Anime/Manga

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by Xx Tikki xX, December 11, 2010.

1. missionaryposition

missionaryposition Member

Kuroneko sucks. Kirino FTW.

[​IMG]
  2. NegimaSonic

NegimaSonic Active Member

Meh, I'm not ok with it, if I came into the show expecting "that", then sure, but they opened with the Kuroneko kiss, I figured that was were this was headed. Mind you I never watched Season 1 (and have no plans to at this time).

To go from "let's go out on a date" to ending with "time to break up with sempai" in the same episode, not cool :|
  3. vinco46

vinco46 New Member

So it's settled then. Eren is superior alternate universe Shinji. I'm really liking medieval fantasy steampunk Evangelion.
  4. missionaryposition

I don't think you should be watching season 2 if you haven't watched season 1 lol.

Btw, season 1 is so much better... so far.
  5. NegimaSonic

Meh, most of it is self contained, the only references I'm missing to season 1 is the whole why Kirino went to America (resolved) and the Kuroneko kiss (resolved). I'm not saying I'm not missing out on certain key points, but it feels negliable.

Like Hayate no Gotoku, Can't Take My Eyes Off You, it has zero relation to Season 1 and 2 (and to an extent, the manga itself), if you wished to watch it first you'd be no more or less confused than a long time watcher other than learning the characters.

Welcome to the fanclub, but still, RIP Kawaii Titan :'(
  6. missionaryposition

@negi

No, watch Oreimo S1.

SnK is really big here. Every manga volume sells a million copies. Unbelievable.
  7. arseface

arseface Post Master General

It's not that good.

Wonder why it's so popular. I mean I like it, but it's not something I'll remember in a few years.
  8. vinco46

vinco46 New Member

So I couldn't really wait for the next episode so I read the manga. It isn't clean, but it's pretty.

But I just can't shake the heavy comparison to Terra Formars. At least you can laugh a bit at titans, but those cockroachmen are something else.
  9. missionaryposition

Men lie, women lie but numbers don't lie! :p
  10. NegimaSonic

I believe Jersey Shore always attracted a couple million viewers...

Anywho, I'll just keep passively enjoying Season 2, it's not a top show for me but not the bottom either, I'm not sure where to put it. I guess fourth place on my this season watchlist.

Titan is #1 so far.
    HenNeko #2
    Hataraku Maou-Sama is fighting for second and fourth place. I can't seem to place it, sometimes it is better. I think I just like the concept of the devil working at a fast food restaurant more than anything else.

Someone on DA did a small crossover between Titan and Maou-sama
    http://zipskyblue.deviantart.com/art/CO ... -373317197
    I'd link the image directly but it'd stretch the topic.
    Also I may the only one who'd get this
  11. missionaryposition

Please don't compare Shingeki no Kyojin to Jersey Shore.
  12. mistermaf

mistermaf Active Member

I just watched the entirety of Neon Genesis Evangelion in one sitting last night/this morning.

Worst ending ever.

Then I find out that there are some movies, cool!

No, they're remakes of the anime.

I'll watch them some day; there are different elements even though the overall arc is the same. Hopefully the ending is different...really burned on that.
  13. vinco46

vinco46 New Member

Death and Rebirth is a recap and partial ending to te anime continuity, End of Evangelion is the whole ending of it. I can't say you will like it or anything, but it's a bit more than how the last anime episode went. The Eva Rebuild movies are progressing differently, but I still hate all the characters except for Kaworu. The designs are still beautiful though.
  14. arseface

arseface Post Master General

Numbers don't lie, so Jersey Shore is obviously as good if not better :p .
  15. NegimaSonic

That was basically where I was going with that, but I'm kidding either way, numbers can show popularity,but aren't always an indication of something "good". However, I'm definitely enjoying it.

Anywho to lighten the mood
    [​IMG]
  16. FireflyJenkins

FireflyJenkins Active Member

As soon as I get a set of working headphones, I'm gonna finish Cowboy Bebop. Might even start over because it's been a little while and my memory's fuzzy.
  17. NegimaSonic

Sounds good, I know a lot of people really liked that, I just settled for the manga (which I'm sure was different but I didn't want to invest more time into it >_>)
  18. missionaryposition

People who watch Jersey Shore are brainwashed sheep. They don't count!

On topic: SnK is that good. Mikasa's voice actress is its only flaw.
  19. NegimaSonic

Randomly decided to read and get caught up on WataMote because I heard it was becoming an anime and made people "cringe". After reading it, I can understand why but it's more funny than cringe worthy.
  20. mistermaf

mistermaf Active Member

ugh

no

what is wrong with you

no

Kaworu is just no. He's one of those powerful helpless types that are so annoying, like Solomon Goldsmith in Blood+. Thank heavens you only have to deal with him for a couple episodes.

Spoilers kind of?:

The biggest issue I think is that the whole arc ended much too soon. There are a ton of things that are introduced but never explored. The last three episodes should have been spread out through the whole series; I feel like it was a lazy way to cram in the psychological element after they realized they hadn't done an adequate job of it prior. The events leading up to that leave most of the characters physically and/or emotionally broken, completely change the game for the Units, and vaguely revealed something significant about Rei that could also change the whole game, but the writer never capitalized on any of these golden opportunities - nevermind the utter failure to explore Rei before then and open up her potential to be incredibly interesting instead of so passive.