Assassin Changes

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Feedback and Issues' started by wazupwiop, April 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deadpool FTW

Deadpool FTW New Member

Umm... I really don't like saying this, but Snarf, you really aren't the best assassin. Lief is better than you. Sorry.

The assassin is a bot pusher, although she can kill pros easily. If you have a teammate distracting them, then you can easily grapple them, or slash them if you can dodge well. Her mobility lets her move around fast and catch enemies with their pants down. She shouldn't only be playing bot pusher, she shouldn't only be playing K/D. She should find a mix between the 2, and then she will almost-singlehandedly win the game as long as her teammates aren't total chuckleheads.
  2. Undercover_Thudercat

Undercover_Thudercat New Member

I'm not being rude, brah. Re-read your first post. You're implying that playing objective assassin is dumb and no fun, and that it's impossible to play any other way.

1) It's entirely possible to successfully slay as an assassin, even against good players. I've gotten Uber streaks as assassin against good players plenty of times. It's just not as useful.

2) Going after bots, turrets, and the moneyball is actually very fun.

Sorry if you took offense; wasn't trying to be a ****.

EDIT: And I disagree. As far as I'm concerned, the only time an assassin should be going for kills is when it's a blatantly easy kill that will only delay you by 5 seconds or less, when you're fighting for the annihilatior, when there are no bots on the ground (jackbots are dead), and when you're stopping juice. Other than that, push bots and communicate with your team for the slaying.
  3. WildmanX2k

WildmanX2k New Member

This.
    There isn't one way to play every class. Sure some are more effective than others, but it matters what the situation in the match is like. You could be playing assassin in a scrim where the gunners don't claw, but are still very good, so you could easily back-grapple and kill them, meaning you can get a high kill streak. Hell there might be times as a support where you could shotgun the enemy team if you have back-up. Whatever works for you, might not work for others (visa versa).
  4. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

This topic is about making the gunner a good bot pusher as well as the #1 slayer. discuss.
  5. TehRussBus

TehRussBus New Member

I don't play assassin AT ALL almost entirely because of horrible latency. Stutter stepping, grapples not registering, and smoke bombs not working (EVEN ON HOST LOL LOL LOLZ). Not very fun...
  6. Undercover_Thudercat

Undercover_Thudercat New Member

^And that is pretty much where I'm at.

Fix the glitches. Once you do that, a skilled assassin is already borderline OP for a team. You don't need to make her any stronger.
  7. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

So: i propose that we make the gunners mortar even more powerful against bots because right now he cant kill bots very well. he can mow down pros like nobodys business, but that gets boring after a while. i would like to be able to kill bots when i get bored of slaying.

discuss.
  8. nephandys

nephandys Member

^^ I c wat u did thar
  9. MLGIntervention

MLGIntervention Active Member

"Gunner needs a charge and ice traps." - John
  10. TehRussBus

TehRussBus New Member

Good idea, bro. Also, instead of bouncers, which are more suited to the tank, very bulky and high health, the Gunner should spawn flying Rock-It turrets.
  11. WildmanX2k

WildmanX2k New Member

Have to be Level 3:3 otherwise it would be underpowered.
  12. TehRussBus

TehRussBus New Member

Of course. Also, to help with bot killing, their slam should not only stun bots, but just kill them outright, much like the tank's death blossom spin. The gunner should also be able to grapple jackbot. Mortars should also have a very high damage multiplier against bots, equivalent to that of the Railgun, but AoE.
  13. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

i think that when the gunner deploys, he should get longshot turrets on his back that automatically target enemy bots and kill them in one hit.
  14. TehRussBus

TehRussBus New Member

Would I be correct to assume this is a 3.3 Longshot turret?

Anyways, good idea. I think that the gunner should also have constant access to some sort of charge/lunge mechanic so he can move swiftly from bot lane to bot lane, helping him fulfill his role as a turret, pro, and bot killer. Now all we need to do is make him better against the money-ball to make him MOAR BALANCED.
  15. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

i think that they should remove his grapple and replace it with the assassin dash ability.
  16. TehRussBus

TehRussBus New Member

EXCELLENT! And anyone he runs into is knocked down and dealt great damage because of the massive weight of him and his armor.
  17. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

...He should also be permanently invisible to the enemy team.
  18. TehRussBus

TehRussBus New Member

Yes, but without the annoying hum of the assassin's cloak. Also, he should get dual miniguns right off the bat, and Tri-Miniguns for his Passive 3. AND, to make up for the fact he'll lose his grapple throw, his mortars now have a throw animation with their grapple.
  19. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

i think when he slams, it should activate the annihilator.
  20. WildmanX2k

WildmanX2k New Member

Only the Annihilator? How 'bout he also has a Jackbot slam as well

I don't think he can jump high enough though, so how about his jumpjets never run out? That way his mobility is similair to the assault, and we don't want the assault to be OP now do we? :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.