Area vs Line commands

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by metabolical, December 20, 2013.

1. RMJ

RMJ Active Member

Would it not be better to keep it simple ? and remove area and line completely.

I just want to hold down a button and then drag, in any line, pattern that i desire. circles or triangles if i like.

Just seems like its way better. also when terrain features on plantes becomes more prominent, biulding in squares and lines, doesnt really help. and it looks horrible, to see everyone have square bases.

I miss the random dynamic looking bases of the previous version.
  2. lilbthebasedlord

lilbthebasedlord Active Member

We're talking about power of the UI here, not aesthetics. A powerful UI means less micro. I think once freehand drawn unit orders are implemented, free-hand drawn base plans wouldn't be that far away.
  3. gunshin

gunshin Well-Known Member

The things that you guys seem to miss is that for any competetive player, a good looking base is not what that person is after. We need the ability to do things quickly, not take our time making some squiggly lines.
  4. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

welcome to my world.

there is more or less, it's called instant sandbox but it's currently down, you need to ask @wondible, the guy who makes it to patch it up.

what it does is this:
    r5.jpg
    it's a hell of alot quicker and you can configure the planet (or system) to the template that suits your testing needs.

other than that, no there is no solution. now imagine what I had to go through to test the icons and their shader up until this finally came along.

alot of the UI changes get updated with f5 but these are part of the files that are loaded into the ram only once when the program starts.

and the @ doesn't give notifications only quoting does ^^
    lilbthebasedlord likes this.
  5. lilbthebasedlord

lilbthebasedlord Active Member

Thanks! What is that 1v1 thing though?
  6. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

BTW instant sandbox isn't down it's just incompatible with PA stats. My bad.

that's PA stats, it's also in my list in the MODS thread : https://forums.uberent.com/threads/what-are-mods-like-in-pa-they-are-awesome.57013/
    I highly recommend, it's Cola Colin's mod, it gives you end-game statisics, uploads all the in-game statistics of every game you play to his server, gives you performance graphs, side by side comparison, Automatch 1v1, the ladder and maybe some other things i'm forgetting.

Very extensive mod. Uber's ladder work somewhat chopped up basically.
  7. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

www.pastats.com