Are dox really that powerful at all right now?

Discussion in 'Balance Discussions' started by squishypon3, January 1, 2015.

1. nuketf

nuketf Active Member

why? then bots will be very useful
  2. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

you know there are no forrests on moon lava or iceplanets so why should dox be usefull through disallowing tanks to path trough forrests of all things ...
    and dox being weaker than tanks doesnt make them useless they are still faster and good at raiding ...
  3. Obscillesk

Obscillesk Active Member

Simple fix anyway: ignore Smokey, burn it down.
  4. philoscience

philoscience Post Master General

Dox are very situational now, which is good for a raiding unit. If your opponent has any weak spots you can send them in quickly and wreck face. Also great for flanking around a tank blob to take out some shellers or snipers. I always have at least 1-2 bot factories building up a bot blob so I can take advantage of any openings that appear. But they are definitely no longer front line units, in all but the rushiest of strats. Which is fine by me.
  5. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Actually I've been playing 1 v 1 lately with predominantly dox and they do still work very well :p

You need strength in numbers (however it is possible to get this). The issue with them working (or not) relates to size of a tank blob, at a certain 'critical mass' it becomes very costly to destroy with dox swarms as the tanks can kill more metals worth of dox whilst they get in range. The key to them working is to force the tank player to split up his tank blobs to defend various areas- at which point dox wreck.

It's a difficult play but it actually works well and against good players...
  6. bengeocth

bengeocth Post Master General

I've noticed that sending in all my dox with my tanks can turn out very well.