Also feeling a little disheartened

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by TehOwn, August 18, 2015.

1. philoscience

philoscience Post Master General

I wish they had just given everyone the 66% discount, because honestly no one deserves a legit expansion for free. Giving it to KS for free was a nice gesture to show they support the people who made this all possible. I'm just happy there is a great new expansion to play and a chance for the community to thrive again. Woot!
    elkanfirst likes this.
  2. kvalheim

kvalheim Post Master General

I'm flattered :3
    Might need to check this out tho. I keep sometimes coming back to PA, then realising I'm awful at this type of RTS
  3. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Kickstarter seems like a reasonable cutoff, but given how questionable selling the Alpha for $90 was in the first place it comes off even worse when those people don't get Titans.

If I had to cut it off I would put it at January 2014, same as the cutoff for Ajax was.
    bradaz85 and maskedcrash like this.
  4. maskedcrash

maskedcrash Active Member

Just learned that the answer is a big fat NO.
    I'll link to comment when I get back home.
  5. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

I know the generation changes were put into the game, was checking out the system editor myself (however I can't use the new CSG to make custom maps without the DLC) not sure about the other two things I'd mentioned. Anyone who's got the new expansion and the base game willing to check it out for us? @cola_colin @stuart98 etc..
  6. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

I don't have it yet, I'm waiting on the mystery mayhem key.
    squishypon3 likes this.
  7. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

i sure know i donated via paypal .. and i got the addon
    cdrkf likes this.
  8. dom314

dom314 Post Master General

Most of the changes for the latest patch are both for PA and for PA:T. I've noticed a lot of little polish tweaks that apply to both games. The tutorial however is not included in PA. I think that would be because it contains titans. Hopefully a tutorial with the extra PA:T content cut out will make it to PA.
    cdrkf likes this.
  9. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

When
    Not gonna happen I would say. You can't buy PA alone anymore. New users buy titans and get the tutorial. Old users... don't need a tutorial. (and should take the chance to get titans cheap anyway :p)
    Quitch, cdrkf and stuart98 like this.
  10. dom314

dom314 Post Master General

Fair point.
    cdrkf likes this.
  11. temeter

temeter Well-Known Member

Uber are literally giving out free stuff without needing to and people are complaining. >_>
    Some places don't even do give-aways anymore because of jealous people being too much trouble.
    Nicb1, ace63 and cdrkf like this.
  12. WaylanderPK

WaylanderPK Member

I saw that Titans was out, I logged onto to buy it, even at $40 (Australian Dollars). Only to find it had been added to my library. I get that people might be upset that paid for Early Access and are not getting Titans for free. But I would have paid for expansion, PA is by far the most fun I've had with a game since TA, and this expansion looks great.
    Good work by Uber imho, when I backed all that time ago it was an act of faith, and as far as I'm concerned that faith was well placed.
    proeleert, Gorbles, ace63 and 4 others like this.
  13. atlas974

atlas974 New Member

This would have eased the situation and wouldn't have to split the little community even more but instead......
  14. ace63

ace63 Post Master General

People are still discussing about 13 euros they could have easily earned in the time they complained about being entitled not to spend them...
    daTomas, cdrkf, stuart98 and 7 others like this.
  15. philoscience

philoscience Post Master General

Folks, the drone carriers alone are worth the price of entry. This. Expansion. ROCKS!
    cdrkf and ace63 like this.
  16. TehOwn

TehOwn Member

If Titans is so good, hopefully they'll do a free weekend, so they can prove it to people who didn't already get it for free.
    cdrkf and killerkiwijuice like this.
  17. ace63

ace63 Post Master General

I like that idea.
  18. ghostflux

ghostflux Active Member

Yes people exaggerate wildy, but I think the primary problem isn't so much the price or the content that you're given, it's the fact that Uber Entertainment simply sucks at PR. Even if they do everything right, they do it in such a way that makes atleast some part of the community feel terrible about it. Of course you can't please everyone, but there are certain decisions that just rub people the wrong way.

This whole kickstarter/early-access split up makes, early-access buyers feel like they are the inferior kind of customer. Then there's the PA forums/Steam forums split up, where the steam forums are essentially the wild west, where problems are simply ignored. While the PA forums are properly moderated and communicated with.

If they truly want to reduce the backlash, they have to make sure that everyone essentially feels like a valued customer.
    elkanfirst, maskedcrash and aevs like this.
  19. websterx01

websterx01 Post Master General

I'd give it a go in a heartbeat. @jables is this something that is reasonable for you guys to consider?
    cdrkf and maskedcrash like this.
  20. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Well I think you can't disable the steam forums on a title that is sold on steam.
    Sadly.
    cdrkf likes this.