Being a serious gamer is a waste of life

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by Undercover_Thudercat, June 6, 2012.

1. whattteva

whattteva New Member

Uh.. it's called being free to have my own opinion? I never really said anything about an attack, just pointing out that your post IS that kind of post whether you like it or not. I mean implying that I have a guilty conscience when you know nothing of anyone here? I haven't even been at home in the last 4 weeks thanks to all the business trips that my company sends me on, let alone play games day and night.

I mean, you claim it's not that and say that it's fine if other people are not like that, yet you go out of your way to convince others as if what happened to you would inevitably happen to everyone else, complete with theories as to why your justification is more correct and logical than theirs. In fact, how you're implying guilty conscience or that video games is the cause of social disorders almost make it sound like you know more about this subject than even a psychologist.

I know you mean well, but instead of simply warning like you seem to want to claim, you come off more as persuading, that's the difference.

Honestly, for those people that DO have that problem. If they're not going to listen to their family and friends (which should've already warned them at this point), what makes you think they're going to listen to a random post on the internet? If anything, making this post and replying to people goes against the very essence of the post since I'm sure there are a lot better things for you to do other than frequent an online forum trying to convince hopefully a handful number of people that you've never even met personally, of your belief. But, who am I to judge that as a waste though... after all, the term "waste" is highly subjective after all... It could very well be your lifelong mission to stop everyone from wasting their life away.
  2. carryableyarn

carryableyarn Active Member

One could say being a serious sport player is a waste of life.
    You are wasting so much energy dedicating yourself to win at an activity that will hasten the deterioration of your cartilage, and possibly shorten your lifespan.
  3. thetrollingking

thetrollingking New Member

I lol'd.
  4. donut7577

donut7577 Active Member

You get lodsa money.
  5. whattteva

whattteva New Member

Yea, but you could also be like Muhammad Ali...

Sure he gots lodsa money, but he's also got Parkinson's from being hit in the head way too much. I don't think I'm quite willing to obtain Parkinson's in exchange for money quite yet.
  6. Zatchmo

Zatchmo Active Member

Brutha.
  7. Undercover_Thudercat

Undercover_Thudercat New Member

Parkinson's is a genetic disease. I know this because my father had it. I'm not saying negative consequences haven't come from his boxing career, but Parkinson's isn't one of them.

You are very defensive. How about this. Just don't worry about this thread. It obviously doesn't apply to you, and you're probably getting everything you could possibly want out of life. Have a good life.
  8. Endyo

Endyo Active Member

I've played games consistently since age three or four, yet I have manged to have a moderately successful life. I mean, yeah I could have devoted every moment of that time to something productive and profitable, but then I would have probably just ground myself down to a level of insanity from a lack of fun.

However, I do think it is important to diversify if only for the sake of becoming well rounded. Also, never choose to do anything regardless of its entertainment if it compromises your ability to be a happy, healthy, functional individual.
  9. Undercover_Thudercat

Very good post.
  10. Light My Pyre

Light My Pyre New Member

I've sacrificed a lot of things that I've wanted to do just for video games. I remember playing L4D and MNC for 6-12 hours a day and oh boy, it was very fun... until I've realized that my body was starting to break because of lack of sleep. Then, I gave up playing Xbox after I've realized that what I've been doing for the past 2 years was not right. Seriously, like Snarf is trying to say, having a passion for video games is just wrong, unless you get paid for it. Sorry, but you can't argue with that. When it comes to that topic, I'm right and you're wrong. I don't wanna sound egotistical but I feel like my decision was right and I feel like I'm on the right path now.

tl;dr
    Don't be willing to sacrifice important things just for video games.
    Instead, use that will for something that will get you somewhere.

I hope at least 1 person gets encouraged by this thread.
  11. carryableyarn

carryableyarn Active Member

Damn.
    Burned.
  12. Light My Pyre

Light My Pyre New Member

Too long didn't read most of the part. Jesus, Zoom. You're still upset about me saying gay marriage isn't right? For you to remove me after the day we partied up, I just can't think of any reason but about the whole gay people thing ;) Now, you go ahead and marry gay people if you want. That's your choice, not mine. And I thought you have me blocked? I thought you would ignore my posts? Oh and I have no credibility? Jeez, I'm pretty sure that your posts are as useless as mine.
  13. Light My Pyre

Light My Pyre New Member

Okay, I'm just gonna get off this forum and everyone should be happy.

Goodbye!
  14. ZOoo00OOm

ZOoo00OOm New Member

Wow. Julian is an effing loser.
  15. ZOoo00OOm

ZOoo00OOm New Member

I mean, I've never seen that many contradictory, inconsistent and close-minded posts made by one person. Pyre, you are going to go nowhere in life if you keep that attitude up.
  16. leadlpmaster

leadlpmaster Active Member

Eat well.
    Stay fit.

Die anyways.
  17. Undercover_Thudercat

Eat well.
    Stay fit.

Die without joint pain, muscle pain, a hunched back, an oxygen tube, a wheel chair, a hip transplant, and alzheimer's disease.
  18. darkyanime

darkyanime New Member

Stay open minded.

Get a job.

Play SMNC.

Buy Costume.

New epic costume.

Work extra hours.

Buy costume.

Work again.

Monthly payments.

Food.

CLEAN THE DAMN HOUSE.

Work.

SMNC.

Dead.

Find life meaningful with online friends. Feels satisfied.
  19. Undercover_Thudercat

Do you really think it won't make a MASSIVE difference?
  20. Undercover_Thudercat

It's a stupid question that doesn't deserve reading, let alone answering. The day you die, assuming you die of old age, you will probably be bedridden, sick, and have your fair share of issues.

But there's a reason why tribal cultures often had people living active lives well into their 90s, compared to our 50 year olds that are too tired to throw the baseball with their kids.

You really felt the need to nitpick that post? Like you were going to come with some intelligent way to tear that up? I make joke about a very stupid, cliche statement, and youre like turning into a serious internet debate with "question dodges" and ****?

Get a life, fatass.