Announcing Cloak and Danger, The Next Official Planetary Annihilation Tournament

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by BradNicholson, July 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K1S3L

K1S3L Member

I am not in the top 16? Okay.
    zweistein000 and elodea like this.
  2. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

For FFAs. Noone is doubting your technical skill in a 1v1, Kisel.
  3. K1S3L

K1S3L Member

Who has skill in 1v1 may play in any mode.
  4. mered4

As proven in this video:

That is definitely not true AT ALL.
  5. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

I think some of you might be too quick to discount the impact dynamic alliances have on these games. The weaker players could 3v1 the top player to eliminate a threat. The aggressive style of top players might not be well suited to a 2v2 either because they leave themselves vulnerable to a backstab.
  6. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

It's also interesting because if your ally starts building a nuke or a ton of bombers to snipe, if you unally him and kill him before he becomes a threat then you leave yourself vulnerable. If you let him finish it then you leave yourself very vulnerable to him killing you.
  7. mered4

I'm practicing for dynamo alliances now. I won't say how. :D
  8. stuart98

Dynamo alliances? lolwut
  9. BradNicholson

BradNicholson Uber Employee Uber Alumni

Lord knows I appreciate good-natured smack talk, but let's try to keep it real in here. No need to throw shade.

How did we pick the participants? We went through a list of the game's best players, identified the folks who make great content in the community, and asked them to come aboard. Of course, we only got the chance to invite 16 or 17 people so far. I really wish we could get more of ya'll in here. Trust me. But, the tournament's logistics would start to get out of control.

We'll have more tournaments in the future and we'll keep widening the pool, just like we're doing here.
    cptconundrum and aevs like this.
  10. reptarking

reptarking Post Master General

Me and anyone vs you. Gone in 10 or less
  11. aapl2

aapl2 Active Member

mered please get off your high horse.
    Fr33Lancer, aevs and mered4 like this.
  12. aapl2

aapl2 Active Member

owch, right in the feels.
    Last edited: July 9, 2014
  13. stuart98

IKR?
  14. aapl2

aapl2 Active Member

hold me ;_;
    websterx01 likes this.
  15. elodea

elodea Post Master General

I really wish PA tourneys started learning from exodus etc. by realising that maps are always incredibly important to set in stone and release before you announce and invite players.

Although im assuming brad was forced to early announce due to chatterboxes luls
    mot9001 and stuart98 like this.
  16. stuart98

Not naming names or anything...
  17. reptarking

reptarking Post Master General

Brad in his message told us he was going to announce it the next morning which he did, we didn't rush anything and had no part of the message that told us not to talk about this but none of us did announce anything after the invite was sent, we just kinda skated around the fact, and stuarts findings of /cloak from the uberent website just gave it away more.
    elodea likes this.
  18. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

She was the highest rated player in those games (first book, haven't read the others). So it was a story about the favourite entering a tournament and winning.

ZaphodX is casting, but thesambasti is not. WPMarshall is casting and he's not part of eXodus.
    stuart98 likes this.
  19. lapsedpacifist

lapsedpacifist Post Master General

Well I'm just gonna ignore all this drama and say that I'm looking forward to watching this tournament.
    FFA tourney? Can it be done?
    Will it devolve into a giant mess? Almost certainly. But hopefully a very entertaining mess.
    tollman, cptconundrum and proeleert like this.
  20. wpmarshall

wpmarshall Planetary Moderator

Awww, thanks Mered.
    As for ratings - whatever you type into youtube or Google my channel/content doesn't appear for at least 4 to 6 pages (and who clicks that far eh?) It's almost like comparing a global tech giant with a guy who has been staying hidden and has discovered a revolutionary piece of tech - I.e. comparing the visible with the invisible rather than comparing quality of content (which is not to say anything about quality however). TBH though it's not like I get much publicity, but I keep doing my own thing because I enjoy it - and I enjoy knowing that others enjoy it - I don't do it for money or fame. but everyone appreciates being recognised for what they do :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.