Ask Gray Fox

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by grayfox, August 25, 2012.

?

All Pros, barring exploits, are well balanced. Outliers are within Δ10% overall efficiency.

1. Yes

42 vote(s)
    46.2%
  2. Yes, but with greater stretch.

27 vote(s)
    29.7%
  3. No

22 vote(s)
    24.2%
  1. madpony

madpony Member

Juice doesn't taste good.
    I was probably focusing on the ennemies.
    Last edited: August 27, 2012
  2. hotcakes

hotcakes New Member

Juice is a lot like this, grab dem boxes whenever possible:

[​IMG]
  3. madpony

madpony Member

I usually do. Just happens sometimes.

Anything else ?
  4. hotcakes

hotcakes New Member

I didn't watch the whole thing. Leave that to Grayfox.
  5. joshsny

joshsny New Member

And if you're a Tank or a pro with a melee weapon, it comes with a few thousand free damage to the poor soul who grappled you!
  6. madpony

madpony Member

Well, I played against you like 1 hour ago, on Bullet Gorge. Did you notice anything ?
  7. hotcakes

hotcakes New Member

I don't think that's true. Unless you weren't named #Pony.
  8. madpony

madpony Member

I wasn't.
    ,, <-- pro name

That was that game where you said a Karl was banned for aimboting or something about cheating.
  9. grayfox

grayfox Active Member

Team didn't armour up out of spawn. Very disappointing.

37 seconds in: We've assessed that Harry Butchers is playing Leo. There has been so sound from any other enemy nearby and no visual in the periphs. I'd assume he's alone (and would have assumed since the 25 second mark considering solo queue). Best course of action is to freight train jump, lunge, and get him into a hot seat grapple. Combat girl should follow with bullets, saving lazer for if he gets away. Hopefully she moves in fast enough for a grapple. Venice defense damage will be negligible at this time thanks to your armour. Grapples will have to stop him from activating it.

1:08 : Three enemies on one side. Here's hoping your left players push the lazer blazer shields. CG's screwed if she gets left alone with a Captain Spark on the loose.most of these guys look Klaw-damnable. Leo and Karl to low speed and Spark to low health.

Ejector money acquired. Pity there's not an active jump-pad yet. If you jump in to kill leo after an ejector hit, karl and spark will wreck you. It'd have to be ringout on the low skill karl (I've made this assumption based on his level and action so far).

1:38 : Karl gets away. CG dropped the ball on bullet accuracy and attempted no lazer. Karl pulled off a good Prop hop.

1:50 : I would freight train charge, lunge, and grapple that Spark. He's asking for it and Leo's too weak to actually kill you. That and he looks like he's out of Venice Defense range. Probly won't kill him, but he'll be on the run. The bad thing that could happen is he's got the right ping to flip switch you immediately after you finish your grapple. At least you'll know for the future.

Your CG goes for Spark instead of you. CG has 0 chance of killing Spark, so any chance of a kill is lost and he's drawn off instead.

I would have gone further down the bridge and pissed them off a little more.

2:15 You don't notice the Wascot. Could have saved your Klaw for a pull after his grapple ended.

When using a non-aim intensive class, the middle of the screen is where you look the least. When shooting bots, there is no worry of missing. Look all around the bots instead.

2:32 did you hear that noise? Gremlin! Gremlin! There's a Gremlin! Gremlin! Kill it!
    Look, it hit you! KILL THE GREMLIN. GET IT. NO DON'T TURN AROUND THAT WAY THE GREMLIN IS THE OTHER WAY. GREMLIN GET THE-

Good on you for knowing Spark was behind you because of the laser shots, but you missed out on gremlin money.

You didn't lunge as soon as you touched the ground. Should have lunge freight trained.

2:47 Bad spark is bad. No teleport away between grapples. Missed his grapple. Just swung at you without jumping and thought he had a chance to beat a full health Veteran with a CG nearby. We assume he's bad at the game now.

You try to eject a Leo like he isn't a Leo by hitting the button near his apex. Good for normal guys, bad for Leo. CG scores a nice lazer shot. This is somewhat redeeming in my eyes because of her missing the Karl kill eariler, but she's using the lazer on a full health opponent she has no chance of keeping around to kill. I question the validity of this act.

