Announcing Cloak and Danger, The Next Official Planetary Annihilation Tournament

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by BradNicholson, July 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sookrispy

sookrispy Active Member

Hahaha I can imagine you're still mad about that match :p
    Last edited: July 9, 2014
    cdrkf likes this.
  2. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

No, I figured that you'd turn on me and I decided afterward that it was rather stupid of me to make that alliance in the first place when I could have defeated you then and there and no one would have had the resources to kill me before I recovered.

I just find it interesting that you always get second place in FFAs. You got it in the Zaphod match, you got it in the match @brianpurkiss casted between you and your clanmates...

Show me an FFA where you don't get second place. Like, seriously...

You still didn't confirm whether or not you were invited...
  3. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

Looks like I'm in.
    I can. :DDDDD
  4. reptarking

reptarking Post Master General

The list of Current invities i know of is this:
    BurntCustard
    Gandalf
    Milkdragon
    Mered4
    Tatsujb
    Zombiefan
    Squishypon
    SooKrispy
  5. stuart98

6. mered4

He wasn't, unfortunately. This tourney isn't about inviting high-profile people - it's about inviting the best.

EDIT: no offense meant to brian's skills as a player - he likes casting better, after all :)
  7. stuart98

If it's about inviting the best, then that's some odd choice of players...
    brianpurkiss likes this.
  8. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

No invite. I'm not an overly skilled player as I cast and work on the website too much. It makes sense that I'm not a player.

No invite for being a caster. Apparently I'm not in the cool kids club of casters. I suppose I just rub Uber the wrong way.

It'll be interesting to see who's casting, if it's just one caster, or if a bunch of people are taking turns.
  9. mered4

Don't take it too harshly, brian. They might accuse you of a knee-jerk reaction (even if it is completely justified).
  10. sookrispy

sookrispy Active Member

I swear this is going to end up being like the hunger games: All the strong players all bunched up whilst a Katniss Everdeen comes out of nowhere and kills them all, except in this case, there is no Katniss Everdeen, so yeah, ****.

Well whoever feels like teaming with an unreliable 16 year old, i'm totally up for it.
    mishtakashi and websterx01 like this.
  11. Illmaren

Illmaren Active Member

12. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

They accuse me of knee-jerk no matter how long I think about it and no matter how detailed I write.

I don't really take it harshly. Can't have all PA casters on at once. Everyone has gotta take their turns. But if every member of Exodus is casting... then that'd be a different story. Like I said, we'll see. I am the second most subscribed and viewed YouTuber for PA. Passed up Marshall this week. *shrugs*
  13. reptarking

It's not the best players, if it was then the picks would be different by far. not sure what the critera is for this tournament. But in terms of pure skill I can assure you it's not that. atleast 3+ of the top 10 were not invited and people that I walk into the ground were.
  14. mered4

Marshall is a good guy. Also very good at being amicable to both parties. Everyone likes Marshii :D
    stonewood1612 and cptconundrum like this.
  15. mered4

Gandalf - just because you are good at a 1v1 does not mean you are good at a FFA. The dynamics of mid to late game are entirely different
    squishypon3 likes this.
  16. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Well some really good players were invited, as well as some pretty high players (I'd like to think of me as this bit) , and then the lower end compared to the other players.

When I asked Brad how I got invited, he said that it was because "I was a valuable part of the communit" or something like that. So basically the criteria seems to be either: You're a super good player, or you have a lot of posts on the forums. :p
  17. sookrispy

sookrispy Active Member

Or none of the above in my case, except I always come in second place.
  18. mered4

Well...

Ok. :D
  19. reptarking

mmk so that pretty much narrows down exactly why we all were invited to have a community event and put on a show. and FFA skill i would correlate to your pure skill as a player. a high level 1v1 player can translate there 1v1 tactics to a more passive and map control based style fast and can become a death god since they can kill multiple people instead of just one.
  20. mered4

You do realize I have practiced taking on two people at once and winning?
    :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.