Assassin Not a flame, just legitimate arguments.

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Feedback and Issues' started by Fatalsyn, February 18, 2011.

1. Fatalsyn

Fatalsyn New Member

Obvious troll is not so obvious. :|
  2. Vinak

Vinak New Member

As an assassin player, I can feel a similar grievance towards the apparent advantage each class has over the assassin. The sheer number of "I win Buttons" in the game can be frustrating at times.

For instance, I'd have clear advantage over player X....then all of a sudden he hits one key on his keyboard that causes me to die... I have no way to counter this other than avoiding the encounter entirely, or running away.

Which is mostly how the Assassin is balanced. For the most part, we can pick and choose our fights. In doing so, we can choose to avoid the instant death slams, grapples, bombs, grenades, charges, ejectors, and of course other Assassins.

I can't really think of a way to "balance" the other classes without breaking them. Well, perhaps the Assassin could have some resistance to ring out attempts. I mean, we are sword fighters in a gun fight after all....but other than that...I dunno.

It basically boils down to knowing how to play your class. You have to learn how to remain unseen despite being able to be heard and seen at close to medium range. How to avoid grapples, slams, and various other hazards in the game.
  3. Providence

Providence New Member

If you die to "slams, grapples, bombs, grenades, charges, ejectors, and of course other Assassins", you have failed as assassin. All are easily avoided/countered with the tools you have. The only thing I'm afraid of is death blossom, but tank is our counter class so it's understandable.
  4. Kel

Kel New Member

Well, charges, bombs, slams, grapples are all deadly in meele fights. And we are meele fighters
    (yes we have shuriken, but melee is way more fun then firing shuriken trough a shuriken mg :?. That's not ninja-style, I wanna fire my shuriken by hand :cry:)
  5. Providence

Providence New Member

Wrong. Assassin is not a fighter. Get in, do your thing, get out.
  6. Kel

Kel New Member

Often you have to grapple someone and that's meele. Shuriken don't kill normal player which aren't damaged.
  7. grimbar

grimbar New Member

Shuriken meets Gunner, Gunner is dead.
  8. Providence

Providence New Member

Grappling is not fighting. It's assassinating. Kill him and get out before his team swarms you. If you failed to kill him and he rings you out with grapple, that's your own fault. Shurikens have many uses other than just killing. Sounds like you're too focused on kills :cool:
  9. Kel

Kel New Member

No I'm not, but killing bots and turrets don't work so easy against a good team. So often you have to kill pros to get to the bots or the turrets, especially in public games.
  10. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

at least you will attempt to kill bots, i had a team with 2 assassins and they did nothing, they ran around cloaked face grappling support in front of their firebases and when i told them to kill bots they told me i was a fing retarded and that assassin is made to kill people.

is there any protip in the loading screens that says Assassins should kill bots and turrets and only kill players who are unaware of you.
  11. PKC

PKC New Member

And your grievance is nonsense. Get better at the game. The assassin is so good at doing what it should (destroying bots and turrets), she just takes a bit of skill to manage.
  12. Kel

Kel New Member

Yeah, played game, sucked, searched for a forum, got here, read some guides, improved game style and rocked 10 games a few minutes ago with top #1 every game.
    If you have a good team, you can run around, kill bots and turrets and easy win everything.
    Juiced assasins are a joke, 30% of moneyball hp with shuriken (50% in OT) in 1 strike.

But in public games, you often have to care enemy assas who run around try to kill everyone, then you have the good assasins sometimes, even worse and if your team is bad, sometimes you have to defend your base vs gunner or such things... really depends on the game = luck :cry:.
  13. grimbar

grimbar New Member

Your ability to do your job depends on you, not your team or your enemy team. If you do your job, and only that, right you'll not run into situations were you have the feeling that something sucked - especially seeing as how you're playing assassin and you dictate were the bots go.
  14. Vinak

Vinak New Member

I recommend reading the entirety of my post.
  15. PKC

PKC New Member

i did. it was nonsense.
  16. Vinak

Vinak New Member

Really dislike it when people don't read my posts, then presume to comment as if they have.

It's so obvious you only read the first few sentences...

...If you had actually read it, you'd have noticed where I was going with it.
  17. PKC

PKC New Member

i love your use of 'presume'. i read the post when i originally comment on it, otherwise i wouldn't have noticed the nonsense. i particularly enjoyed your depiction of other pros pressing 1 button on their keyboard and getting 'i wins'. coming from an assassin player that's pretty funny.

a fair part of your post implied there was some imbalance against assassins that could do with fixing. you even suggested a special rule for map hazards. the assassin is basically a bot-killing, juice-gaining base-raping juggernaut who in her spare time can manage sneaky kills, get to the annihiliator first and always get juice into the enemy base. her one and only weakness is her HP. attempting to mitigate that weakness (however slightly) indicates to me your assassin isn't being played to her fullest.

Yes, it does ;)
  18. Kel

Kel New Member

Well, that's a lie.

Also a lie.

I had a lot of games where I couldn't push bots because the lane was full with a tank/gunner/supporter. Ejector was watched by a sniper and the enemy team just pushed forwards. I don't suicide while messing with a tank babysitting in the bots.

If your team sucks, you can prevent being killed due to your invisible skill. But if your team mates just sucks ... well, an assasin is not a god, you need space to operate and this space is the task of your team.
    The lanes are pushed forward of the enemy and the bots are in your base, you are in your base and fight against a tank/gunner/assault/assasin + bots. Lots of fun, yeah ......
  19. grimbar

grimbar New Member

You may want to read marmalade's sin guide, a well played sin on it's own dictates the outcome of pubs any day except when other decent players are there - which is rarely the case (a shame because I like a challenge every now and then)
  20. sensitivepsycho

sensitivepsycho New Member

Indeed/

But seriously, the Assassin's Grapple does more damage than the Gunner's.