Assassins taking the ball down without bots?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Bonecrusher, January 23, 2011.

1. MootPinks

MootPinks New Member

I've seen blackjacks walk right past turrets and head straight for the moneyball, while their comrade bots all stopped to shoot it. Just saying SOME cases might be explained by this.

I've also been in a couple of games where I've been near home base, lanes clear, base turrets intact, and have headed out towards the enemy base only to see our shields drop. Each time I got back to the base within seconds, the turrets were all still intact and there was no sign of enemy pros. I guess these could be explained by gremlins, but I would expect them to have headed for me and not the ball.
  2. lDeadEye

lDeadEye New Member

MNC is full of glitches. If I go 20 seconds without something going wrong I'm happy.
  3. Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher New Member

this is all true but heres the facts:
    Each person whos run into this problem has stated:

Not enemy bots were even close to the moneyball what so ever
    No one witnessed/heard any gremlin/buzzers/bouncers spawned while playing

The person who is always near by is played by the assassin and always is seen by the ball.

I'm not arguing or disagreeing with anyone.. its all possible.. but from my own eyes and my friends/other people who i play with. They arn't seeing things and neither am i.

It's just like how people spawn kill with different weapons etc... it was patched but not fully. Same with the assassin grapple... was patched but some how people can still do it and this person loves to do this as well.
  4. Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher New Member

Yes it is but this one is probably the worst because if people do this in a tourney and win because of it that kinda sucks.
  5. MootPinks

MootPinks New Member

The point of my second paragraph was that those times were indeed very suspicious and if not gremlins were indeed and exploiter or a bug.
  6. Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher New Member

This only works if the following:
    A) no pros on ground level during their travel to the ball
    B) They don't detect cloaked assassins so they treat that as A)

It happened to me on ammo mule first time i noticed it...
    Steel Peel the other time..

Most people mentioned its happened on both of these maps

Gremlins can still be seen traveling through the lane.. if someone is covering both lanes they would have been mentioned..

Gremlins attack turrets before the ball and rockets can not shoot them...
    But in most cases everything is in tact and the ball just drops
  7. Manouso

Manouso New Member

Everybody knows that gremlins and buzzers can take down a ball.
    This is not the case with these particular instances.

I can only speak for the game I witnessed. I was ground level on the left as assassin non cloaked with bots I saw spawn in behind me not even mid map. Tiger was in the same situation on the right at ground level as a tank. Our team was all around on our half of the map. There is absolutely no way bots/any spawned bot could have ignore us and our turrets and gone straight for the ball.

No one on the other team could explain what happened.

I'm going to do some private match testing a little later to see if I can figure it out so Uber can patch it. If any one wants to help keep my bots off the enemy side so I can do it without turrets I will be on in an hour or so.
  8. J Triple Dash

J Triple Dash New Member

I honestly don't know how they did it. I tried doing it myself in a private on ammo with a smokebomb to the ball and it never dropped. I'm thinking it may be the slash when invisible glitch that does it & the game thinks its a gremlin so it drops but as I don't know how to do it (and don't want to) I can't test it.
  9. XENONOX

XENONOX New Member

I have also seen this happen.

I went through the recorded videos I have to see if I can find anything, but nothing.

No buzzers. No bouncers. No gremlims. No nothing. I'm in the front lanes, keeping their team in their base on LazeRazor and I certainly did not see anyone spawn any bots.

There are games when my moneyball drops, I go back and I see a lane has been cleared into our base.

But the games I'm talking about is that both lanes are secured and somehow the moneyball dropped anyway.

Could I have miss something?

Amen.
    Last edited: February 1, 2011
  10. Miracle

Miracle New Member

The guy who we think it is isnt the only one who could do it, but to people asking feedle, i and shammas think we know who and what he does we just have no solid proof so there is no point slandering his name if by our mistake we are incorrect.
  11. Sah

Sah New Member

Manny and I tried to glitch down the moneyball for about an hour today. Didn't happen. *shrugs*
  12. Cheesecakecrush

Cheesecakecrush New Member

There is PLENTY reason to slander people's names.

1. Its the internet
    2. Its the internet
    3. Am I repeating myself?

I don't think this is restricted to just one person. I've had the ball drop mysteriously in public matches too, with nobody in particular that i noticed in each match.

No bots around, not even the damaged shield noise. Turrets intact, just spawned, clear bot lanes to midfield, etc. I've ALSO seen it happen to the enemy team (you don't notice this as often, it seems) even though none of our bots were on that side of the map.

It might be a completely random glitch, not caused by anyone other than a random string of errant code.
  13. Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher New Member

im not posting any names until someone is caught and its properly figured out...

It involves the assassin character and this is as much as i know to whats happening..

I've tried many times in private matches with my friends and a few people from here to take the ball down manually and nothing..

Again when i figure it out I will let the devs know to patch this
    Its a game breaker and theres more then one person who knows how to do this and abuses it.

Good luck and keep an eye on the assassins!