Because I'm Curious...

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by JON10395, February 6, 2011.

?

What do you think of the efforts Uber has put into MNC for the 360?

1. Uber, You guys are AMAZING!

22 vote(s)
    21.6%
  2. Very Satisfied

30 vote(s)
    29.4%
  3. Somewhat Satisfied

12 vote(s)
    11.8%
  4. Neutral

5 vote(s)
    4.9%
  5. Somewhat Disappointed

18 vote(s)
    17.6%
  6. Very Disappointed

15 vote(s)
    14.7%
  1. Unic0rnSunshine

Unic0rnSunshine New Member

Voted Amazing.

I've never seen a company support a game and their community so intently, and it shows in the quality of the community and the quality of everything MNC.

You guys found the perfect way to support a game, and you oughta be damn proud.
  2. timmy TED

timmy TED New Member

I haven't played any other game since i started this playing again

The store could use some work :D
  3. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

I'm going to go ahead and break my own rule here...

I am seeing a lot of peoples posts here ranging from "Somewhat satisfied" to "Uber, you guys are AMAZING!" I just wanted to make clear that I am interested in your opinion. If you have negative feedback, it is welcome here. There are a few who voted "Somewhat Disappointed" and not to call you out, but I'd really like to hear why.

Carry on.
  4. TheBoom84

TheBoom84 New Member

Very satisfied; The only other games I have enjoyed this much were full Xbox titles by Bethesda.
  5. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

alright, i admit. im the one who voted very disappointed. i have a tiny ego, and am bad at this game but dont wana work at it...

nah, thats what you would have liked to have heard. that was mostly for humor, not derailing your thread or anything, despite it being done to me before.

honestly, some people see tf2 items and no xbox support. this was the first two steps torwards valve's current status. they dont see that its different. the item thing has yet to affect gameplay, and it should never sway from course, everything should be fun. and the support thing isnt true, they are supporting it. since they didnt release on disc and microsoft is at their mercy, they have limited updates. they need to make the update count, they are going to probably make it items in a patch and probably a map in a dlc. this will take some time.

it sucks, but you will have to wait to get everything at once while computer players get things in stages to test it out. if you need something to laugh at, go to the pc feedbacl and issues section, there are a lot of problems people are having and a lot of suffering steam players. if you want some revenge, this will cheer you up, sadistically.

and for people who feel the game isnt good or balanced, at least read a guide on a class your having trouble against and try before being upset?

either way, its a $15 dollar game. most people LOSE $20 and arent that upset. think about it that way, so you know you cant put anything below somewhat dissapointed. it isnt like you traded your favorite dog for the game, or $200
    Last edited: February 6, 2011
  6. teapot

teapot Post Master General

I voted somewhat satisfied. The game itself is amazing and I am very happy with this games quality. I say somewhat satisfied mainly due to the support PC is getting. The game is an amazing value and I may be taking this for granted but I want more content. You get what you pay for and get an amazing game but I've been getting bored lately. The community isn't big enough where I can be finding customs no problem. Uber has been great and I see that they're trying to add new spawn exits. I'd love more maps or something. I don't know if I'd rather have updated content, or a sequel. The game feels fresh and is an interesting concept and has the potential of being a very good competitive game. More gametypes/maps/classes/protags/skills/ endorsements etc would make it just that much better, but I understand the difficulties of doing so. Its why I say a sequel may be better.

Not sure if I'm grading ubers effort too harshly or grading them on things that are obvious wishes. I feel like they're doing a good job for a small company, but I think my expectations are a little high.
  7. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Nah mane. :|

:lol:
  8. x Zatchmo

x Zatchmo New Member

I voted that they are amazing. They have made it clear that they are not the reason for the lack of updates. So basically they had a sick game from scratch, and the DLC only made it better.
  9. syntaxbad

syntaxbad New Member

I voted Very Satisfied, but in my heart I wanted to vote Amazing. I only knocked down a notch due to a few remaining issues that keep it from being utterly perfect. Namely, the hosting/lag issues (not really the fault of an indie developer who can't afford to buy a farm of gold plated dedicated servers like EA or Microsoft) and team balancing mechanics. having my friends who play splitscreen get booted at every (frequent) host migration makes me sad because it makes it harder to sell them on a great game.

