ATI cards FIX

Discussion in 'Support!' started by maxpowerz, October 24, 2013.

1. vackillers

vackillers Well-Known Member

i'll try them also, i got a laptop with 5870s in crossfire but run complete crap durring the alpha, never tried it since
    maxpowerz likes this.
  2. maxpowerz

maxpowerz Post Master General

cool thank-you
    i really do appreciate all the feedback i can get ,
    if it does fix some issues like real bad framerates, then im sure both you and uber will be happy that we have narrowed it down to un-optimized shaders for pre-lighting and the post effects.
  3. bradaz85

bradaz85 Active Member

I'm not sure if this will help as I don't really get bad performance unless ive expanded across multiple planets, But since ive been using amd drivers 13.11 beta 3, I haven't had a single crash, its been awesome. Ive actually been able to play 2 whole games against the A.I. and they lasted quite a while. Anyway the drivers are leaked from Asder, You can either try them drivers, or wait for the official release, but this driver does include a newer reworked openGL driver.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=382660

Not sure if there is the leaked mobility driver yet.

As always, make sure to completely remove your old driver with either driver fusion or AMD's uninstall utility before installing a new driver.
    maxpowerz likes this.
  4. bradaz85

bradaz85 Active Member

Sorry for double post.
  5. maxpowerz

Are you running an ATI under windows too??
  6. vackillers

vackillers Well-Known Member

just have to gimme some time to test it, I have to re download and install it on the lappy.. I'll give feedback good or bad but as bradz mentioned seems that driver has a reworked openGL driver, that is more then likely the biggest culprit after messing around with shaders on minecraft this is an issue with ATI cards along with various other techniques.

@ Max, yes I am... Windows 7 Ultimate 64. Though I only have 6GB RAM though
    maxpowerz likes this.
  7. bradaz85

bradaz85 Active Member

I am, a 7970 Ghz under win 7 x64. Every game I had since the latest patch caused my game to crash, and since installing this driver, it has been working great.
  8. maxpowerz

i only posted this fix up as a temporary thing to help ATI users get gameplay while the dev's fix the issue,
    if the driver is a better option i would suggest going with that, but if that fails hopefully this is a good second option so gamers with ATI's can still enjoy the game
  9. bradaz85

bradaz85 Active Member

I haven't had to edit any files. Please double check before installing the driver as I'm pretty sure this is not for mobile devices. The driver should officially be out later today or tomoz.
  10. maxpowerz

Would you be willing to test the shaders fix i have posted with your older driver just too see if it improves anything, i mainly want to find the shader thats the issue with older drivers
  11. bradaz85

bradaz85 Active Member

vackillers likes this.
  12. maxpowerz

when this is released i will add a link to it to the Improve Frame rate thread :) thank-you
    bradaz85 likes this.
  13. bradaz85

bradaz85 Active Member

I would love to pal, But I only just got the game running again yesterday so I'm a bout to roll into another game ;) sorry, maybe later.
    vackillers likes this.
  14. maxpowerz

I understand :) its an AWESOME GAME
    vackillers and bradaz85 like this.
  15. Telvi

Telvi Member

i will test it later with your updates max. Then i will post some screenshots with the results.
    maxpowerz likes this.
  16. maxpowerz

:)
    it not an update, it just stops some shaders loading, ones i think are making ATI cards run slowly
  17. alopex2lagopus

alopex2lagopus Member

I run a 5770. I too will try and post back in a little bit. I find your thread very interesting!
    maxpowerz likes this.
  18. maxpowerz

Last edited: October 27, 2013
  19. Telvi

Telvi Member

So here the results. First i tried all without you package. Same thing beginning the game Black screen then the fps drops to nearly 0 then the game starts and the fps arround 30

Then i tried with your package and i can see that the trees disapeared in the world manager. But also here the same thing when i start the game the fps drops. But then maybe the fps are a little bit higher but only 5-10

screen solution is 1280 - 1024

here you can find the file
    https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B1wsdW58qrJNZ3R6LVZlOGV3WHM&usp=sharing
  20. maxpowerz

did you have trees in game ??
    the trees are missing in my system manager too. but they are in the game when i play