Auto Repair for units and structures

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by zidonuke, August 30, 2012.

1. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

2. dekate

dekate Member

i like this feature (as it was allready in supcom...) and at the same time, if we get the "area command" stuff which is (i hope) intelligent. well ... auto patroling Engineers in an area via repair command+ auto regen, so stuff is up pretty fast again ...

im all for it !
  3. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

I know right?

On the other hand, I set the destination from a factory. Normally - move to this location.

Then I built a bunch of factories. Including an air factory - the air factory did not have a destination.

All the fabbers which were idle appeared to be doing some stuff. The enemy didn't attack there, but the flying fabber was busy assisting its own factory! Likewise, I produced a nuke, then started building a nuke. The idle fabbers surrounding it all started assisting :) When I "selected idle fabbers", they were still assisting, but were selected as idle.

I'll see how this happens in other games too.

It may just be a bug (like the one where they start on the different projects in the same queue, which I personally love if it's a really long queue of something like walls)
  4. tatsujb

neat little touch there and wow on the whole thing.
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  5. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

Sorry to disappoint you - I think it was a bug :( I haven't been able to replicate it. But it was nice if this is how they did behave.
  6. tatsujb

youuuuu scoundrel!! nahh, it's fine, they have to implement it, it's the way it was in FA.
    stormingkiwi likes this.