Assassins are Anti-Fun. Regardless of their status as OP/UP

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by eternal, February 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

Sniper loses explosive rounds, support loses firebase, everyone (NOBODY) wins.
  2. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

I think Sniper should lose explosive rounds either way, but I just mentioned the skills/abilities involving mobility :p
  3. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

No, sniper needs to push bots. If you haven't noticed, he is on the edge of not being able to push bots already, I played him and it was barely still possible to push bots with a 4 round clip.

However, your an assassin main, you prove my point about how EVERY class whines about something designed to keep them in check. I'm sure every assassin wants to remove explosive rounds, every sniper wants to remove cloak and lunge, every assault wants shotgun nerfed, ect.
  4. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Only when using her Dash skill.

If Sniper's Explosive Rounds only activated off of enemies it would be okay. :D
  5. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

Let me re-phrase; I don't mind explosive rounds in and of themselves. What I don't like is that they activate off your own bots, teammates, turrents, and moneyball. That just doesn't make sense to me. But I'm perfectly fine with them working on anything and everything on the enemy team.
  6. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

I say explosive rounds balance the assassin's juice gain rate. Sine it keeps assassins from being able to get that juice so easily.

Anyhow, lief, whats your steam id?
  7. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

Well, the Assassin's juice gain rate was nerfed by a noticeable amount. And my steam ID will be a secret for now :p I want to see if someone posts a thread about me hacking or something. I've been accused of it enough already, it's only a matter of time until a thread appears.
  8. elessarjd

elessarjd New Member

I could not agree with the OP more. This game is really good and is only hindered by a few of these anti-fun mechanics. I believe some amount of CC should exist, but grapples and one hit kills go too far imo. Gameplay should have a flow to it and these interrupt that flow in a negative way.

Anyway, very well put Eternal.
  9. tinygod

tinygod New Member

most frustraiting things in MNC in order from most to least

1) back grapple
    2) face grapple and they still manage to get you or get away
    3) tank lvl 3 charge ROOT/STUN
    4) assault bomb launching you off map
    5) headshots
  10. ohknee

ohknee New Member

The whining never ends.
  11. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

12. Skull Man

Skull Man New Member

I only play as assassin, and after consistently coming in first on my team every single match, I admit that the assassin does feel overpowered. Its way too easy to camp the bot spawns and disappear/assassinate whenever someone gets close to you. A potential fix would be that when the assassin is in the middle of her assassination animation, she would take double damage or maybe even be one-hit-ko'd if someone on the other team strikes. That way, assassin's would only pick off the stragglers and avoid clusters of pros. As of right now, I can easily backstab someone in a group of enemies, smoke bomb, and cloak to make an easy exit. Feels a bit cheap, admittedly...
  13. elessarjd

elessarjd New Member

Nor do the useless, self-important posts like this...

Whining about whiners ftw.
  14. Espiodude2

Espiodude2 New Member

Whining about whining about whiners, hm? Trolololol.
  15. Vlane

Vlane New Member

Can't image that somebody would start a thread.

I (and I'm sure loads of people get that) also get accused of hacking several times a day but it mostly ends with them "reporting" me (I don't even know where you do that) and then leaving. They probably don't even know this forum exists.
  16. elessarjd

elessarjd New Member

You took the bait, congratulations.

Point is, what do people care if other people aren't satisfied with a particular facet if a game? Did they make the game? Are they truly that offended that they need to comment on other's critique? I'm sure there are several instances where Devs took or ignored the advice of the community, but they're smart enough to wade through it all. The upside is they have a community and a forum for people to lodge their complaints. Coming in and making useless responses to them, with no substance, is far worse than the original complaint. Childish at best.
  17. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

And this is how all bad Assassins play. Assassinate, hide, Assassinate, hide, LOL WATS A BOT. Double damage? Seriously? 1 hit KO? So if a deployed Gunner who is literally on the other side of the map gets one stray bullet on you, you should die?

IMO, the Assassin needs more of an armor buff during a grapple, not less.
  18. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

sounds like he's completely cutting off the enemy bot flow, not just hiding..
  19. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

That's the part I was referring to. As for spawn camping a bot spawn... It's pretty hard to do if even one person notices you. Because they're going to keep coming back for you until you go away.
  20. PKC

PKC New Member

Depends on the map. On ammo mule its childs play to camp the spawn until somebody notices, then just smoke bomb away and come back again when the opportunity presents.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.