try to play. The screen goes black. But I can see the icons of the units and metal spots.
    What is this.jpg
    Specs:
    CPU: AMD FX-8350 Eight core processor (4GHz)
    GPU: Sapphire Radeon 7850 (2GB)
    RAM: 16GB
  10. Veleiro

Veleiro Member

Can't even launch this new patch on linux. Window pops up and disappears OR launch window remains black

EDIT: Seems to be an issue with Nvidia proprietary drivers 3.19
    Last edited: October 17, 2013
  11. gamerx112

gamerx112 Member

I FINALLY GET MY CHICKEN!!!
  12. carn1x

carn1x Active Member

Getting total black screen now during LZ selection.

1. When I first ran the game after patching, all was fine
    2. then mid game I decided to enable FXAA / HDR
    3. Seemed to enable fine but my commander + mex went invisible (not pgen) and selecting my commander revealed no build buttons even though I could hear his selection.
    4. Exited to main menu, started another game on the same map, this time the primary planet (lava) was all black and white gauss crap, but the other planet (metal) rendered just fine, as did my units.
    5. Exited the game completed and loaded a new game, now everything is black.
    6. Reduce settings to Low/Off across the board and restarted game, everything is black.

Attached Files:

13. furyhunter600

furyhunter600 New Member

Crash log from Windows for the crash reported in these quotes (happened when closing the Tutorial window):
    On NVIDIA hardware all the new settings work, including the render resolution scalar.
  14. lokiCML

lokiCML Post Master General

Black screen, antialiasing is off and HDR is enabled. Takes a few minutes too load.

Attached Files:

15. Arachnis

Arachnis Well-Known Member

Same here, also using Win 7 64-bit.
  16. carn1x

carn1x Active Member

In addition I'd like to note the system editor does not seem to have the black screen problem, I assume it's using the same rendering? I have only tested the system editor with Low/Off settings, after already getting stuck with black screen gameplay. Not able to test system editor with HDR/FXAA currently as I'm now at work.
  17. carn1x

carn1x Active Member

Had a look at the files diff as well, lots of new volcanos on Lava maps, they look awesome, if you're able to get the game to load!
  18. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

One thought, for anyone on AMD.. do you have any global overrides set on your graphics drivers? Things like forcing FSAA, anisotropic filtering, ambient occlusion, anything else?
  19. Arachnis

Arachnis Well-Known Member

I noticed that you really can bypass it by clicking on the beta button. And man, the HDR is looking pretty.
  20. mabono5

mabono5 Member

What an aggressive little AI. I built my anti nukes a litttttttttttle too late - Got toasted with 6 nukes lol.

I had a strange problem though, I could not get rid of the "queue". Had white outlines all over the place and had every single units path continuously on. After I got annihilated I found that I must have accidentally put caps lock on, does it have the same effect as shift in a word processor?

Ta!