CG doesn't notice Karl. When you hear the clinch of a KaKlaw, you look around. Cg lazered Leo and ran off all bloodthirsty. Leo is in his base. He ain't dyin. CG need to keep it in her pants. She's striking me as someone who knows what a healer with damage dealing is, but not how a MOBA works. Possibly a TF2 Medic.

3:15 A Gremlin and lazers from above? Well hell this looks familiar.

Oh noooes! The Harry Butcher's kite fell off the map!

Once Harry was in your base, he was a dead man. You can hear a megahurtz behind you. Coupled with no laser shots, this means Sparks is getting into the nitty gritty and jumping down soon. He comes at you, doesn't go for a grapple. Smart, considering he's on your turf. No hot seat grapple speaks of bad reaction time. Simply a thing to work on.

I'm going to bet you were spamming E for a freight train that never came. Don't do that. Every attack has an animation. If you don't see the animation begin, it ain't ready. Switch to a different move choice immediately.

3:33 Another nothing lazer. Think she was going for karl, which makes it more OK.

3:55 Oi. Fujibot is at the lazer blazer. Why aren't you immediately switching to peck mode? A. In fact, the area looks safe enough to do Falcon Slam melee mode.

4:07 You see how CG is pecking the turret? Maybe you should go peck the turret.

4:14 Hmph. If not peck the turret, you could have at least used the free reign the fujibot gave you to get further into their base.

Nice Klaw, but good lord man where is your lunge button. You're just letting him get away.

4:28 Harry, whaaaat are you doin? He could have stomached one grapple then used jump-pads and more flying later to escape. If he was ballsy, he could have fought at Juice Bot and bank on churros, then expect his teammates to come down.

4:44 Ok, you didn't get full juice. Sucks. You have 1.1k. This means you should activate the enemy jump-pad to their spawn and assess threats.

Hey alright you did it. I would have jumped down into a freight train instead of klaw. They don't look scary enough to kill you.

4:55 OH NOES YOUR ANNIHILATOR MONEY.

5:00 There was an enemy health bar upstairs and the anni is ready. You better look at the anni and if it's clear, go kill the guy near the ejector button (if it's clear, that means he's button camping instead of anni capping)

5:06 CHARGE IN. HE'S AT 50% HP. REND HIS FLESH.
    That's a Klaw. Bad choice. He's weak and alone and you're high health. Mutilate him.

5:12 Yeeeee- AW WHAT DA FUG. Chase him! Go kick his ***! Where is your fervor? The kill is close!

5:27 Clicking upgrades instead of number pressing upgrades. Keep forcing yourself to use numbers until you're good at it.

Teleport noise. Spark aboot. You're the only target nearby. Jetpack into the air and turn around.

My personal preference would have been to juice break, smack him, use the jump-pad, then FT back to my base from the bridge. I think my way would have seen me dead more often than yours.

5:43 I would go upstairs right now. Nothing on the floor worth killing. Height advantage and you can eject Leo if he stays downstairs.

Yay, upstairs!

5:53 I don't even. Y U do dis.

6:15 You know to Freight Train bots, nice.

6:34Dats not who we wanted to KaKlaw. Hell with it, kell em anyway!

6:42 You focus Klaw more than I do . Each to his own.

6:50 Man these are some laggy lunges. Feel for you.

Sniper headshot during Klaw = better be darn careful on your next one. Sniper's got your number. Go lunge upstairs and get a regenitol.

7:15 Wrong way bro! Wrong way! Be ballsy!

7:36 going downstairs was a really bad call. Save the jets. Jump, Freight to the next bridge.

8:00 Go upstairs.

8:15 Go upstairs.

8:19 Spark is on your bro! Go upstairs!

8:26 That low chance of working klaw cost you a full juice bar. CG stealin mah boxes!

8:34 and she dies anyway

I would have gone for the FT on leo on the anni pad just before I landed. Might not have worked due to physics.

9:00 not much you can do. Feels bad man

9:02 Sniper has a crap score for headshotting so much. Deathmatch kid. Consider him bad but with good aim.

Oh. My. God. Those. Hotshot. Pings. This should be a grappling cakewalk, but you're 140, so not as much as I'd like.