But those things aside, every time I look at Halo:Reach in my recent games list I think "Right... I COULD play that, but why would I do that when I could play MNC?". And that decision never seems to change. That says something. Uber, you are what a game studio should be. You remind me (and I mean this in a good way, whic those of you who were old enough to hold a controller in the 90's will understand) of an early (pre-MS buyout) Bungie. You know, when they were inspiring innovators and not a Halo sequel factory. Keep up the great work and give me an opportunity to spend more money on you ASAP. :)
  10. AARPS

AARPS New Member

Amazing. The game is ridiculously fun and they've done a good job addressing balance issues and bugs. I don't need a dev to constantly update and tweak a game to feel like I got my money's worth, but they are anyway. The biggest problem is the fans; they used to keep us in the loop but got so much crap for any delays that they no longer keep us *as* informed.

Devs get "amazing", fans get "somewhat disappointed."
  11. Aeadon

Aeadon New Member

I voted somewhat satisfied.

If you really want honesty...I understand that I only paid $15 and the game and concept are great but for every minute I'm loving this game I spend another pissed off that my gun is shooting blanks, I'm dieing to dead bodies, playing on a horribly chosen host, being unable to use skills right off cooldown for fear I'll lose them, watching my moneyball randomly drop for no reason, forced to break my hand to properly play a tank or gunner because of the terrible control scheme, watching any class spend $500 and wreck $3000 worth of turrets, reduction in framerate to two every time someone hits the annihilator or when overtime hits or any game on spunky, and watching the best pro killer in the game be the most mobile and be able to do some of the highest amount of damage to the moneyball...and I'm stopping only cause I'm tired of typing this reply.

I absolutely give Uber credit for making a great game but at the end of the day, it makes your glitches and bugs and minor game balance issues only that much more exacerbated.

My vote's also considering that I'm unable to shake the feeling that MNC will be the next TF2 in regards to updates for X360.

And hats :x
  12. hostileparadox

hostileparadox Well-Known Member

Uber, You guys are AMAZING!

I'm surprised they've done as much as they have considering their small studio size. Also, Microsoft is the one really holding back the 360 updates.

Once Uber has implemented/tested changes on the easy to mod PC version, they'll get the best changes and bring them to the XBOX.
  13. Wandrian Wvlf

Wandrian Wvlf New Member

Neutral. I like the game, but hey: I'm greedy and want more.
  14. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

I'm just gonna go ahead and bump this just to see whether the results will change.

As it stands now, these are the current figures:

Uber, You guys are AMAZING! (23)
    Very Satisfied (23)
    Somewhat Satisfied (10)
    Neutral (3)
    Somewhat Disappointed (7)
    Very Disappointed (0)

If you have already voted, feel free to change your vote, but please state why. :)

For the record, I changed my vote to 'Somewhat Satisfied' based on the recent lack of communication from the Uber staff.
  15. ZOoo00OOm

ZOoo00OOm New Member

Happy that this is one of the few XBLA games I constantly play, disappointed in the fact that Uber won't even utter a single "Sorry guys, We don't think it's possible".

If they at least said THAT, it would be a big relief other than get our hopes up for an something that wasn't meant to be.
  16. desertfalcon

desertfalcon Active Member

Very Satisfied....that is all
  17. That Dutch Guy

That Dutch Guy New Member

I'm waiting for MNC's 1-year anniversary to change my vote... If needed.
  18. Deadpool FTW

Deadpool FTW New Member

Somewhat satisfied to somewhat disappointed. I don't really care the update is taking too long, but I would at least like Uber to actually talk to us. Pretty please with a cherry on top.
  19. WildmanX2k

WildmanX2k New Member

Very satisfied. Best game bang for buck. Only reason I haven't voted that they are amazing is that they have gone pretty much silent for the last couple of months. If they just said a few things and acknowledged some of the less patient people on the forums (including my pm from a month ago) then I would vote them as amazing.
  20. teapot

teapot Post Master General

too many people voted that aren't around anymore. a new poll could create some interesting results. I changed my vote because of the lack of communication there has been with the community. It seems like they tend to keep their information private, yet are still banging out PC updates as well as trolling the community on april first. Not a good idea to use the "we only have 20 members on the uber team" excuse when you're putting out troll content.