1. SHStiger

SHStiger New Member

I only upgrade to Charge 3 if it's OT and I need to play base defense.
  2. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

DEAR AN ARTIC FOX

PLEASE MAKE ONE THREAD IN WHICH YOU CONTAIN YOUR 849232847 RANTS. SEEING A NEW ONE BY YOU EVERY TIME I COME TO THIS SECTION IS GETTING OLD. ALSO, TO ANSWER YOUR PM, THAT IS WHAT A COLLECTIVE THREAD IS.

/troll
  3. Polynomial

Polynomial Moderator Alumni

I disagree. The ability to ring out pros (worth $75) is too good. A player who knows what he/she is doing can one shot every class not paying attention in addition to just ending close combat outright.
  4. Grec

Grec New Member

Which is what bombs are for.
  5. Polynomial

Its much easier to Charge someone out than it is to mine them. There is a delay between using the mine and activating it. Those few seconds make the difference, not to mention the placement of the mine is critical. With charge you just line them up and get them. And when you don't ring them out, you disorient them enough to generally kill them.

The mine is freaking awesome and incredibly flexible. I do use it for ring outs, yes. But I think Charge 3 is just way better for it.
  6. Merveilleux

Merveilleux New Member

Polynomial I kind of agree it is easier to use charge to ring out jucied people, but at the same time its alot riskier than if you just want to throw a mine, have them run onto it, and then ring them out like that.

OR, the ejector is best of all. :cool:

I also don't use charge 3 because it gives you more of a chance to die, considering you actually grapple them, and during that grapple you can get sniped opposed to charge 2 where you actually just charge and can get away. Nawwww mean?
  7. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

the thing about the vulnerability during charge 3. really? how many time have you died in the grapple animation?
  8. Merveilleux

Merveilleux New Member

I never died during the animation when I used to use charge 3, but whenever i'd use it, i'd always die right after I use it because i'd be pretty much be locked on to by the enemy team just waiting for their chance to kill me.
  9. XENONOX

XENONOX New Member

I upgrade to level 3 charge.

Amen.
  10. Ninja Wallace

Ninja Wallace New Member

Charge 3 is bad because:
    a) It leaves you vulnerable for too long and becomes very hazardous if your enemy is near any bots, as they often will be.
    b) You do nothing to jumping opponents, or anyone who otherwise avoids the grapple.
    c) It limits your ability to escape (one of the Assault's best aspects) if any sort of enemy or bot is in your way.
    d) You can't hit more than one enemy with it.
    e) It costs $400.

Basically, charge 2 is useful in almost every situation, where charge 3 is useful in very few. I'd also argue it's easier to ring people out with charge 2 for the simple fact that people are going to get hit by it more.

You told me you don't, like, two days ago.
    Last edited: December 25, 2010
  11. XENONOX

XENONOX New Member

That is correct, but I also said I did... only for the lulz.

Amen.
  12. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

i take it for the cooldown and thats about it. i really tend not to use it offensively, aside from an assassin.

that being said:
    1 - passive 2/bomb 2
    2 - fly 2
    3 - charge 2
    4 - bomb 3
    5 - passive 3
    6 - fly 3
    7 - charge 3

it doesnt sit very high on the priority list.
  13. Polynomial

Every level 3 skill costs $400.

The only time I die after or during the animation if a sniper was on my that very moment.

You only need to hit one enemy and its really easy to hit people with Charge 3. Not everyone bunny hops.

If I'm the only assault getting Charge 3, then its better for me!
  14. Ninja Wallace

Ninja Wallace New Member

You're not playing against anyone who's very good, man.
  15. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

exactly. so if you chose not to buy one, thats 400 in your pocket that could be spent on something else.
  16. Polynomial

Great argument bro. Even Starcraft 2 pros lose to cheese. 175 of my 582 kills on PC right now are from grapple charge. You're telling me that 1/3 of my kills were off noobs? I don't even know what my 360 stats are.

Assault basically runs off 2 skills. Its not breaking the bank.
  17. Ninja Wallace

Ninja Wallace New Member

Yes. 95% of everyone who plays video games are bad at them. This applies as much to Monday Night Combat as it does to anything else.

Assault has very little reason to upgrade anything except bomb past level 2. That's $1000 for all his skills. Add in charge 3 and that's $1400, which is about half what you make in an average game. It's also $100 less than you need to buy juice, and $50 less than what it costs to build a level 2 rock-it from scratch. Both of these are far more useful, both to you and your team, than charge 3 will ever be. You need four ring-outs and a kill with charge 3 just to break even. You will not get this against a good team.
  18. Polynomial

I think it just boils down to having different playstyles then. That's fine with me. I'm not out to say your style is wrong, but rather try to explain the reasoning behind what I do. 99.9% of this game is played with random teams. Strategies change based on level of communication.

I see what you're saying but I never feel money scrapped enough that Charge 3's $400 cost becomes relevent.
  19. Ninja Wallace

Ninja Wallace New Member

Hey man, if you want to base your strategy around pubstomping, that's fine by me.
  20. Polynomial

How am I pubstomping by myself? I guess I AM as good as a whole team >.>