9:18 Y u no upgrade

9:22 Ah! Nevermind.

9:31 KILL. KILL. KILL. KILL. I would have FT'd first mid-air and kept lunge in the pocket.

9:45 There is no turret. Make that Sniper know FEAR. Charge in with a freight train then lunge. Even if you aren't in grapple range, shoot falcons.

9:49 See look, Klaws scare him off. Earlier you had kill potential. Now it's gone.

10:15 Why so scared, big fat man? You are BIG, fat man! Use this bigness! Stay where they do not want you and hurt things!

10:35 Man those are just some terrible lunges. Ping is wrecking you.

11:04 WHAT IS THIS FEAR? MAKE HIS ANCESTORS FEEL HIS TORTURE. SCAR HIS DNA THAT HIS CHILDREN'S CHILDREN MAY KNOW YOUR ACTS OF FURY.

11:19 Very bad charge angle.

11:35 Bad Karl as expected.

11:53 She's a goner. Go upstairs again. eject fujis.

12:35 Go upstairs. Ple-he-he-heeease. Just for me. Just go upstairs. Cmon.

12:42 YA SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YA DON'T GO UPSTAIRS?

12:49 I would have not shot any falcons to keep a low profile, then wait for the klaw cooldown and attempt a grapple.

13:15 You need to get blood hungry. You didn't charge out to the jump-pad to give chase just in case he would get away. This cowardice / complacency is costing you much.

13:19 I'm not gonna say you should go upstairs, but you should go upstairs.

13:30 AW SHE STOLE DA JUICE AGAIN.

13: 50 Still not upstairs.

14:50 Good escaping. You could have weighted till the slow was gone to freight train. I'm really shocked at how choppy these lunges are. Something's messin with ya.

14:57 buuut you didn't notice the bomb throw noise or red trail to the top left. Or Assault's arm out.

15:45 You seem to have inconsistency with your Freight Trains at the end of klaws. I would recommend forcing yourself to hit once before Ft just to make sure he's on the ground. (or you can notice if he jumps)

15:53 He's a Leo and he's alone. Enough of this Klaw, MORE CHARGE IN RIP OFF HIS FACE.

16:00 A good choice. I'd have hoped someone else would grapple so you could run home and buy juice. Perhaps you are saving for a Jackbot. I usually don't.

16:32 I just realized you've got hot hands and not Bot Buster. This is bad. It speaks of focusing killing more than bot farming. Farm bots! Good for the soul.

16:57 You could have stood on the edge of that gray wall.

17:18 CG should have popped with Tank or after he died. She cared too much about having juice and keeping it to use it.

17:48 Goooooo uuu-UUU-uuu-UUUU-UUUUUUUp...Staiiiiiirs.

18:02 Attack, Attack, and never look back! Weak Leo! Eat Him! EAT HIM!

18:04 That works too -

18:07 No it doesn't. More melee.

18:16 go buy regenitol

18:20 All of this could be avoided by being upstairs.

18:30 YEEEEEEEEEEEEEES. UPSTAIRS.

18:38 Nooooo, wasted ejector.

18:42 Oh god bought Jackbot again. Your turret is doomed. Go buy juice and call for help NOW.

18:48 OH MY GOD GET THOSE JUICE BOXES. Darn, too late.

19:01 CG juice saved the day, but man I better see you buy a Jackbot and win the game with it, otherwise this has been a massive waste of juice an ejector money. I do not buy Jackbots. I do not buy 4000 dollar things with high risk and a large chance to be killed by 1500 dollar things.

19:37 BUY JUICE! BUY A JACKBOT! BUY ANYTHING!

20:34 Boy if you don't buy a Jackbot when you respawn I'm gonna smack you upside the head.

20:53 there is some serious NOT JACKBOT BUYING going on here.

21:22 someone doesn't like rolling for juice.

21:25 Tank has it handled. Go upstairs.

21:53 You...gonna buy that Jackbot at any time? Waiting till after anni? During?

21:57 GET DA JOOZ

22:05 The anni is ready...where the crap are you going? Why not upstairs so you can watch the anni as you walk?

22:20 low reaction time on doing anything involving that spark. A full turn around and grapple was possible.

22:25 Could have skid row'd after that lunge and not let spark away.

