Ask Gray Fox

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by grayfox, August 25, 2012.

?

All Pros, barring exploits, are well balanced. Outliers are within Δ10% overall efficiency.

1. Yes

42 vote(s)
    46.2%
  2. Yes, but with greater stretch.

27 vote(s)
    29.7%
  3. No

22 vote(s)
    24.2%
  1. hotcakes

hotcakes New Member

Naw, Gray Fox is in the elite Chowder crew. If I can convince him that the idea is stupid, he'll argue on my behalf.

Maybe.
  2. grayfox

grayfox Active Member

Artemis is an interesting one. Even if you cant aim, her burst potential via skills can be scary. With aim, the user plays a bit more restrained (staying back and headshotting) and has their cooldowns when they need them. I see some Artemi just spam their DOT whenever they can, but it can be hell if an Arty is wisely holding it for a low health or singled out opponent (no regen 4 u). I feel Arty's burst is justified, but I'll still cringe and call her a no-skill wanker if I happen to be a Veteran suffering from all 3 skills at once.

The double charge isn't too terrible. The player must land both headshots for the damage to be incredibly powerful, and that takes skill. Still, it's too strong in the current state. I'd actually love to see an Artemis rework involving multiple charged arrows to be a natural process. Charge would have numerical and possible function changes, of course.

Assassin is intriguing in the fact that she's the only melee character without swingback. This means less crits per crit "proc", but each individual hit hurts more. She's had her share of cloak changes, melee changes, and grapple damage changes. I feel like cloak is in a nice place now, but I'd still like to see it stop lock-ons and whatnot.

Gods no - it's pinnacle information! Take into account that if a spot is blatantly cheesey or exploitative, that measures will be taken to fix it. There's nothing wrong with a little wall riding on the first or second floor, knowing Klaw ringout points, knowing how to jetpack around corners that look dangerous as heck, etc.

This is always a good idea. If you think something is wrong, feel free to send me a steam message or what have you. Other Chowder folk too, I imagine. Try your hand at devs, but I've got no promises there. I'll say that I've had my vote turned through talking to people or hearing complaints in the past. I was one of those who was more resistant to Karl nerfs back when he was strong as an Ox. Listening to Karl complaints slowly whittled me down till I accepted his skill floor wasn't what I first perceived.

There have also been several things that I've been made aware of through others, then bring it up for balance discussion, patching/fixing, validity debate, etc. Artemis Charge and Cheston Brawling would be two examples of things brought to my attention that I've talked about.
  3. hotcakes

hotcakes New Member

And what is your opinion on IFTU after its buff?
  4. grayfox

grayfox Active Member

2000 Cash in the pocket = 15 cash per IFTU tick.

2000 Cash = Almost level 8

Cash decreases in effect as level increases. The biggest boost IFTU gives is on the least effective end. I like that IFTU got buffed, but it's still mainly back-end cash. Cash when you don't need an injection so badly to level. That pretty much means it's on hand cash. With a system that demands you keep 2k in the pocket anyway? You're not buying several things you want to around the map.

Certainly better, but still needs work. Maybe even a revamp.
  5. thebigpill

thebigpill Well-Known Member

What do you think about commando's? Do they need a rework from finishers to debuffers?

What's your opinion on the enforcers?
  6. grayfox

grayfox Active Member

Both feel fine in their respective roles. I find most people don't take advantage of the guerilla warfare that is a Commando. Not enough situational awareness, peripheral checks, etc.

Enforcers do fine, Tank could use a higher Quality of Life. Drop the amount shield is buffed on upgrades, put some of it on each time Tank levels up. The upgrade will be more cooldown centric than damage soak centric, giving Tank a better shield earlier in the game. I also want to look into grenade split at all ranks, or at least earlier ranks. My only concern is turret devastation.
  7. metaridley

metaridley New Member

Commandos are fine, Defenders could use some SLIGHT tweaking that I'm not going to get into, and sharpshooters are fine.

What's with Tank's jetpack (and veterans for that matter) sometimes getting depleted after a charge? If he's in the air it starts to deplete, but regens so fast that it doesn't matter. And sometimes it just doesn't deplete at all. I thought the intention was: you charge into a dangerous situation, be prepared to suffer consequences if the team knows what a grapple is. Except he can charge and jetpack, hopefully hit product grenade, and shield. Jetpack will protect him from grapples long enough to jetgun and scare off anyone trying to grapple him. Well sometimes. Sometimes it works properly, sometimes it doesn't. It really depends on the surface of what you're charging on (like bullet gorge's bridges).

Also why do you have to be in melee range for Assault's charge to do any damage? Tank's I get, because he needs to be in jetgun range anyway. But Assault needs to get in closer than I think he should be to use charge offensively.

Also, hi! Haven't played with you in a loooong time.
  8. rika

rika New Member

Spill the beans on our female enforcer :)

Also, what's your opinion on Leo's area denial and overall defensive capabilities?
  9. gluteusmaximums

gluteusmaximums New Member

There isn't one :)
  10. ars0n1st

ars0n1st Member

The most obvious question has yet to be asked.

What is your sexual preference? Are you single?
  11. whatever1

whatever1 New Member

Whats your opinion on gunslinger? :twisted:
  12. thebigpill

thebigpill Well-Known Member

13. brandonbandicoot

brandonbandicoot Active Member

On a scale of 1 to 10 how much is the whole thing?
  14. mandolore

mandolore Member

Will you be dancing with us again anytime soon?
  15. hooey

hooey Active Member

GrayFox, why do you hate me? You were the one who wanted a in game mute function or to know who's talking only because I was trying to communicate with my teammates. What's wrong with me?
  16. killien

killien Active Member

It does. I've had many occasions where I had a Rocket lock disappear once the Sin cloaked
  17. Orome

Orome Well-Known Member

why the sky is blue?
  18. Just1more

Just1more Active Member

Whats your opinion on Leo,

how do you plan on buffing Europe Que
  19. headhunter1

headhunter1 New Member

also what do you think of GS?
  20. opil78

opil78 Member

Beths rocket jumps. Do you think its fair? Btw when was rocket jumps discovered/put in the game?