Assault Gameplay Video for the up and coming assaulter

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat Gameplay Videos' started by Vampwood, February 2, 2011.

1. [451]Fireman

[451]Fireman New Member

No one is scared of bots. However, they provide a huge HP buffer that must be overcome to effectively push out of a contain. This gives a lot more potential risks to be taken in trying to finish the game.

I do not see how winning in 2 minutes is any more steamrolling then the slayer style that deliberately prolongs games in order to have a higher kill count. In fact I actually see this as a disservice the team getting stomped. You are just attempting to look good and it will create the same team stack because now your name is up in lights.

Besides, if player skill had any semblance of parity between teams and players your style wouldn't really work. You bet on being just better killers which is fantastic for pub games because you can actually be that much better. Take all those very good pubstar players and put them against each other and then such things don't work. Even my Assault is a better killer then most players though I certainly don't hunt near as much as you do. That is not difficult with any sort of FPS background when fighting DotA style players. Or even bad FPS players, of which there are a lot.

Regarding earlier comments on pushing bots, your videos do not show evidence of other people on your team killing bots. But you still play extremely forward taking out turrets and so forth when there is nothing that will be accomplished because the bot lanes are pushed all the way into your base. In other words, no one is pushing bots and you aren't helping despite having 30 kills.
  2. XENONOX

XENONOX New Member

The uploaded video is not even a competitive game.

Obviously an actual competitive game would warrant a different playstyle and focus and everyone is actually competent enough to do their job effective, which would allow the team with better communication and teamwork to rise on top.

You're really reading too much into this.

Amen.
    Last edited: February 15, 2011
  3. Providence

Providence New Member

Vamp + randoms vs Fireman + randoms
    Best of 3
    Post vids
    Go!
  4. Vampwood

Vampwood New Member

BUT BUT PRO VS PRO means nothing! hurp
  5. [451]Fireman

[451]Fireman New Member

I did not ever say this. Pro killing is important. So is bot killing.

Doing one or the other will not lead to success in most cases barring huge skill disparities.
  6. Vampwood

Vampwood New Member

Yet my skill level does let me do this in a pub environment , this isn't a league or a competitive match.

New videos posted for those who are interested.