[Assassin/General] Poison in a Killer's Sketchbook

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Strategy and Tactics' started by Jackal Queenston, January 25, 2011.

1. Jackal Queenston

Jackal Queenston New Member

Not to mention that you're so fragile that you shouldn't even be considering approaching from the front anyway, not to mention that an Assassin doesn't fight the fair fight nine of ten times.
  2. Wintermute

Wintermute New Member

Fixed.

Anyway, I've been testing the Lunge-turn combos on bots, and I understand what hell it brings. I decided to lunge at different angles each time, to see what I felt was most fun/effective.

Recently, as other classes, i've been catching a lot of Assassins when they attempt the smoke-jump. If I was in their shoes, i'd probably lunge off in a different direction (if the target is on more than 75% health) then smoke away.
  3. Vlane

Vlane New Member

This is something a lot of people don't get. As long as that assassin is not in the air you can still grapple him. Smoke bombing right after a failed assassination results in death when I find a sin doing that.
    This also makes for some really cheap deaths when I play assassin though.
  4. Jackal Queenston

Jackal Queenston New Member

Moral of the story, lunge away from failed Assassination attempt and THEN smokebomb. Adding Commandment!

Sorry about the inactivity recently, I've been playing Guild Wars again. <~< ;
  5. Wintermute

Wintermute New Member

I had been playing around with a Cloak 3 assassin with at least a Dash 2.
    Because of the Cloak 3 crit attacks, I'd be taking down a moving Gunner a few times with a single clip of Shurikens, right outside his effective minigun range.

I was trying to test it earlier, but one of the Gunners I was grappling when cloaked wasn't running armour, and I forgot if the basic backgrapple(from cloaked) with the sword would've one-shotted (which it did in my case).

I'd wonder though, would the cloaked grapple still deliver the crit, or because the attack isn't instant, would it not count?

An alternative would be cloaking and lunging, then grappling, but it gives the possibility of that pre-grapple fightback.
  6. Vlane

Vlane New Member

I'm pretty sure that guaranteed crit only counts for shurikens, but I never tested it because I don't upgrade anything but the passive.
  7. Marmalade

Marmalade New Member

The Cloak 3 Bonus increases the damage of the first lunge, shuriken clip or 3 quick sword slashes out of cloak by 15%.

EDIT: It doesn't affect grapples in any way.