Balancing Planetary Invasion

Discussion in 'Balance Discussions' started by xanoxis, February 14, 2014.

1. xanoxis

xanoxis Active Member

Right now its really hard to attack a player on another planet, nukes are slow, teleporter is weak if there is air and if that player has nuke, its almost imposible to do it. We need something more, and many people already said many things about it like orbital transport, Unit Cannon, or more interplanetary nukes. But what more? And how to balance it? Can we allow air for teleportation? Do we need different antinuke for better interplanetary nukes?

I have an idea for orbital teleporter, that is faced down to surface and is on orbit. It can DROP units that enter normal teleporter on another planet, but in slower pace, 2-3 units/sec and there can be only one per planet. Units slowly fly down with jetpacks, just like in trailer. How it is different from Unit Cannon? Easy, if you have Umbrella, no way you will use O. teleport to attack directly under a enemy base. And maybe Unit Cannon will shoot units faster.

Normal teleporter should have two flaks , or just one, that protect from Air spam. It still can be easly killed by units or nuke.

What else?
  2. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

TA has t2 flak and anti nuke vehs. Simple solutions to your initial problems. The problem I see is that the more sought after planets are the small planet smashing ones which are so easy to defend if you have a couple minutes headstart and the teleporter takes up 1/4 of the planet (possible exageration). Having no metal on these would solve the issue as it is pretty hard to defend a whole 700 radius second planet at all times.
  3. KNight

KNight Post Master General

You ignore the things that are incomplete and focus of stuff that isn't dependent on that incomplete stuff to function, so you look at single planet(maybe with an Orbiting Moon) gameplay, focusing of land, air and naval battling.

Interplanetary and KEW stuff is important, but so long as we're missing key elements like Unit Cannons, proper smashing elements and KEW Orbit Parking there isn't too much we can do really.

Mike
  4. l3tuce

l3tuce Active Member

I agree I have a lot more fun on single planet gameplay, but what am I supposed to do as a player if the enemy escapes into space and entrenches himself on another planet? The game lags to hell and back and neither of us can beat the other. Am I supposed to just ragequit or only play single planet maps or what?
  5. bmb

bmb Well-Known Member

I think single planet maps right now is the answer. Sad as it may be.
  6. KNight

KNight Post Master General

As long as you're trying to play PA, yup.

Mike
    mered4 likes this.
  7. xanoxis

xanoxis Active Member

When there are many planets, I try to outsmart enemy before he makes planet base, where I cant touch him. Last 2 games where like this, in first I was faster than his orbital engineer and destroyed his main base before it got to another planet, but I couldnt find his commander. But I killed him with nuke JUST BEFORE he got into teleporter to get to another planet. I mean, he was almost stepping into stargate.

Another one was where I occupied all movable planets, and dominated main planet. There were 4 big planets, 3 moons, and I won on main, and destroyed with moons 3 others planets. Fun were had.
  8. Nightovizard

Nightovizard Member