Being a level 99 sucks sometimes. And quitters.

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by An Artic Fox, November 10, 2010.

1. Einarath

Einarath New Member

The only times I ever rage-quit are if there is massive lag, or if the other team ends up kill farming. There is no reason in continuing playing in those cases, as both have rendered the game pointless.

Basically I find that if I'm not carrying my team, then the other team is rage-quitting. It seems almost impossible to find that balance of people where the teams actually feel "even". I mainly play solo, and pretty much always end up carrying my team. But like many other people here have said, that's a big part of the fun: pushing your limits, and challenging yourself.

That and pissing off public-smashers. :)
  2. TheRealBowser

TheRealBowser New Member

Usually I never quit unless there is an obnoxious (but skilled) sniper owning me and there's nothing I can do to kill them. Every other class doesn't bother me, except assaults to some extent. But I'll catch them eventually and take them out. 'Skilled' snipers that sit on traps? Not so much.

I also quit teams with players that I have played before and know are halo kids that trash talk. They piss me off. Period. I play this game to have fun. 95% of the time this is in post-game lobbies.

Lastly, and I usually quit games when I catch someone exploiting (on either team). That really pisses me off. I have zero tolerance for that crap.

Overall, I really don't generally quit games. When I do, it's because I'm having a miserable freaking time. I don't try to make excuses for this; it's not my job to play target practice for a bunch of skilled players. If I'm not having fun I leave. I'm pretty lighthearted and I make the most of most games, but if I come across one I can't stand, I leave. Plain and simple.

I want to clarify this; I don't mind losing. I can have a great game just killing people if it comes down to it. I don't take stuff seriously. However, I don't like being farmed, I don't enjoy lagtastic games, and I don't enjoy trash-talkers. Again, if I'm not having fun I quit. No nerd rage involved, I just leave game, find a new one, and hope I have better luck the next time. Life goes on.

PS: I care nothing about my kill:Death ratio, last I checked it sucked. I play to have fun first, win games second, and farm kills dead last.
  3. lDeadEye

lDeadEye New Member

Almost 99% of the 99s I run into are actually pretty trash, and are quitters.
  4. tlbww

tlbww New Member

I was in a room with 5 lvl 99's in a party. It was pubs for me so I knew I was going to lose. It was 5 v 4 and my team never got replacements (or would but would quit when they knew they were going to lose). I entertained that lobby for about 3 games b4 I was tired of a lost cause. It's not the lvl 99's fault, props to you. People get intimidated when they see lvl 99's. I'm not lvl 99 but play quite decently usually getting the 2nd highest marks in the game and 1 for team scores.

What gets me is how parties will invite me to their party when they see that I'm decent to stack the deck even more. It's not about winning...seriously. I love close games. I hate domination.
  5. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

LOL!
    Arctic fox and his buddies joined a game with me and my party of 4 99s. he stayed for about 10 seconds, then ditched out on his buddies. after that match they were pretty upset; they told me he saw 4 level 99s and decided to bail on them.
    Moral of the story:
    Being a level 99 sucks sometimes. And quitters.
    :lol: :roll:
  6. The Teominator

The Teominator New Member

Aww, I want to take a screenshot on that and shove it up in the face.(Or any other part of the body that has an opening :twisted: )
  7. anon357

anon357 New Member

oh my god......level 99 ?? really?? how long does that takes. man almost every room i tried in the demo were 99. are you guys all no lifes or what? :|. i understand lower lvls run in fear with how overpowered you are compared to beginners...
  8. SHStiger

SHStiger New Member

I'll usually always stick around for the first game if there is a group of 99s. For all I know, the matchmaking system just put them together and it could be shuffled next game. But if our team proceeds to get wrecked and then they're all grouped together again, it's likely they're all in a party together....so I'll back out before the game begins. It's too tough trying to break a strategy of a group of people playing together when mixed up with randoms in pubs.

Otherwise I rarely quit out of matches.
  9. cutecakes

cutecakes Member

:lol:
  10. ManaCorporation

ManaCorporation New Member

Last night I joined a game where the opposing team were CLEARLY PARTIED TOGETHER and that team were five 99's with a nooby 76 in it. I was the only 99 on the opposing team, everyone else were barely in their 50's.

Needless to say, we got devastated. (But I had the best kill:death ratio)

Needless to say, half of my team quit after that.

However, another 99 came in! Then in the third game, another 99!

Eventually it just became a buttf**k of 99's murdering each other. It was really fun and challenging to maintain my KDR of 1.5 throughout those games.

I actually would love to join in a game with all 99's!
  11. OfficerFuttBuck

OfficerFuttBuck Active Member

I feel like that nooby 76 was me....
  12. Jraw20

Jraw20 New Member

I think it is :lol: Because I remember us playing against him. I remember juice rushers :evil:
  13. Jraw20

Jraw20 New Member

:lol: x2
  14. FB Zombie Chaos

FB Zombie Chaos New Member

I'm happy to say that I have only quit matches that were lagging horribly.

Even after 90% of my team has quit, I stay and defend my moneyball to the end.

99's or not.