Any updates to share?

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by Phranx, January 9, 2013.

1. Phranx

Phranx New Member

Hey team!

I know you're obviously hard at work, especially seeing we have less than 6 months left for the expected release date.

I was hoping we might see a peak at some of the goings on so far? Screen shots, concept art or even music snippets? There is only so many times you can re-watch the current videos to keep you going till release!
  2. Rentapulous

Rentapulous Member

I hate to be that guy, but it might be prudent to remember that the dev team is relatively small for this game, and the more time they spend explaining to us each step they make, the less time they have left for working on the game. Also, regarding the release date, let's not harangue them too much yeah? Waiting can be bad, but getting a rush-job product is worse. I expect this game to take up a lot of my time, and for that I want it to be done right; not quickly.
  3. Phranx

Phranx New Member

I thought I structured my post well enough to not have any of your points bought up?

I didn't demand anything that wasn't already promised and tried to imply I know the release date isn't definitive. Sorry if I angered you with my humble request.
  4. chrishaldor

chrishaldor Member

Chill bro, when they have something definite enough to show I'm sure they will
  5. ledarsi

ledarsi Post Master General

Agree 100% that this game needs to be done right, even if it takes years to get there.

For a game that has a reasonable chance of being a successor to Total Annihilation, which is still played today (albeit by only a few people- most play some Spring mod now as the port is really very good) spending a few months or even a year or two to get it right will easily be justified by the years we will be playing it well after it is completed.

So no time pressure. Just quality pressure. :)
  6. Phranx

Phranx New Member

Wow guys, really?

This forum is a "perk" supplied by Uber Entertainment to us who backed the game.
    The game was funded in September 2012.
    The game is still due in July 2013, no delays have been announced.
    It is now January 2013, 4 months since the game was funded and 6 months until the game is due.

It's stated in multiple locations by Uber Ent that this place is something special, we should even expect to see content that is allured to be so good that we would be temped to share it with people outside this forum.
    If you have a look it's a private forum with 5 threads. 1 welcome message, the typical "first" post, one guy calling most of the backers "bad smells" for not posting and two of us asking to see something, anything.

I'm not too sure why I'm even responding to you guys, you obviously backed the game as well to be able to be in this forum. I'm pretty sure you would be just as excited to see something?

If you want to fight with each other, please make your own thread but I would like to keep this one simply about my request to possibly see a/some updates about the game.
  7. nightnord

nightnord New Member

They actually filming all development process as part of the KS stretch goals. Just unlike Double Fine they decided to release this documentary after they game, not during game development process. For marketing purposes, of course.
  8. Consili

Consili Member

Yes this (I had forgotten about the documentary). To add to this making something ready to present (like the planet generator for instance), is much different to working on the game actively. In the same way that presenting any kind of work is different to doing the work. They have to balance actively working on the game with taking time to make something show-able.

That said I think we are seeing a great level of updates on their progress. I'm more than happy with the rate of progress and updates.