Assassin Changes

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Feedback and Issues' started by wazupwiop, April 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XENONOX

XENONOX New Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSp3iWxBMJk

///edit

What I'm trying to say is... there are reasons for balance changes. The reason you've provided thus far isn't good enough. People play in a way that may lead them to believe there may be a need for certain balance changes, but the issue may or may not be with the game itself, but the player's perception or understanding of the game.

An example would be the video I have posted. I've basically defended and defeated the other team with ejector pads. That doesn't mean ejector pads needs to be nerfed. It means people just have to watch out for the ejector pads.

In this case, people just have to understand how the assassin works and play accordingly.

By the way, good games after the game we've played on G3.

Amen.
  2. wazupwiop

wazupwiop New Member

Yeah that was pretty fun. It was nice to actually be challenged by somebody decent. I sent you a message about my analysis of the game. I made a few mistakes, and my Xbox was kinda "skippy." Soon after, my xbox froze so IDK if that could be why I made that random charge, but something wierd happened there.
  3. xRustySpoon

xRustySpoon New Member

So are you ignoring the subject of your own topic because you've come to the realization that your logic doesn't make any sense?
  4. That Dutch Guy

That Dutch Guy New Member

*le popcorn*
  5. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

this topic is about making the gunner good at bots while being the best at pro killing. remember guys?
  6. salomdi

salomdi Active Member

or even better, give the assassin an air to air grab, where she chucks the opponent in a random direction.
  7. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

There's no reason to insult the OP because people disagree with him. You want someone who agrees with him? Here I am. I used the Assassin exclusively to Gremlin rank, and even as a Bouncer I still main Assassin. I have over 10,000 blade weapon kills, and even more assassinations. So I know what I'm talking about.

AMG AZAZN IZ SPOZED TO KILL BOTZORS. Really? Yes, I understand that the Assassin's abilities make her ideal for lane control and bot killing. But let's be honest here, is that fun? At all? No other class is pushed into either pro killing or bot killing only, so why should the Assassin be?

AMG U CAN PICK AND CHOOZE UR BATTLEZ. What's the point when you can never win one? What happens when every damn Assault and Gunner are in the air 90% of the time? There is absolutely nothing you can do about them.

AMG U SHUD ONLY KILL PROZ WEN THEIR IN UR BOT LANEZ. Ok, let's say you're pushing a lane. And then out of nowhere, a clawing Gunner who might as well sprout wings is sitting in that lane. Nothing you can do, so you go to the other lane. Same thing. Now what? The Assassin is completely powerless against those Gunners, and her ability to push bots is gone.

AMG U CAN USE SLASHY SLASHY TOO NOT JUST GRAPPLEZ. What idiot is going to let you sit there and slash him to death? When the enemy is constantly in the air, that prevents the Assassin from using her main pro-killing ability. Try slashing them to death, let me know how that works out.

The Assassin is a nightmare to play against if your opponent knows how to use the class. However, that holds true for any class. My problem is that the Assassin, when compared to every other class, has TOO MANY counters. And some of those counters, such as simply flying, can be done far too often. I honestly do not see a problem with limiting the amount of jumping that can be done in this game.
  8. Edward Coug

Edward Coug New Member

Here's the thing. In competitive matches, if one team doesn't have an assassin (a good one, mind you), and the other teams does, the team with the assassin is almost always going to win. I can't say that about any other class. The first question that inevitably comes up in pregame party chat is always, "Who's gonna play assassin?"

If you want to change the assassin into a slayer class, fine. But then, you have to reduce the class's effectiveness against turrets and bots. You can't have it both ways. Right now, the assassin is the backbone of any competitive team.
  9. WildmanX2k

WildmanX2k New Member

Gotta disagree. I find the Gunner is the backbone of a team. Why? He is the killing machine. 1 vs 1 a good gunner should kill anyone on the opposite team. Including the assassin. His mortars juiced can kill turrets easily, further away and safer than the assassin. I agree that the assassin is very important, but not as important as the gunner.
  10. Reanimated Ace

Reanimated Ace New Member

I agree about the air grapple.

I am now remembering back to the glory days when I was a little tike. Playing Street Fighter 2 Turbo, and discovering that at least 4 characters could grab people while in mid air.

