1. Pothocket

Pothocket New Member

Yeah, assault tears up gunners
  2. Pothocket

Pothocket New Member

Mostly agree. After learning assault, the best counter I've seen is another assault with gold armor and silver RoF. Since they're the same class the skill choices ensure they win every battle of attrition with other assaults. It's simple math, they can't lose. All they have to do is hold down LT and slowly walk forward, terminator style, and they'll outgun every other assault in the game.

So there's a quick tip for you: if you're playing against some assaults with actual skill, while you have none, just counter them by playing an assault with gold armor and silver RoF.
  3. Ninja Wallace

Ninja Wallace New Member

I don't know, man. You kill me in more situations than I kill you, which isn't true of the best players of any other class.
  4. Cheesecakecrush

Cheesecakecrush New Member

Reasons Assaults counter heavies:

Easier to headcrab

No "ADS" needed for high AR damage (at least with accuracy endorsements)

Easy to hit with Grenade launcher at range.

An Assault that does good Hit and Run will give a Gunner nightmares. However, a Gunner that controls access to good cover (Dome of Ammo Mule great example) can keep the Assault from successfully attacking him. No way for an Assault to sneak around to flank you with good awareness. However, in those situations you tend to be sniper bait.

Everything is Metagame.
  5. BamBam11

BamBam11 New Member

Don't forget that assault is crap against bots
  6. F5in

F5in New Member

Not really. He's not amazing but definitely not crap. That grenade launcher is pretty good.
  7. Cardboardwarior

Cardboardwarior New Member

Doesn't hurt that you can lob them at bots you can't even see, or hit them from across the map. Let's see an Assassin do that.
  8. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

you must just be really bad at this game. :lol:
  9. Ninja Wallace

Ninja Wallace New Member

Oh no, I've been caught.