Assassin Changes

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Feedback and Issues' started by wazupwiop, April 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TehRussBus

TehRussBus New Member

Mother of God...
  2. WildmanX2k

WildmanX2k New Member

Slashing does work. I've been killed way more times from being slashed to death than from being grappled. You talk as if grappling is the only way to kill someone as the assassin. Try to get the drop on wounded assaults / Gunners and jump and slash the f*** outta them. Use shurikens if you need to retreat and to keep their health low and also help your team easily kill the injured foe. Plus you kinda panic when you have an assassin slashin your back :oops:

TL;DR - Don't rely on grapples.
  3. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

*sigh*

I think I've been slashed to death as a Gunner, Tank, or Assault once, ever. It's simply too easy to get away. As much as I hate to say it, if you're getting slashed to death by an Assassin as ANY class, then you're just not very good. Every class has more than 1 viable counter to the Assassin, which is bull. But the point is that counters are there. If you cannot use them properly, that's your own fault. Assassins are simply too easy to shut down.
  4. Randomdude02

Randomdude02 Member

Not in a fair scenario. If it's stacked to the Assassin's favor for whatever reason, maybe. Otherwise, not so much.
  5. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

isnt the point of the assassin to not strike until the scenario is in their favor anyway?
  6. Randomdude02

Randomdude02 Member

.....I concede.
  7. Undercover_Thudercat

Undercover_Thudercat New Member

Exactly. Slashing somebody to death when they have full health would be stupid. You wait until they are distracted, shooting at somebody else. Then you can start hitting them and bail with a lunge/smokebomb if they change their focus fire onto you. Hopefully, once they do switch their attention to you, your teammate who they were originally shooting at takes them out.
  8. ZOoo00OOm

ZOoo00OOm New Member

air grapple?
  9. wazupwiop

wazupwiop New Member

I am surprised this thread is still up and running.....

After some playtime with the assassin, I think these are the changes that need to be made:

-Lag Issues have got to be fixed. (stutterstep, invincibility, the sword animation freezing while juiced, etc.)
    -Hit detection needs to be improved with the shuruken launcher.
    -Assaults and tanks should not be able to be grappled in the middle of the charge. I got grappled in the middle of a tank charge 3, I was pretty mad.......
    -Grapple detection needs improving, this is not for just the assassin.
    -Shuruken damage to the money ball could be reduced. The ball shouldn't be able to be drained from halfway across the map in 1.5 juices. That is a little OP.

Changes that need to be considered:
    -I think that the assassin and the sniper juice way too quickly in comparison to other classes. A slight nerf here wouldn't be a bad idea to consider.
    -A 1-hit lunge-grapple to gold armor snipers and assassins is dumb imo. There should be more skill involved. A lunge-grapple with a few slashes would be about right.
  10. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

lol@ didnt last too long at mnc.ff.org
  11. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

12. wazupwiop

wazupwiop New Member

There is an invincibility glitch with the assassin. If the assassin grapples someone under heavy lag and then gets grappled immediately afterward, the assassin becomes invincible for a few seconds. It only happens under laggy circumstances, but it is annoying because the game thinks that the assassin is still grappling/still being grappled, so the assassin becomes invincible because of the stacked damage reductions.
  13. WildmanX2k

WildmanX2k New Member

IIRC you can't move or shoot either. You're already dead but you get frozen for a few seconds as if you are stuck in a grapple animation. At least, that's what's happened to me.
  14. wazupwiop

wazupwiop New Member

I have experienced that glitch as well. The one I mentioned occurs most frequently to me. They can still move but they are invincible for about five seconds or so.
  15. wazupwiop

wazupwiop New Member

Invincibility glitches can happen with any class, but they tend to happen most with the assassin.
  16. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

The Assassin should have a jet pack.
  17. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

The Assassin should carry around a Minigun.

Reading this thread gave me a great laugh, please do keep it up. :lol:
  18. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

Only if the minigun shoots firebases instead of bullets.
  19. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Nahhh yo! Her Minigun should shoot auto Air Strikes!
  20. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

Level 5 Airstrikes.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.