Backer figures say you will have a epic credit screen...

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by superroach, September 6, 2012.

1. superroach

superroach Member

Adding up all $100+ (including the $95 early discount) backers which are to have a name in the credits, we are looking at having over 2,841 people listed alone as a thank you. That's also not including 181 $90 digital only backers that may possibly get it too.

Wow!

I think an achievement for sitting through the credits may be in order :p
    Last edited: September 6, 2012
  2. nobrains

nobrains Member

Re: According to backer figures, you will have the largest c

We could use search function in credits :D
  3. syx0

syx0 New Member

Re: According to backer figures, you will have the largest c

yeah.

You may be innovating on nearly every front, but it might be time to innovate on the credits front too.

;)
  4. chirmaya

chirmaya Member

I know Castle Story chose to use the backer names in a unique way.

Perhaps for PA it could be the normal credits with a battle in the background between units, each with a backer name, where the unit type is based on the amount pledged? It could also allow you to focus on a certain unit (yours if you have one) and watch it until it dies.

Then an asteroid named after a 10k backer could crash into the battle planet and destroy everything that is remaining. =P

/random_morning_thought
  5. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

They must do this. This is awesome.
  6. superroach

superroach Member

That's.... kind of beautiful in a way.
  7. KNight

KNight Post Master General

I mentioned sometime ago about putting all the Custom Commanders in as images with the Backer's name into the credits and Neutrino seemed to like the idea.

Chirmaya, the problem with that is that they're at almost 30,000 backers give or take? even if you only go 100$ and up that's 3-4 thousand units, it just seems a touch impractical.....

Mike
  8. Yourtime

Yourtime Member

lol I just wanted mention it, i hope they will think about something good too.
  9. kelleroid

kelleroid New Member

3-4 thousand units? That isn't such a drastically large number for a game of such scale. Hey, it may even be set on 27 different planets sorted by nickname first letters and a separate planet for those with non-letters being first. Credits do take a while to last anyway.

Edit: with 4000 units total it would only be 148 units per planet on average, and that's not counting deviations.
  10. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Maybe not in terms of engine capability, but in terms of showing those units.......

Mike
  11. thedbp

thedbp Member

and if they could somehow do it in a way that your robot (the one with your name) is fighting (with or against) the players you usually play with it's going to be much easier to see when it comes to your area.
  12. shinseitom

shinseitom Member

What if the Kickstarter credits were an example of a scripted scenario, that you could actually play (assuming they include some kind of scenario creator)? Each unit had a random name from the donor list, with different tiers of units being different tiers of pledges? There's no way to build units, so what you have is what you get and you have to try to win against the other team of named units in a deathmatch.

I always thought that the ending credits of Super Smash Bros. Melee were one of the coolest things ever, as it was a "game" similar to StarFox. Maybe there would also be a normal credits that just lists everyone in a slide-able/controllable environment. Main thing is, I want some kind of control to go through the list at my leisure. So tired of both unskippable and auto-scrolling credits in games, these aren't movies.
  13. Regabond

Regabond Member

Metal Fatigue had a pretty cool credits screen. You'd watch the credits as a battle raged, then at the end of the credits the UI popped up and you could control what was left of the fight.

Would be awesome to see a sea of tanks and bots with names changed to the backers slowly driving down the map. Control would then be given over to the player to try to hold off all the backers from..wait for it...ANNIHILATING him. ah ha hehehe...