Armory Custom Commander Purchase Question

Discussion in 'Support!' started by meir22344, June 2, 2014.

1. meir22344

meir22344 Active Member

Can the steam wallet be used to buy custom commanders in the Armory???
    the only reason i ask is that i can only get as far as viewing the cart
    Last edited: June 2, 2014
  2. lokiCML

lokiCML Post Master General

I can verify this it seems to be a steam integration issue. When you play through steam you lose the ability to purchase commanders. You can workaround this by disabling steam integration. you do this by deleting or renaming steam.txt file within planetary annihilation game directory. Which is located on C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Planetary Annihilation by default through steam or right-click planetary annihilation in the steam library > then click on properties > local files > browse local files. At that point time rename steam.txt to something like steam.txt.bk. Click on PA.exe to run the game sign in with your UberNet credentials (Is the as steam username and password), then click on Armory. Select the custom commander you want to purchase and add to the cart. Click on check out, select your payment method ( PayPal or Credit Card) continue through the steps until purchase is complete.;)

To reproduce the behavior go to Armory click on a custom command added to cart attempt to check out. At that point in time its is updating and fails to continue. Probably just low on the priority list a minor bug.:cool:

BTN: FS#3585 - If anybody would like to they can vote on this in the bug tracker.;)

@mods - probably should move this to gamma issues and bugs.:)

edit: I requested task on bug tracker to be closed.
  3. meir22344

meir22344 Active Member

also i'm wondering if we will be able to eventually buy commanders with funds in our steam wallet???
  4. UberGaf

UberGaf Uber Alumni

It should absolutely be possible to buy through Steam. It sounds like the Steam Overlay is failing to come up. Will you please verify that you have the Steam overlay enabled for PA?

Right click the game in your library -> Properties - > General -> Enable Steam overlay while in game
    SXX likes this.
  5. meir22344

meir22344 Active Member

Thank you i didn't have the steam overlay on
  6. lokiCML

lokiCML Post Master General

Same issue here had disabled steam overlay due to issues with it at one point in time. Never thought to read enable the overlay.:rolleyes:
  7. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Now I know what I should answer when somebody ask me about that. I suppose there need to be check in UI for disabled Steam overlay because most of players (except one with GTX TITAN) don't use it due lower performance. :)
    lokiCML likes this.
  8. UberGaf

UberGaf Uber Alumni

Not sure offhand if we can detect that via the API, I'll look into it.
    SXX and lokiCML like this.
  9. pieman2906

pieman2906 Well-Known Member

I can confirm that steam wallet can buy commanders, since I bought all 3 that way.