Annihilation Universe: any interest in a PA fansite?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by molloy, July 11, 2013.

1. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Yeah, this was my view too. Possibly a bit too tall for a banner also, the TAuniverse banner is quite short. But both of these are easily fixed, and the composition & layout is otherwise good.

I also suggest somehow making the text feel like it's more "in the scene". It stands out a bit too much at the moment. Not sure how to explain, but it's like when you can tell actors are acting in front of a green-screen - they just don't seem like they belong with the background.
  2. SleepWarz

SleepWarz Active Member

Are you going to transfer/keep the old forum database?

Either way I think this is a great idea.
  3. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

yeah here's a shorter version with cartoony sun better light/shadow and size logic and PA planet with atmosphere using the no fog of war shader mod and the recoulour shader mod.
    [​IMG]

...and with my prefered font :
    [​IMG]

...and just for kicks and giggles :
    [​IMG]

other:
    [​IMG]

other:
    [​IMG]

other:
    [​IMG]

other:
    [​IMG]
    ^low res, just a concept.
    Last edited: July 12, 2013
  4. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Much better :D good job!
  5. Bgrmystr2

Bgrmystr2 Active Member

Aaaaaghh the space between the R and the S... can't unsee! Dx

The 'other's feel like the font is a bit too low, since the above have very little space between the text and the top of the banner.

The planet looks SO much better though, it really feels like a PA banner. I REALLY think this is just me here, but the cartoony sun feels like it throws off the PA planet.. since now it's less cartoony planet but DON'T WORRAY GUIZE! THE SUN CAN THROW IT OFF NOW INSTEAD 8D!

xD All of them look very awesome though. It really is coming together nicely, and I think the folks at Annihilation Universe will have a very cool banner when it's all said and done.
  6. tatsujb

thanks for the feedback, I'll keep working on it, I feel like drawing my own planet and another sun. I still feel like A.U. disserves another font..... ..hoping to be able to sway the tide.
    one of the banners had the letters spaced by the computer all the rest were individual letters manually gestimated into place. guess which one had the letter aligment done by computer.
  7. molloy

molloy Member

OK it appears I may have jumped the gun slightly. We're still working it out internally about how we're going to do the site. Some are much keener to have a separate site (although with shared forum). When we've got organised we'll come back with the details hammered out properly.
  8. ryanx1n

ryanx1n Member

I like this [​IMG]

And what ever happens with TAU can you keep the old forums, it may have been 10 years ago but many good posts and memories are still there in some of the old archived mod forums.
  9. molloy

molloy Member

Ah yeah don't worry about that we're all quite precious about our old posts. We're not going to wipe it or set up a separate board we'd just reorganise the forum so it's not TA specific.
  10. ascythian

ascythian Member

Glad to see TA Universe, thinking about the other annihilation games.

Keep up the good work, I am sure to use them.
  11. kalherine

kalherine Active Member

12. kalherine

kalherine Active Member

Attached Files:

13. tatsujb

I like all four except the bling bling font on the last but I have to give praise for you risking your neck by trying new fonts. My favorite is the second one, that planet is beautiful
  14. kalherine

kalherine Active Member

15. kalherine

kalherine Active Member

16. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

Considering the last image editing you posted on the FAF forums that's actually pretty good.
  17. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

And it's certainly a lot better than the monstrosities currently occurring on our forums ;)