Anime/Manga

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by Xx Tikki xX, December 11, 2010.

1. missionaryposition

missionaryposition Member

2. NegimaSonic

NegimaSonic Active Member

Yay it got bumped without me doing it >_> buuuut that means I have a bit I wanted to rant about.

Anywho, Titan showed off that Rivaloli (screw spelling) guy finally, though I was confused at first because they call him Levi (supposedly translation can go both ways). But other than stupid name jokes, he really was a pretty cool guy. I was a bit worried about the clean freak thing but when he held that bloody man's hand to give him some parting words, whether it was for show or not, I like him.
    [​IMG]
    And that's not even touching on that stuff with Eren at the end...cliffhanger city.

Then OreImo actually had an episode that made me see Kirino in a better light for once. It sorta fixed some of the stuff from the last episode, pretty sure either way Kuroneko is done but at least she's still going out strong.
    [​IMG]

Also finally watching Naruto again in order to catch up. I'm actually enjoying it for now. And gave an episode of Madoka Magicka a look. Somehow in doing all of this I got behind on Hataraku Maou Sama again though.
  3. missionaryposition

Did anyone feel uncomfortable listening to Rivaille talk? He sounds way too much like Araragi-kun. Kamiya Hiroshi playing Rivaille's voice, it doesn't fit.
  4. NegimaSonic

He apparently is.
    But I didn't watch Bakemonogatari so this doesn't bring me joy or pain lol.
  5. missionaryposition

OMG it's so awkward. It'll take time before I get used to his voice. I would of prefer Miyano Mamoru (Yagami Light / Okabe Rintarō) play Rivaille's role but oh well.

Btw, you should watch Bakemonogatari and Nisemonogatari.
  6. NegimaSonic

It can go on the list with the maybe laters, there's already quite a line lol.
    And those names confuse me quite a bit, I think there's going to be another series of one of those, I can't tell
    http://atxpieces.files.wordpress.com/20 ... mer-v2.jpg

Claims "Monogatari Second Season"
  7. missionaryposition

24+ EPs... That is a good news. Always loved Gahara-san's sharp tongue.
  8. vinco46

vinco46 New Member

I think I just like him because he's only there to make Shinji a literal fag.

Just finished all of Eden of the East. Eh. Cute but I felt it lacked a bit of everything else.

What's next on my backlog...
  9. bloodvizor

bloodvizor Active Member

Onepunch Man

[​IMG]
    Manga, very few out (around 30 chapters) very quick read.
    The image above is a series of pages from the manga put together as a gif. Not kidding you.
    Also its a gag manga built up around a joke. It's high enough brow for me to highly recommend it, and I am picky

Venture Bros

[​IMG]

Favorite show ever, always has been since it's first season.
    It's on netflix now though, so no excuse
    Just started fifth season, and that's the first season in 3 years.
    The theme of the show is failure.
  10. embox

embox Moderator Alumni

Anyone watching Susei no Gargantia? It's pretty good so far.
  11. arseface

arseface Post Master General

Episode 9 made the series.

Up till then I was meh on it.
  12. NegimaSonic

What made that episode better, I don't care about spoilers.

---

On another note, I found out WataMote is just going to do five minute episodes, so there goes my hopes. I'll admit that the series didn't have a lot of material for a show but I thought they could pull off more than that.
  13. arseface

arseface Post Master General

Others might, so I'll keep it simple.

They simultaneously explain the setting, skew your perception of the world, put the characters in an position that makes you care about their future, and shows a possible future reality that makes you honestly consider the direction humanity may take and how people should respond to it.

It basically blows your mind by turning the series into something it wasn't before that point. All of a sudden the entire world has more to it than the rest of the series made you think it had. It gets subtly foreshadowed for a lot of the beginning of the series too, so it doesn't come out of nowhere either.
  14. NegimaSonic

Well guess I'll try to remember to give it a look "someday". haha, no I really might though, I think I was considering it at the beginning of the season, same with Titan, but Titan seemed to win more people so I went with that. (Haven't regretted it but naturally I wondered about this show)
  15. missionaryposition

There are only 2 worth watching anime this season.
  16. NegimaSonic

Not buying that one lol. Maybe for you but I have three, with the wishy washy fourth.
    Heck, I'm watching three bad ones as well because I still do get some slight enjoyment out of them :D
  17. missionaryposition

Kyojin and Oreimo for me.

The rest don't motivate me to stay up midnight and watch them.
  18. NegimaSonic

Ah, well part of the glory you get for living in the nation that produces everything in this thread lol.

Btw, there is some rage about OreImo the 12th volume being released, some are saying it is still fake information. I won't get into it since it is rumor now but it's spreading. If it is true, whatever but it seems like a boring ending if that's the way they're going to play this.

EDIT:Before I finished typing this came up...so maybe. Spoiler if you click obviously.
  19. missionaryposition

14 hours 'til the bookstore opens up.

NO. WAY. IN. HELL. I'M. CLICKING. THAT.

Edit:

I couldn't resist. I clicked.

My reaction :

[​IMG]
  20. NegimaSonic

Meh...I forgot to look more into it now that I've woken up but it still doesn't mean much until the 10 year later story comes :p