Assassin - Shuriken launcher alternate fire

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Wishlist' started by Meat Engine, May 20, 2011.

1. Meat Engine

Meat Engine New Member

I appreciate the humor of grappling an enemy and slapping them into submission. My problem is, though, that the current alternate fire grapple seems superfluous. It also seems like a lot of what the assassin does can be nullified by jumping or hovering. To this end, I have some ideas for the shuriken launcher alternate fire that can be used to address these shortcomings, and potentially contribute to the team.

-Weighted net launcher. The idea behind this would be immobilization to deal with people that jump or hover to avoid being grappled. This could give the assassin a different plan B for when stealth fails, or provide a way to support another teammate.

-Goo launcher. So some sticky gunk that can slow down a pro, maybe prevent jumping and flight, and obscure his or her vision. It might make a good follow up to an incomplete assassination.

-Dart launcher. A poison dart that drains health over time, and causes humorous hallucinations. Another potentially good follow up to an incomplete assassination.

For the above ideas, the idea is one use followed by enough of a cooldown to encourage getting it right the first time. Right now I do not enjoy playing the assassin. If an assassin gives me trouble, I just play a tank or assault and hover sporadically when I hear cloak. I don't think that's fun for the other guy.
  2. Espiodude2

Espiodude2 New Member

So you want to add more ways for the Assassin to get away when they have the highest mobility, Sprint, Lunge, Smoke Bomb and Stealth?

[​IMG]
  3. Vlane

Vlane New Member

Sin is fine.
  4. Coverop

Coverop New Member

When I use a trick...no.
  5. Vlane

Vlane New Member

Congrats, you exploit a bug. You are a horrible sin otherwise.
  6. Coverop

Coverop New Member

Are you sure about that?
  7. RayHanley

RayHanley New Member

well that would create too many purposes for sins and for her secondary weapon
  8. Lyrae

Lyrae New Member

Give her a sniper rifle and make the launcher's alt-fire call down tactical nukes. It'd totally separate her from all other assassins.
  9. Coverop

Coverop New Member

Have you seen sniper throwing his sniper rifle?
    Also
    Ramirez! Take that Nuke with your poop!
  10. eternal

eternal New Member

New class: Starcraft Ghost
  11. DelBoy

DelBoy New Member

:lol:
  12. Lyrae

Lyrae New Member

What are you talking about? That doesn't even exist. >_>

ohwaityoumeantheunitandnotthegame. oh well.