[Assassin] Marmalade's Advanced Guide

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Strategy and Tactics' started by Marmalade, January 19, 2011.

1. duckling

duckling New Member

I can't seem to get as much done as a juiced a assassin after the patch. Has anyone changed their play style greatly since then? I find myself using the same endorsements.
  2. Vlane

Vlane New Member

Same as always. Kill turrets and bots when juiced. Just keep the PK'ing a little bit lower while juiced.
  3. Demigod At Play

Demigod At Play New Member

Basically this. I tend to use the shuriken launcher for killing pros though. I've found that when I get grappled or charged, the resulting down time is enough to get me killed. Avoiding pros entirely is a good way to counter this.
  4. FastJack42

FastJack42 New Member

Thank you SO much for this guide... I have bought MNC this weekend and this boosted up my level of play with this class at least threefold... No more stimpacks for me, skill, skill!
  5. Wintermute

Wintermute New Member

I've also started using the Shurikens as my Primary when juiced. Even just line-spamming it when you've juiced up is effective in pubs.
    For turrets, I try focus most of my juice-time on any Level 3 RockIts. If there are any Lazers or Longshots, nothing more than a clip should be sufficient to break them. Even though a full juice may not entirely break the RockIt 3, you can either pre-shuriken it or post shuriken it to ensure a destruction. Just don't stand too still if they have a Sniper on their team. Cloak blinking also helps with the extra crits.

I agree that using your bladed weapon when juiced is not optimal, mainly you'll be in everyone's effective weapon range and their grapple range, which'll waste a bunch of your juice. The only exception is taking down a 75%+ health JackBot.
  6. corducken

corducken Member

On grappling jackbots:

If it saves the durability of your expensive turrets, it's well worth it, especially if your team isn't paying attention. If you manage to finish off the jackbot the turrets will aim for anything else in the vicinity, so if pros are letting the jackbot tank turrets and you stop that from happening, you can get them to flee before you take any serious damage.

It's really the only thing you should do in the case the jackbot passes all defenses and reaches the moneyball by some miracle. It's the only thing on the field that can break the shield, so completely disabling it by grappling it can save your team sometimes.

In the field, you should only grapple in the situation that one of your teammates has been incapacitated by the jackbot slam and you're willing to risk your life to save them. In this case, pray any nearby supports overheal you beforehand or after they finish healing up the poor sap that got served by the jackbot.

It's extremely risky, you won't build as much juice from it, and it's technically slower, and should only be done once in a blue moon, but jackbot grapples can serve a very good purpose.
  7. Tigerhawk71

Tigerhawk71 Member

tl;dr, Jackbot grapple to save your base or to finish it off while that idiot support tries to healbot it while he's under fire.
  8. TheWilder

TheWilder New Member

bump