Artillery, and the lack of it

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by megacy, January 24, 2013.

1. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

It is absolutely possible to hit anywhere on the planet assuming you have the velocity and can aim your cannon. It's even easier if your shells have any kind of active guidance which I'm guessing giant future robot machines can probably figure out.

Of course range of weapons is still going to be dictated for gameplay reasons but firing to the other side of a planet is certainly something that will happen in some circumstances.
  2. KNight

KNight Post Master General

OUR LORD HATH SPOKEN!

Mike
  3. RealTimeShepherd

RealTimeShepherd Member

I hear you! I urge everyone to play... (Neutrino..?)
  4. syox

syox Member

Can i haz arti to shot other galaxy with recoil that will
    1 just push the current planet arti is on out of its actual galaxy
    2 or make the planet spin so fast that kontinents will fade into space huuuuuuiiiiiiii

.......pleassssssssssse
  5. volken2050

volken2050 New Member

Personally I hope there is artillery in the game. But reading this and seeing in the "Confirmed features and suggestions" post says that shields will not be included I wonder if something like the C-RAMs could be used.

Check them out here...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Counter_Rocket,_Artillery,_and_Mortar

These can shoot incoming rockets, mortars, artillery shells, and aircraft. These could be an alternative to shields and require direct attacks of bases that are defended by these. Or an overwhelming amount of rockets, mortars, shells, etc.

Extreme speed projectiles could also get through the C-RAM's defense.
  6. eukanuba

eukanuba Well-Known Member

7. sstagg1

sstagg1 Member

I'm perfectly fine with artillery being able to hit nearly anywhere. As long as it's not the only viable strategy, I see no issue.

Given that these are future deathbots, I'm fairly confident they know to calculate the proper forces and trajectories required to hit their target, regardless of gravity or distance.

TBH, I'd prefer it not be a viable strategy, but only because I am biased and like my epic ground battles.