Artillery projectile speed discussion

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by elloco1989, September 1, 2012.

1. gammatau

gammatau Member

Big Bertha and Intimidator.

"Dominator" was a little walking vertical-launch rocket launcher.

Whatever Mavor decides with the big cannons, they're his babies. :lol:
  2. coldboot

coldboot Active Member

Speaking of which, the Bertha in PA should automatically adjust, if possible, to go over terrain.
  3. linecircle

linecircle Member

Or through, or just blow it to smithereens.
  4. RCIX

RCIX Member

SupCom's projectile speeds were mostly a matter of physics; there's only a couple of good (as in, will hit where you want it) arcs for a given projectile speed and distance. There are some exceptions (mainly when the disance+speed = arc of about 45 degrees), but for the most part you can have projectiles go way up or straight out at the target. The big question is how will the planet sphere muck with projectile arcs? You start having to deal with (sub-)orbital arcs when you get to certain distances and heights.
  5. thedeserttiger

thedeserttiger New Member

i would like a shot that slows down as it goes up then speeds up as it comes down keeps the epicness of the slow shot and then when it speeds up keeps them guessing where its going to land :twisted:
  6. thefirstfish

thefirstfish New Member

I think this happens in Zero-K. I know some superweapons are very destructive to terrain at any rate, I think that includes the Bertha.