Being a serious gamer is a waste of life

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by Undercover_Thudercat, June 6, 2012.

1. infinitycanvas

infinitycanvas Well-Known Member

LOL this guy is a ****.
  2. Undercover_Thudercat

Undercover_Thudercat New Member

3. ZOoo00OOm

ZOoo00OOm New Member

For some reason whenever someone says this, it makes me laugh.
  4. carryableyarn

carryableyarn Active Member

Person nitpicks at statement.
    Tells him to get a life.
    On a forum.
    For video games.
    In which he posts in.
    Hmmmm.
  5. ZOoo00OOm

ZOoo00OOm New Member

LOL! IT'S FUNNY BECAUSE YOU KEEP SAYING HIS GT AND HIS NAME WHILE ALSO SAYING NOT TO GET PERSONAL. I GET IT! LOL!!!!111!!111one!11 XDDDD
  6. HiipFire

HiipFire Active Member

Ha, funny I laughed.
  7. leadlpmaster

leadlpmaster Active Member

Not to be rude, but I'm positive that I better know how to better spend MY free time than you do.

Sig'd.
  8. XENONOX

XENONOX New Member

Is this some sort of bad joke?

Amen.
  9. Undercover_Thudercat

Let me make something clear to you people. I didn't make this thread to stir up trouble. I made this thread because of an issue that I dealt with that others may be dealing with, too. If this doesn't apply to you, and you are happy with where your life is going, then don't post here. Some (most) people can play video games casually and it doesn't interfere with their lives. I get that. I can't. If you can, then don't worry about it.

Now chances are, if you read this thread, and you felt the need to get defensive, then it does apply to you, and you have too much pride to admit it to yourself. Sorry if that's the case. You can either do something about it (make the necessary changes to begin moving your life in the direction you'd like) or go drown out your problems in a world of video games. Won't make a difference to me; I'm just the informant. I know which path I'm taking, though.

http://www.olganon.org/?q=self_tests_on ... _addiction

Read that. If most of those apply to you, chances are, you are a legitimate video game addict. If not, ignore the thread.

Now, as for igotbanned, who I can only assume is one of the #s brothers. Let me clarify something. I was not a douche for no reason. I was a douche in response to this douchey post:

Stupid post. There is nothing to argue about, and you're absolutely right. I have nothing else to say about the subject that hasn't already been said or is just basic common knowledge. Find me one doctor, nutritionist, fitness counselor, personal trainer, or hell, even a ****ing P.E. teacher - somebody with any credibility in this field and see if they say that being unhealthy won't lead to a better quality of life. The fact that you tried to nitpick this fact in the first place - retarded. The fact that you tried to turn it into some kind of intellectual debate? Pathetic (hence - get a life, and the fatass part is derived from the fact that you are literally defending living unhealthy like it's the better option).

That being said, I apologize. I didn't need to return douchefire.

Understand this. If you are one of the #s brothers, in my humble opinion, you DO fit into this category. You are both extremely intelligent people who have much more potential in this world than the majority of people I know in real life. And both of you spend (or have spent) just as much time, effort, money, and thought into video games as I have. Don't limit yourself to mediocrity because you deserve better.

If I'm wrong, and you are happy with your life in every way (health, wealth, love, sex, control over your atmosphere, and comfortable with the near and far future), then ignore this thread; I was wrong about my assumptions and this doesn't apply to you. But it does apply to some, and that is who I am trying to reach out to here.

The last thing I'd like to say is that I'm not saying video games are inherently bad. Entertainment is a human need, as is food, companionship, and the need to reproduce. It's when your mind becomes so obsessed with something that it takes away from those other needs that it becomes a problem.
  10. leadlpmaster

Just because someone's a nicotine addict doesn't mean I should walk up to them and scream in their ears "Your wasting you life away by smoking!" Regardless of how true I feel this to be.

Sarcasm aside, is there honestly something wrong with being a video game addict? I've played anywhere 2 to 6 hours a day sometimes. Some days I feel a little sad that all I really do is play games, other days I spend hours having tons of fun on games, I don't think there's anything wrong with that. And don't get angry or anything either; as a video game addict, it's my job to disagree with someone who criticizes video game addicts.

I'm just nitpicking now but that really is an ugly word. The way it's used makes it sound like you're saying "If you disagree with me then I'm already right and you're wrong." I know you didn't mean it that way but that's probably where some of the hate comes from.

Relax Snarf, people have opinions and they usually don't agree, that's their job.

Life is like a car after all, and not many people tend to like it when you criticize their tires.
  11. Undercover_Thudercat

A nicotine addict realizes that what they are doing is harmful. A video game addict does not. Apples =/= oranges.

And by DEFENSIVE, I mean coming in and posting like somebody has made a personal attack at you.

Is there anything wrong with being a video game addict? You tell me. Are you happy with your life? Are you confident that 10 years from now you won't wake up and wish you'd done other things? If the answer to those two questions are YES, then by all means, do what you are doing. This thread is reaching out to those who are UNHAPPY with they way their life is going, and video games is a direct or indirect result of that.
  12. leadlpmaster

No.

/thread
  13. thetrollingking

thetrollingking New Member

I can see this thread is going in that way again, oh boy....
  14. dadale1990

dadale1990 Member

A sign of an addict is being in denial of being an addict.
  15. ZOoo00OOm

ZOoo00OOm New Member

You **** holds no weight. Ooooo
  16. ZOoo00OOm

ZOoo00OOm New Member

^
    Might want to clean that up a little bit
  17. dadale1990

dadale1990 Member

But you are arguing and Btw what I said found to be true in the studies done on addictions so it does hold weight.
  18. Deadpool FTW

Deadpool FTW New Member

My name is Deadpool FTW, and I'm an alchoholic.
  19. leadlpmaster

But arguing is funnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.
  20. SnappleT

SnappleT Active Member

Um.. guys. If an addict shows most/all the signs of being an addict and denies being an addict, he's still an addict.

Denial's just the cherry on the cake.