22:35 BUUUY THE JAAACKBOOOOOT

22:37 YAY!

22:45 Next time go up the jump pad then freight train towards spawn.

22:53 Man oh man that jackbot aint getting any help. You gotta get over there via middle jump-pad and kill some folk or it's a crap purchase.

23:02 YA CAN'T SAVE THE JACKBOT BY STAYING AT THE BACK PICKIN DAISES. GO FORWARD AND EAT SOME FACES.

23:15 Red Health Jackbot. Had you been more assertive in ground taking, he'd be in a better position.

23:30 Ok, where is everyone else? Is there a party with meat shanks in left lane?

23:40 Spark nearby meleeing. You are the only one in left lane. there are bots behind you. Only one place Spark can be.

23:49 Ok, new rule. You have to rip the shift key off of your computer and put a mousetrap in its place, then play Veteran for 5 days as such. Too defensive. Too Klaw centric.

24:08 didn't get the juice.

24:11 Didn't get the juice.

25:10 death by Klaw obsession

Rest of the game didn't matter.

Main issue not yet noted: You have yet to ever switch lanes. This isn't so bad because your CG needs help.

Biggest changes: Get the eye of the tiger, heart of the lion, balls of steel, and liver of cast iron. Be more aggressive. I think the main reason you haven't is that you have 140 ping which has caused melee combat to be unsavory for you.
  10. hotcakes

hotcakes New Member

What, I get no priority? :lol:
  11. grayfox

grayfox Active Member

My laptop lacks the graphics card power to run SMNC well and run a demo in SMNC well. I must watch at home.

Also you don't have easy re-watch ability. I can't rewind. Also, other people can view timestamps. Not everyone will download the demo and watch it.

It is OK, you are the VCR to the DVD, but you will be watched soon.
  12. grayfox

grayfox Active Member

I'll take or, please. Also, no apostrophe.
  13. madpony

madpony Member

Ho well, thanks. I didn't expect so much.
    I'm usually a defensive player. I don't like overextending since I almost always got chain grappled till death.
    The fact that I died while chasing Harry made me a little bit scary, and I feared the Assault because he was pretty good, and I hate good Assaults. Yes hotcakes, I hate you too.

Also, I usually switch lanes, but it's harder on G3 since the map is pretty weird. There's a long distance between the lanes and the anni platform is never a safe place, even though you only use it to travel between lanes.
  14. grayfox

grayfox Active Member

Finished off the review. Note that I'm the condescending mother when it comes to these things. Don't take anything harsh sounding as animosity.
  15. mops

mops Member

I called you GreyFox once and you corrected me to GrayFox in the most condescending way possible. Fu ck yourself.
  16. grayfox

grayfox Active Member

I recall this. I said "Who is this GreyFox?"

Sorry you're upset, mocks.

Sometimes characters I play wear grey. Not so true in SMNC. I'd consider myself gray in mindset.
  17. mops

mops Member

"Who is this GreyFox?" was the beginning of a huge fu ck mops circle jerk with multiple people talking **** because I said greyfox. It's funny because I was going to talk to you about how you were the "vet" that stomped me and taught me how to deal with commandos (when they were way better) back when I started in January. You would just repetitively stomp new players with wascot. But, when I tried to talk to you about your influence on me you were a massive ****. Now I just think of you as a condescending *******.
  18. grayfox

grayfox Active Member

The name carries a history far greater than my own. If we're to just talk about foxiness in particular, it's an enjoyable thing to outwit with finesse. I have a tendency to play sneaky classes and piss enemies off. When they're looking for me, they're lookin' for a Fox.
  19. killien

killien Active Member

Do you miss the time when almost everyone had a variant of your avatar?
  20. grayfox

grayfox Active Member

I think you're making a mountain out of a molehill. It's a very common happenstance. I say it every time someone says greyfox. Most of the people there knew this. Minor levity was had.

I don't know you, but you seem awfully irritated. Nothing can be gained by dragging on such levels of hostility just because a little humour was had. What I do know is I don't like the way you're talking. You came in crass with no elicitation. This is a forum, not the middle of a hectic match. Chillax.

I'm glad you learned something of defense from me. Here, have an adorable spider.

Attached Files: