Annihilation Universe: any interest in a PA fansite?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by molloy, July 11, 2013.

1. molloy

molloy Member

The staff at TAUniverse.com have acquired the domain AnnihilationUniverse.com and we're thinking of transitioning the site into being about all the Annihilation games. Problem is we're all a bit old and infirm at this stage I was wondering is there any fresh blood on here that might be interested in helping?

We could use a few news posters and a new header image. If it takes off and we could ramp up to being something a bit more substantial with hosting for mods and maybe redesign a bit so we don't look so 2005.
  2. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

I'd love to help out !
  3. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

I can change nappies, if that's what's needed? :)
  4. iampetard

iampetard Active Member

The Realm is here to assist our older brethren.

Isn't that right incorrect cat?
  5. cwarner7264

No, it's not.

:lol:
  6. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

7. tatsujb

Using the size from the banner of uberent I crafted one for Annihiliation universe using Equiliari's artwork.
    [​IMG]

A question arises as to what font to use. a new font?
    [​IMG]
    .......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................or just go with classic PA over here ↑‎ ?

time for a new font no?
  8. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Are the last two actual fonts or just taken from the PA art? I'd like to use in my modding handbook.
  9. tatsujb

yes they are sadly, I have no idea what they are called or if uber (if they made the font) has made it available at all.

[​IMG]

here's what I can manage so far, I can imitate it and it would be flawless but tedious
    Last edited: July 11, 2013
  10. cwarner7264

Is it not possible to take the title art and make your own font using the graphics?

If anyone can do it, Raevn, it's you, you crazy whizz-kid.
  11. tatsujb

Last edited: July 12, 2013
  12. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

:lol:

I've actually already made individual images for the alphabet and some special characters, and I'm currently turning it into a font that can be installed.

It's fairly rough; some of the characters need some work (C is a little too thin, for example).

Attached Files:

13. cwarner7264

I bloody knew it. You never cease to amaze me.
  14. tatsujb

Finish it up! I needs! :shock:
  15. iampetard

iampetard Active Member

I see what you did there :geek:
  16. tatsujb

17. gammatau

gammatau Member

final? More like horrible. Your earlier efforts show promise though, just need a little more polish :)
  18. Bgrmystr2

Bgrmystr2 Active Member

Personally, I prefer the one with Equiliari's artwork on the first page.. but I don't know if that'll be a thing.

Suggestion, though, perhaps you might want to take an actual image of the planet w/ moon in-game and put THAT into your image? I think at least that would be pretty impressive.
  19. tatsujb

alright I'll do that, hey I'm open to criticism, I think it can only get better.

I'll try both your takes, it's true that the planet ended up not being as PA ish (i wanted to try a new style) but I'll do the swirly swirls.

As for taking the PA actuall orbital bodies, I'd thought of it then thought it wouldn't be that special but let me give it another go.

how about the text? I'm really not feeling the classic PA font and coulours, i tried a couple other themes that looked nice like black and dark blue a grey.
  20. cwarner7264

Personally, I think the thing that grates about the 'final' above is that you've used a photographic sort of look on the sun, and a cartoony sort of look on the planet and moon, and they clash a little.

My pfennig's worth :)