Assault and Lunge could take some rework

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Wishlist' started by Kurnuttaja, May 1, 2011.

1. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

Recently I haven't been able to avoid any lunge+grapples by jumping.. always just end up being grabbed in the air. And I play on servers where I ping <75
  2. arseface

arseface Post Master General

This. Same thing happens with assault charges. I can't jump to avoid getting grappled.

My ping isn't the problem.
  3. Kurnuttaja

Kurnuttaja New Member

Im sorry i forget something with the lunge thing: I was supposed to say that the swing would only be removed when it misses to hit and updated the OP with that. So that it would work better for escaping without having to do that unnecessary swing.
  4. Lyrae

Lyrae New Member

QFT. I get airgrappled 90% of the time by sins - no other class does it. The pings involved don't seem to matter.
  5. DehydratedWater

DehydratedWater New Member

So, 1% of the playerbase?
  6. Kurnuttaja

Kurnuttaja New Member

Actually good/competitive players soon are the entire playerbase of MNC. The pubs are fairly near to death and people quit more than people come. I myself have quited MNC too, it just got somehow lame when I played yesterday.
  7. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Some people have said simply changing the name from Assassin to Saboteur would make her class 100% balanced.
    ;)
  8. zodiark1234

zodiark1234 New Member

Trufax. :lol:
  9. Xalerwons

Xalerwons New Member

Nah, change Assassin to beta VK/Riftblade and every other class to "Mage-like".
  10. RayHanley

RayHanley New Member

funny that is the name of my custom class lol

OT: i think the assault rifle alt-fire doesn't slow you down when you're flying, which is what i do most of the time. i might be wrong coz i'm just starting to try playing a little assault.
    and as for charge 3, flying/jumping (not sure about jump) then charging would not result in a grapple so i don't really have a problem with leveling to charge 3
  11. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

i believe it does slow you down if you're hovering, but not if you're just in the middle of a jump