Backers are slowing down :(

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by superroach, August 21, 2012.

1. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Are you speaking from experience? I've seen from the Zombicide that the Stretch Goals(of which they always had the next one 100% visible, and occasionally 1 or 2 beyond that) sparked a lot of interest and really helped the project move forward. Obviously Zombicide and PA are different, Zombicide already offered the "Full" game and the stretch goals focused on expanding that while with PA Uber has openly they are taking "short cuts" to reduce the funding needed upfront, but I don't see any reason why giving more info about the stretch goals, especially the ones people are asking or talking about. Also realize that for every campaign or naval comment, there are 10+ people that want those too but don't post about it.

The problem is that the info isn't on the KS page, that is the one place you can guarantee everyone involved or interested will see it. and I wouldn't call them confirmed until I see something listed as a strechgoal on the KS page, until then it's just hints and vagueness.

Mike
  2. exuvo

exuvo New Member

I agree completly with you that we already have enough information for now and that any more would not help right now.

They are most likely waiting to reveal them later on one at a time. Remember there are 24 days left and it will give a larger boost if spread out evenly over time than if it was all revealed today.

They have already revealed plenty of information Confirmed features and are answering questions on reddit and here on the forums. They are probably overwhelmed with comments and suggestions that they need to discuss internally before making any official announcements.
  3. ozonexo3

ozonexo3 Active Member

Some, like me, waiting for September, for the payment from work...
  4. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

actually you can pledge right now, kickstarter wont charge you anyway until it is funded.
  5. thygrrr

thygrrr Member

This.
  6. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

I also think the stretch goals should be revealed. At the moment, people are just aiming for $900,000, as that is all they have to aim for. Give people something higher to aim for, and I believe it'll be more like to be met.
  7. acey195

acey195 Member

Maybe the devs are still deciding the order
    or estimating the cost of each stretch goal

I also want to see the stretch goals,
    But the team must be sure of the importance of each part
    and what it is going to cost.
    If they get that wrong,
    people could get disappointed.
  8. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Yeah but it's not on the Kickstarter page! That's the place where that kind of stuff needs to go to properly entice potential Backers!

At this point we have all the people who Will back the project, now is the time to start convincing the people who are on the fence, waiting until the final days when they may have already spent the money they could have put towards PA or just decided not to because of a lack of info/confirmations to common questions(campaign/navy)

Yeah its' only a few days in, but when you only got 30 days you don't stop that hype train, you gotta keep it rolling or it won't have the speed needed to break through the 900k wall and beyond(stetchgoals)

Mike
  9. yinwaru

yinwaru New Member

They could release a few "mock" high-resolution screenshots. I'd be cool with that, and I think that it would generate some excitement. They'll definitely hit their goal, but they probably won't go too far over it.
  10. ferigad

ferigad Member

Even if they thinkin about answers and else, it still dont hurt to say so. Whats so complicated?

Example:

"Please have Patient, we have noticed your Questions and will try to answer them soon.

Your Devs"

Easy, see?

P.s. i agree completly with OrangeKnights last post.
  11. coldboot

coldboot Active Member

Send your friends the links, and then call every single one of them on the phone.

I've done this with my old SupCom clan, childhood friends I've known since grade 4, and coworkers. I've got a surprising amount of interest from people who I didn't know would like it.

That video is so good that it gives Starcraft players the confidence that it's worth trying, and for just $20, anyone who's done university would probably buy with the slightest amount of interest in a new RTS.

Call your friends on the phone and tell them how awesome this game is, then tell them how much it costs, along with alpha and beta. Remind them about Total Annihilation if they know about it, you'd be surprised how many of the older gamers remember that game.
  12. galaxy366

galaxy366 Member

I already contacted Birgirpall and Robbaz.

Robbaz will take a look at it right now (got his reply 10min ago) and will make a video if he likes what he sees.

TotalBiscuit is still ignoring my tweets and the emails I send :/

But guys don't worry, ofcourse we hit $50.000 pledges yesterday and today is about $32.000 but it doesn't mean the end, The weekend ended, Monday also so yeah.

But I can confirm you if we do our best on twitter and such then we can reach $600.000 in 8 hours :)!
  13. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

I've got you covered, the wolfman is on the way. That's all you had to say.

Update coming tomorrow guys ;) Some stretch goals will be revealed.
  14. RaTcHeT302

RaTcHeT302 Guest

And more money for you too :lol:
  15. Spooky

Spooky Member

It hasn't slowed down drastically at all. Have you ever watched the progress of any Kickstarter project? Compare these for instance

http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/659943 ... ration-rts
    http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/260688528/clang
    http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/stainl ... ncarnation

After the initial surge, they all rise pretty linear in the middle and then rise again exponentially towards the funding goal and beyond.

The weekend itself wasn't even a large contributor. There were more pledges and backers on Monday than on Saturday and Sunday.

Btw. all this talk is probably just jinxing the outcome ;)
  16. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

$600,000!