ASSASSIN CAP

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Wishlist' started by LostControl77, January 26, 2011.

1. sensitivepsycho

sensitivepsycho New Member

What a coincidence, I just played a game in which you were one of four Assassins on my team!

The other player was a Sniper.
  2. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

Play tank? Read my guide. Read Hudson's guide. Read DeadStretch's guide. Read theirs over mine, but mine is simpler to play. DeadStretch's would be best against assassins IMO. Also snipers.
  3. PlumbumTheEpic

PlumbumTheEpic New Member

This guy has the right idea for the wrong reasons.

A team of 5 Assassins and a Sniper is one that will lose. I prefer a close game, dislike rolling the enemy, makes for a hollow victory. I detest being stomped. No fun whatsoever.

I want an epic, a match so great it goes down in the history of Monday Night Combat, a match that makes Mickey Cantor cream himself with joy and Pitgirl... well, we just won't go there.

As I said, right idea for the wrong reasons.
  4. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

If an enemy team plays all gunners, assassin would be an appropriate approach. Being denied stacking the counter-class on your team to combat the enemy team is unfair.

Cap would thus hafta apply to all classes. Then everybody would literally do nothing but leave every server till they find one for their class. Have a lot of new people who don't deserve host pulling it.

Problem.
  5. destructamental

destructamental New Member

This thread was started late January by someone who still has one post count.

We're still talking about this why?
  6. PlumbumTheEpic

Because it's a valid point regardless of who posted it?
  7. xRustySpoon

xRustySpoon New Member

There were 3 assassins working together on the other team, so I went tank. I think it might have been my fastest Uber Streak/win with randoms yet. Seriously guys, there is a counter to every class, and a counter to the counter of every class. Choose your class wisely.
  8. F5in

F5in New Member

Except Assault.
  9. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

Yes, that is why all assault, or assaults with 2 supports, win games...

:roll:
  10. x Zatchmo

x Zatchmo New Member

Ha, I see your set-ups, and raise you Grand Prize.

Would it be fair to limit one class over another? I would consider it for the Assault.
  11. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

I wouldn't find the assault too hard. They play in packs, but a gunner with 2 supports would probably be a better pack even in that scenario.

I am sure heavies and supports, especially with teamwork, beat assaults. Assaults don't get as much of an advantage from an overheal, lose the advantage in group vs group fight, and trade mobility for a support where a heavy has no trouble staying with a support.

Whereas assaults would have to cycle assault after assault into a fight, 2 heavies and 2 supports could maintain a push without retreat better than 2 assaults and 2 supports, or even 4 assaults.
  12. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

bro, 2 people is NOT a legitimate counter for 1 person.
  13. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

I was suggesting that 1vs1, the assault is better, but 3v3 or higher, heavies are better.

That IS legitimate in a game where teamwork is key.
  14. Randomdude02

Randomdude02 Member

I would prefer it so that you couldn't play Assassin until you unlock a couple of custom classes, or meet some other weird criteria. Srsly. Way too many Assassins, everywhere.

While I appreciate the free + >9000 to my K/D, it's really just too much. Does the enemy team really deserve such stupidity to work with?
  15. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

so if an overhealed gunner is a counter to an assault, then an overhealed gunner is definitely a counter to another gunner, correct?

so...why didnt you heal miracle when i was bowling over your team on lazerrazor last night?

i had mlg pushed back, which is to be expected in a gunner v tank on lazerrazor. miracle was the only one who was giving me any problems but i could somewhat handle him, along with keeping your assassin somewhat busy.

as far as i could tell, you were too busy dying trying to put up a firebase in the middle of a warzone instead of healing anything.

come to think of it, i only ever say miracle with an overheal on, and that was only ONCE.

also...nothing quite like helping the team like shooting mortars at our ball when it was not even down. probably best you put your team in a 5v6 so you werent feeding us kills.

so...about that teamwork you were talking about...
  16. Randomdude02

Randomdude02 Member

....harsh.
  17. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

well, i am sick of trying to convince him that 2 people is NOT a counter to one person. ESPECIALLY when the gunner is so prone to headcrabs.
  18. Randomdude02

Randomdude02 Member

Believe me. I feel ya. I can't stand when people try and say that. Hell, I've been saying it since I first registered to the forums. Observe: http://www.uberent.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=2384&start=10

In my third ever post, and ever since then, I feel myself about to explode when anyone ever says that two freakin people are a counter.

It's not.
  19. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

i have already had to tell bro multiple times that charge 3 while flying doesnt work, when he claimed to have it work all the time.
  20. PlumbumTheEpic

It does extra damage without the vulnerable grapple animation.