Vega, Chun Lee, Guile, and Zangief (I believe).

What's so hard about letting the skinny she-man grab somebody while they jump? They can reduce the actual damage it does, but possibly add a slow down or stun effect to the end of it to make it fair if somebody is jumping and fleeing away from her. On the topic of stuns and such, is there a way to prevent smoke bomb from epic fAiL and not letting you jump after you smack the ground?
  11. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

While I do disagree with the concept of an air grapple, I feel that if such an ability is given to the Assassin, it should be for the sole purpose of grounding the opponent. I don't think an air grapple should do any damage at all, it should just bring the opponent back down and say, stop them from jumping for a few seconds.

Mind you, I'm still in opposition of an air grapple.
  12. Undercover_Thudercat

Undercover_Thudercat New Member

You don't play in competitive matches; your opinion on this is moot.

The assassin is a bot pusher. If you want to kill pros, play assault or gunner. If you don't think pushing bots is fun, play something else. If you have a problem with a gunner in your lane, either tell your teammate to clear him out, or figure out how to kill the bots without dying (see: shurikens).

I'll tell you this, though. Once you truly learn competitive assassin, you'll understand - playing purely objective is actually VERY fun. It's just a different kind of challenge. Instead of playing "DERP DERP KILL PEOPLE TEAM DEATHMATCH LOL" your challenge is "there are bots over there and a tank is right behind them. How do I go about clearing out those bots while still surviving?"

Stop worrying so much about k/d. Winning the game and knowing that you're the reason why you won > having a good k/d so that everybody in the game sees you and thinks you're a badass.

If you gave the assassin the ability to slay as quickly and effectively as the assault or gunner, assassin would be STUPIDLY OP and the best competitive teams would consist of like 4 assassins a gunner and a support.
  13. Reanimated Ace

Reanimated Ace New Member

I thought it was a given that typically a "competitive team" obeys the laws of the tournament and uses only one of each class type...
  14. Undercover_Thudercat

MNC is a futuristic sport, literally (well, fictionally, but for the sake of the game, literally). A sport has positions. Positions have jobs they accomplish so that the TEAM can win.

Kickers kick field goals; they don't score touchdowns. Sweepers play offense; they don't play defense.

You don't put 2 quarterbacks on the field in football, and you don't have people playing the position of point guard in basketball. You get what I'm saying?

Competitive players play to WIN THE GAME, they don't play for stats. That doesn't mean in pubs we don't eff around, but in a competitive match, as in a match in a tournament that could potentially mean prizes for winners, competitive players play to WIN.

They play their position, and if you have a 6v6 match, and one team has everybody playing their position correctly and well, and the other team is very skilled but playing their classes with pub strategies, the pub strategy team will lose the game.

As far as one of each class type, it's done because every class has a job to cover, and while at a public level every class can do every job, at the highest level of play, every class has a specialty, and should be played towards that specialty in order to win the game.
  15. XENONOX

XENONOX New Member

Joins a quickmatch.

Proceeds to play assassin.

Wins the game even though the other team has at least one of every class, except the assassin.

MIND BLOWN.

Amen.
  16. WildmanX2k

WildmanX2k New Member

Joins a quickmatch

Proceeds to play Gunner

Destroys the other team until they are cowering in their spawnroom

Watch team-mates easily push bots and quickly destroy turrets without opposition

Win
  17. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

Fix'd.
  18. Undercover_Thudercat

^^^

/thread
  19. WildmanX2k

WildmanX2k New Member

Fix'd.
  20. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

Could you be a little more arrogant and obnoxious? I didn't realize that only those who play competitively are allowed to have an opinion on this game.

That aside, I have played with good people, against good people. I have played in private matches before, and those are rather competitive, regardless of your definition of the word. Just because I don't play competitively often doesn't mean I don't know what I'm talking about. Drop your superiority complex and try listening to other people; don't just assume you're always right.

I don't remember saying anything about K/D. I mentioned that a main problem was removing those who are always in the air IN YOUR BOT LANE. Sounds like I'm still playing objective-based.

Be rude to me and I'll be rude back. Once you realize that your opinion isn't the only one that matters, maybe we can have a civil discussion.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.